This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Lasseter

So I was at disneyland a few weeks ago and I was shopping at the emporium and who walks by but John Lasseter. I nearly crapped myself ,he is one of my heros,so i went up to him he was seriously one of the nicest people ive ever met. He had his son take a picture for me, see my avatar, but nobody else recognized him it was weird, but thats off point, He was shopping which brings up the question. Why does John Lasseter have to shop for Disney Merchandise doesnt he get anything he wants for free? I just thought it was weird!

I choose death by monkey!

Re: John Lasseter

That is awesome!!! I would have went crazy asking every question I could think of!

Comment

You were this close to royalty! so cool! I just would have stared. You are pretty brave fellow! As for the shopping, maybe he prefers to shop in DL atmosphere?
      Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Maybe he was looking for DisneyWorld products. He was going to buy them, and then burn them in the Esplanade. (He had a permit, in my version of the story.)

Comment

That is so cool!

BTW, were you wearing a crazy hat or was that the chandelier behind you?
          sigpic
          Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

Knew the name, but would have never recognized the face.

Comment

You know, he may be powerful, but not only is he still pretty much exclusively Pixar employee until the deal goes through, but he will still be an employee after the merger completes. He probably gets the executive discount.
              -Tim

Comment

Lasseter is the real deal. At his soul he's still a Disney Fanatic like the rest of us.

Comment

Thats not a crazy hat thats thats just my natural glow!

Comment

People who run Disney don't own it: the shareholders own it, and so if an exec wants a plush Mickey for himself, he has to pay for it himself, or cleverly find a way to make it a business expense (or have their admin do so).

Perhaps John Lassiter was buying something at Disneyland because he likes to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by wulfblat
                      People who run Disney don't own it: the shareholders own it, and so if an exec wants a plush Mickey for himself, he has to pay for it himself, or cleverly find a way to make it a business expense (or have their admin do so).

Perhaps John Lassiter was buying something at Disneyland because he likes to go there.
                      Members of the board get Golden Passes.
                      And I'm sure people get much bigger perks than discounts.
                      BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                      October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                      October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                      July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                      July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                      July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                      February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                      February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                      TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Thats awesome that you got to meet Mr Lasseter. Being an exec now for Disney or soon to be he is still like one of us.. a disney enthusiast. He probably gets a nice discount... im guessing a "B" discount hahaha.
                        Congrats again. I want a picture with CM Matt. that will be the day.
                        We rock the party that rocks the party!
                        We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

I saw John Lasseter at the 4/10/05 U2 show in San Jose, he was in the VIP pit which was just below my section. One of his kids was wearing an Incredible's t-shirt. But I never got to say anything to him, way to go Bonofiededge (a fellow U2 fan I see)!

Comment

Yeah for sure! Bono is my other hero! Its funny you say his son was in a Incredibles shirt cause all his kids were in either incredibles clothes are cars clothes,notice the cars hat John Lasseter is wearing! Oh and by the way nice catch on the U2 reference most people dont get that!

I choose death by monkey!

Comment

Very cool!

Reminds me of the time my daughter got to meet and chat with CM Matt at the Hub. I wasn't with her, and my friend who was didn't take a picture!!!!!! :bang:

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                              Everyone says that the U.S. doesnít make anything anymore, but thatís not exactly true. Weíre the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X