This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by disneyfreeek
    LOL nope! 4th grade was a long time ago. I know there are hospitals named John Muir.......

You haven't studied History since you built your mission model? Do you remember which mission it was?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to be insulting. I just didn't care much about history in school. I care more about the history of Walt and DL.
      sigpic
      Elsa's and Anna's
      Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda
        You haven't studied History since you built your mission model? Do you remember which mission it was?
        Mission Carmel!
        sigpic
        Elsa's and Anna's
        Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to be insulting. I just didn't care much about history in school. I care more about the history of Walt and DL.
          No, my comment wasn't was from insult... - just something that popped into my mind...
          Check out my other blog:

Comment

Back to the original subject tho..... Wouldn't anaheim get way to cluttered with a 3rd park? I mean if they transform the cast parking, then where will they park?? I don't like the idea of more huge structures like the Mickey one, I only parked there once and that was scary!! I think a water park would be cool, doesn't have to be as big, and alot of kids like waterslides. Maybe they could buy out all the hotels across the street, build such a park, and some value hotels!
            sigpic
            Elsa's and Anna's
            Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Back to the original subject tho..... Wouldn't anaheim get way to cluttered with a 3rd park? I mean if they transform the cast parking, then where will they park?? I don't like the idea of more huge structures like the Mickey one, I only parked there once and that was scary!! I think a water park would be cool, doesn't have to be as big, and alot of kids like waterslides. Maybe they could buy out all the hotels across the street, build such a park, and some value hotels!
              No, I don't see any crowding problems... Because there ain't much to look at on Harbor much further South of Katella.... And they are willing to ask the city to allow monorail access to get people to more remote locations...
              Check out my other blog:

Comment

Monorail drops would be cool. They should have 1 at every corner, and then we won't have to pay for stupid ART anymore.
                sigpic
                Elsa's and Anna's
                Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda
                  Not that I think Disney designed DCA to be a half-day park. The first time I went there (July 3, 2001) it was packed to the gills and it took the whole day to do everything. I think they overestimated the success and popularity of their efforts .... expected 45-60 minute wait times instead of 10-20 minute waits. Cutting your line time in half makes a full-day park into a half-day park.
                  I think they designed it to be a full-day park. The main complaints of DAK were that it was only a half-day park... What, 3 or 4 rides and a couple shows? DCA had like 11 rides, 2 3-d movies, several stage shows, 2 play areas.... Golden Dreams, Vinyard, farm and factories... They REALLY worked at upping the attraction count in hopes this would open as a FULL day park.

The problems with DCA, being half day are 2 fold.
                  1) As you say... fewer people, shorter lines, faster to do the park.

2) Not all attractions are created equal. Despite having 20+ "attractions" on opening day, Not everyone had much interest in doing more than 6 or 8 of them. Really, out of the 20 attractions, there are only 3 I've done more than about 3 times..... (Soarin', Screamin', ITTBaB) (And of course, now ToT). The result is that it just didn't have enough attractions that people were actually interested in doing.

25-30 tirps to DLR and only 4 attractions in DCA I've done more than about 3 times...

My count:
                  ToT: 6-8
                  Soarin: 20+
                  Screamin: 20+
                  ITTBAB: 6-8
                  GRR: 3 (but I usually go in the off-season... I'd ride GRR more if I went in the summer more).

Sun Wheel: 3
                  Boomer: 2
                  MM: 3 (Well, 5, but 3 of those were in-a-row without getting out of the car)
                  Muppets: 2 or 3
                  SSL: 1
                  Millionaire: 1
                  Golden Dreams: 1
                  Zephyr: 1

Carousel: 0
                  Stinger: 0
                  Jellyfish: 0

All of FFF... chew chew trian:1 everything else: 0

Vinyard: 0
                  Bread: 1
                  Tortilla: 0 (never watched any of the show, but have gotten a couple free tortillas)

Aladdin: 4 or 5
                  Blast: 1
                  Steps: (closed before my first trip to DCA, 8 months after the park opened)

Wait.... how does this relate to the 3rd gate? Oh yeah... DCA needs 3-4 c-d ticlet rides and 2 more E-Tickets. This will raise the park from "a park with 4 or 5 things I like to do", to "a park with 8 to 10 things I like".

Then it is time to go all out on the 3rd gate. Just admit up front it is a hopper park! Don't even try to have 20 attractions at opening. Spend the money on awesome themeing and 4-5 great rides that just about everyone will really want to do (plus some shows, a parade, night time pyro-show). If locals ant to see it, they can spend $75 on a 1-day hopper, or $100 on a 2-day hopper or (by then) $200 on a low-end (off season only) AP.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X