X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrincessP
    replied
    I don't ever remember the knight, but my younger cousin does. She is still tramatized from that knight. HAHAHA, when we say lets go on the HM she says let not.

Leave a comment:

• Glad Game Guy
    replied
    Yep, I remember the Knight too! He would stand ride next to the track in the hall of doors when you were riding backwards at that point and as the cars passed by he would reach his arm out toward you.

A BIG SCARY SURPRISE the first time it happened. Every time I ride now I think of that and wonder if a knight might possibly be there! Going backwards in that section of the ride was such a great spooky idea.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied
    Years ago the old wax museum in Buena Park had a security guard who amused himself by standing near the wax statues and pretending to be one himself. When people were around he would stand real still...then begin to "fall over." It was corny but everyone got a little laugh. This kind of stuff might have worked with the HM characters instead of doing frightening stuff.

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantasmico!
    Then my dad did not help things out by telling me that people dressed as something scary would pop up and grab people. :devil: Gave people heart attacks, he said. :devil:

That was the Urban Legend...

http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/haunted.asp

Nice to know who started it...

Leave a comment:

• Fantasmico!
    replied
    I would have never ridden HM again! I get spooked now, for Pete's sake! When I was little, I remember watching Wonderful World of Disney featuring the HM creation. I got so scared I had to put my head in my mom's lap, even the noise was scary. Then my dad did not help things out by telling me that people dressed as something scary would pop up and grab people. :devil: Gave people heart attacks, he said. :devil: To top it all off, I saw a HM toy model- it was a crypt, just like the one with the arm laying brick to seal it self up, except a vampire stepped out. My imagination took off and a couple of years later, I nearly peed my pants just standing in HM line. :lol: Scared my brother so much he was shaking. To this day my brother will not ride HM. I have spent my adult years getting over this mental hump and really have a hard time riding alone. I love, love, love, the Holiday overlay though. Anyway, is there any truth to the rides early years real "ghosts" and was there a vampire?

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMan
    replied
    When My Wife and I went to DLR the first time together The Knight what there and scared the, you know what, out of us. I could imagine what it would do to a small child.

Leave a comment:

• xerotheory142
    replied
    eh, but if you think about it, it wouldnt really be Disney. HM is meant to be scary, yes, but a fun kind of scary. a Disney scary. Its a family park, remember.

------edit------
    hehe, beat to it by a few seconds...

Leave a comment:

• mistyisjafo
    replied
    Yea, they did have the knight for a while but guests complained. Too scary, too invasive, freaked the kiddies out, blah blah blah. Scared the snot out of me the one time I experienced it. Liked it! But that's the thing about Disney, it's not supposed to be scary. Haunted mansion is full of HAPPY ghosts.

Besides, when I was a kid HM scared me enough with out the knight!

Leave a comment:

• Awe_inspired
    replied
    I would have liked live people jumping out from behind boxes in the attic. It would have added a nice randomness and sense of antici.....pation.

Leave a comment:

• creamcityleo79
    replied
    Thanks Indy!!!

Leave a comment:

• IndyJn511
    replied
    There wer a few at some point...

visit doombuggies.com...

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    Originally posted by Cousin Orville
    It was a WDI test in the late 80s. They had a knight and a another costumed character in the hallway. This woman claimed that it traumatized her from some issues in her past so they canned it as too scary or risky form a legal perspective.
    Sounds like an urban legend...

I remember costumed characters scaring people on the ride... I thought it was too invasive...

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Orville
    replied
    At first the knight thrust his ax on people, but after some bad results, then he would only use his hand. I suspect repeat guests started fighting back and grabbing at him.. it was not the best idea on all fronts. i saw it several times. im not positive on the reaper.

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Orville
    replied
    yes. i think it was a grim reaper..

Leave a comment:

• creamcityleo79
    replied
    Originally posted by Cousin Orville
    It was a WDI test in the late 80s. They had a knight and a another costumed character in the hallway. This woman claimed that it traumatized her from some issues in her past so they canned it as too scary or risky form a legal perspective.
    I figured something like that happened...do you know what the other character was?

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Orville
    replied

Leave a comment:

• creamcityleo79
    replied
    Originally posted by dramaqueen
    I believe they used to have CM's spook people in the 80's- I would love to see this brought back!
    I know...this is a hidden gem that has been lost! I remember someone telling me that at one point they had 2 characters doing this. But, I can't remember what the other one was...or even what it could have been. Also, was it just me or have the glasses in HM been filled with some red drink? I don't think I remember this being there before!

Leave a comment:

• HarajukuBoy
    replied
    I remember the live knight as well. Used to scare the s**t outta me. I do miss that though.

Leave a comment:

• dramaqueen
    replied
    I believe they used to have CM's spook people in the 80's- I would love to see this brought back!

Leave a comment:

• Disney Analyst
    replied
    LOL!, thats hilarious... poor guy had to be in a knights costume... Maybe someone that stands there still, making sure everyone goes right way etc. A moderator..

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X