This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to everyone for the photos!

As someone who makes it to Disneyland once a year, if she's lucky, I wanted to thank DarkBeer, CrazyLegs, and everyone else who posts photos. I know there was a DB appreciation thread recently, but this is a show of gratitude for everyone that posts photos. Whether they're of meets or the subs or the castle under a cloudy sky, I don't care - it's Disneyland, and I miss it.

I am actually finding the continuing series of sub photographs especially fascinating - I never went to Disneyland as a kid, so I never got to go on the original ride, and have no particular attachment to it one way or the other, but it's amazing to get the chance to watch a (kinda) new ride develop literally before your eyes, when you're two states away. I am also enjoying reading about the new developments on HM - I seem to be cursed, because I've never been able to go on the original! Every single time I've been, it's either already been turned into the NBX overlay or it's closed because they're still putting the overlay up. September/October are pretty much the only times of the year I get to go, so at this rate I may never see it for myself!

I rarely post on the board, so probably few of you even recognize my name, but let me tell you - I read it literally every single day. I get online, I check my two email accounts, I check the news on the BBC, and I check the Micechat forums. It's very strange to be so familiar with a group of people you've never met, to get a sense of how often certain people go to the park, who's an AP and who isn't, who prefers which version of what ride - and yet to have never met any of these people in real life. I don't hide my Disneyland fixation from people, but I'm not particularly vocal about it either, and I don't know anyone in person that shares it, so it's freakin' awesome to be a part of this community, even if I'm just hanging out on the fringes all the time. Thank you.

Re: Thanks to everyone for the photos!

Hear, Hear! I too only get to DL once a year. The pictures are invaluable. A million thanks!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Originally posted by skycrashesdown
      As someone who makes it to Disneyland once a year, if she's lucky, I wanted to thank DarkBeer, CrazyLegs, and everyone else who posts photos. I know there was a DB appreciation thread recently, but this is a show of gratitude for everyone that posts photos. Whether they're of meets or the subs or the castle under a cloudy sky, I don't care - it's Disneyland, and I miss it.

I am actually finding the continuing series of sub photographs especially fascinating - I never went to Disneyland as a kid, so I never got to go on the original ride, and have no particular attachment to it one way or the other, but it's amazing to get the chance to watch a (kinda) new ride develop literally before your eyes, when you're two states away. I am also enjoying reading about the new developments on HM - I seem to be cursed, because I've never been able to go on the original! Every single time I've been, it's either already been turned into the NBX overlay or it's closed because they're still putting the overlay up. September/October are pretty much the only times of the year I get to go, so at this rate I may never see it for myself!

I rarely post on the board, so probably few of you even recognize my name, but let me tell you - I read it literally every single day. I get online, I check my two email accounts, I check the news on the BBC, and I check the Micechat forums. It's very strange to be so familiar with a group of people you've never met, to get a sense of how often certain people go to the park, who's an AP and who isn't, who prefers which version of what ride - and yet to have never met any of these people in real life. I don't hide my Disneyland fixation from people, but I'm not particularly vocal about it either, and I don't know anyone in person that shares it, so it's freakin' awesome to be a part of this community, even if I'm just hanging out on the fringes all the time. Thank you.
      Hey good to see you!! ( did you read my trip report and see my pictures ) I hope you come back and now post more often !!! Have a wonderful day

Comment

Skycrash - as a sometimes picture-poster myself, I am very glad to know that there are people out there that enjoy seeing them. My most recent photo thread also had to do with Karla's visit earlier this month...hope you got to see that one also...of course, when you talk about Darkbeer and CrazyLegs, among others, you are talking about the major leagues of MiceChat pic-posters?

BTW...to you, Skycrash, or any others - do you prefer photos that are included in the post, or a post with links to the photos (which I presume takes less time for folks at dialup speeds to download pages?)

Barry
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

yeah, i'd like to thank evry1 also for having the patience to stand in the monorail line for sub lagoon glances =)

Comment

What a lovely sentiment!

As someone else who can't get to Disneyland as often as he'd like - being several countries and an ocean apart from LA - I always appreciate looking at other people's photos and living through their experiences vicariously.

So I heartily second that emotion. Well done, regular photo-poster and skycrashesdown for taking the time to give them the kudos they deserve.
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

I agree with this post 100%. I can't wait till I get my AP and a car. I'll seriously be there on my days off, taking pictures!
              Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Ooooh, yes, thank you all very much! I live in Missouri so I don't get to Disneyland as much as I'd like and these photos are an excellent way to make the between-visits less painful!

Comment

What a great post. I too visit everyday and just started posting myself. I love all of the pictures and trip reports. Everyone here is so nice and friendly. A Happy Place to escape to when you can't get to the park. Keep it up everyone.
                  Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

Comment

Wow what a thread Thanks from Crazy Legs...

I take photos to share the park with all of you. I hope you enjoy the photos I take. I try and show different parts of the parks.

On my rep. I get rep most rep from my photo threads.Thanks

:crazylegs
                    :crazylegs

Comment

i'd ALSO like to offer a HUGE thank you. checking micechat has become a part of my daily schedule, even on my most busy days. It is something that i just NEED to do. as a high school junior (HELL YEAR), micechat offers me a way to escape all the pressure and EXTREME stress that I feel all the time. It helps me be at the park when I'm not. I love this online community. CHEERS!
                      Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
                      [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X