This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Memories

Alright, Im going through Disneyland withdrawls again... anyone got any good HM stories? At this point, Im living vicariously through you all...

Ill start. One time, my friend and I were on the ride, and the ride was stopped right when we were going down the slopeing part of the hall of breathing doors, so we were pretty much lieing down. We ended up lieing down in that hall for half an hour! It was fun though.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
    sigpic

One time after closing (probably like around 2am) the lead in NOS took us on a backstage tour of some of the NOS/ Adventureland attractions. We walked through all the room s in the HM and got to see how all the illusions work. We ended up spending about an hour in the ballroom, looking at everything and how detailed it all is, sitting in the chairs, reading the books, etc.

A side note- I had heard a story as a CM about a woman whose son had died of cancer and had been cremated. His wish was to have his ashes spread at the park, but management wouldn't allow it when she approached them with the idea. So instead, she placed pictures of him around the park and gave a few to CM's and asked them to do the same so that a memory of him would always be in the park. We found one of those pictures underneath a plate in the ballroom. Very cool story.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Cool story.
      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I remember when I was little being absolutely terrified of the thought of a Haunted Mansion... and I refused to go on it! (this is WDW...) Finally I decided to suck it up and ride, and I'm glad I did... as HM is my favorite ride of all time!

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
          A side note- I had heard a story as a CM about a woman whose son had died of cancer and had been cremated. His wish was to have his ashes spread at the park, but management wouldn't allow it when she approached them with the idea. So instead, she placed pictures of him around the park and gave a few to CM's and asked them to do the same so that a memory of him would always be in the park. We found one of those pictures underneath a plate in the ballroom. Very cool story.
          I heard that story, but I heard (from an unrealiable source, granted). That a woman was not allowed to spread her son's ashes in the park, but she did anyway by or in the Haunted Mansion. Some people have seen a little boy crying, as if lost from his parents, near the exit of the ride. Thanks for at least confirming a similar story...
          My mind won't rest
          and I don't sleep
          Not even in my dreams...
          -"If You Ever Did Believe"
          written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
          1985-2005

Comment

The first time I went on it we got stopped where you're looking down the hall at the floating candelabra...it was just really cool that watch it go around and around and around....

Comment

Once, when I was little, we got stuck in the graveyard, right in front of those poppy-uppy thingys. I hate them to this day, because I saw it go by about a million times. Just like I can't stand "WHEEL OF FORTUNE!!!" because once I waited for a plane in Vegas, and that slot machine was right behind me, and I heard THAT a million times.
              "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
              --"Being Alive"
              Company Stephen
              Sondheim

Comment

I never seem to stop in the scenes I like... last time the ride stopped when the doombuggy was rigth at the cemetary gates. Looking at the caretaker's legs vibrate was rather... interesting in a weird way.

I'd rather get stopped at the Endless Hallway, Madame Leota's seance circle, or the Great Hall.

Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

Comment

Actually the spreading ashes was in Haunted Mansion Holiday. I interviewed a CM about the story for the second issue of my fanzine. Interesting, but creepy and well... just kinda wrong. Hazmat had to come in and clean things up because human ashes are considered a biohazard.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureLandJaggy
                    I never seem to stop in the scenes I like... last time the ride stopped when the doombuggy was rigth at the cemetary gates. Looking at the caretaker's legs vibrate was rather... interesting in a weird way.

I'd rather get stopped at the Endless Hallway, Madame Leota's seance circle, or the Great Hall.
                    I was stuck one, in HMH, in the graveyard watching the doll chew on the wires...is it just me or is the doll freaky?

Comment

I personally love the Scary Teddy.. I just wish they had toys of the Bullet Hole Duck as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigertail777
                        Actually the spreading ashes was in Haunted Mansion Holiday. I interviewed a CM about the story for the second issue of my fanzine. Interesting, but creepy and well... just kinda wrong. Hazmat had to come in and clean things up because human ashes are considered a biohazard.

All I know is I saw the picture in the ballroom and I saw it before the first HMH was installed, so maybe they are two different instances.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigertail777
                          Hmm...I guess we are made of some scary stuff if the guys in rubber suits show up to clean things up.

Comment

It might give off some sort of smell that's dangerous to inhale or something.. I guess it's like if she diced the kids body and spread the chunks around the ride, then with them eventually rotting and just becoming nasty.. while it adds a theme-fitting scent, it's just plain gross to spread ashes anyway.

Comment

Wow, that sounds like an urban legend, but apparently it did happen!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Last year, during an October visit, my sister and I were walking from Splash Mountain one night, when we noticed the HM lit up differently. It was lit with pinks and purples. I thought it was odd, so while my sis had a cig break I took the camera and walked to the HM entrance. There on the lawn was Jack and Sally! Also, there was a camera crew set up that must have been shooting a comercial or something. I went through the gate and got as close as I could to take some pics. Jack and Sally posed! I was blown away by the detail in the costumes and makeup. Not to mention the way Jack moved; it was very ballet like and etheral. People were a little irritated at having to go around me and I didn't care. It is not everyday you see Jack and Sally.
                                Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

This isn't really a HM memory, but it takes place there.
                                  Last summer, near the end of the day, my mom and I were deciding what to do next after riding Indy Jones. I knew it was getting close to Fantasmic time, but for some reason, we really didn't want to see it that bad (We had never seen it before). We decided to go on POTC. After we finished on that, Fantasmic had barely started. We then decided to take another ride on the HM. We walked over there, and waited in the very front part of the line, with a good view of Fantasmic (basically unobstructed). At that time, we found out that HM was experiencing techincal difficulties, and the wait would be a little longer. We just continued watching Fantasmic. Eventually, the CM notified the line that the ride would be down for the rest of the night, and that we would have to leave the line. However, shortly after telling us that he became engrossed in a conversation with someone from the front of the line, and didn't notice everyone else still sitting on the brick ledge watching the rest of the show. It was a great vantage point with no wait! Plus, it was a great show!
                                  In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

In the Haunted Holiday makeover, my husband and I got stuck right under Teddy-Bat holding the two live electric wires. It was kinda of cool Leaning back and looking up. We also were stopped in the endless hall seeing Zero floating.

We also got stopped for about 20 minutes by the singing busts, that was a hoot! We learned all the vocal parts that time!

I also got busted for taking photos once... It wasn't crowded, and we couldn't even see where the next people were... So I started taking pictures, and by the time we got to the attic, a voice comes over the loud speaker "No photos please". Yes, I was embarrassed...

God I love that ride! Wish I was there right now...

Comment

I had heard a story as a CM about a woman whose son had died of cancer and had been cremated. His wish was to have his ashes spread at the park
                                      This is somewhat true.... sometimes you can see his ghost crying at the exit of ride.

But my favorite time on the attraction was when they used to have the knight jump out and scare you. But this old lady had a heart attack and Disney had to close the ride down for several years and reopened it in 1969.

Thank you.

Comment

I don't think anyone has died on HM- especially since the seance room is underground (if I remember anyways, you can get to it by a hallway off the control room )and there is nowhere to fall hundreds of feet.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X