Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st use of Disneyland Park in Disney Animated Film(meets the Robinson's)-Merged-

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st use of Disneyland Park in Disney Animated Film(meets the Robinson's)-Merged-

Just thought this was funny so I thought I'd post it. If you watch the trailer for Meet the Robinsons at the Walt Disney Pictures website, you will see a scene that has Tomorrowland in it but since the movie takes place in the future, it is called Todayland.

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/index.html
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: 1st use of Disneyland Park in Disney Animated Film

I know, when I saw the trailer I was like "hey that's space mountain."

Comment

You know... I think I'm actually looking forward to seeing this one.
      -Tim

Comment

BTW... technically, it's not the first use of the park in a Disney animated film. Lady & The Tramp II might take that since the main street of the town was DL's Main Street.
        -Tim

Comment

Todayland, )
          Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

cool!

Comment

And if you look, it's the Rocket Jets!

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
                BTW... technically, it's not the first use of the park in a Disney animated film. Lady & The Tramp II might take that since the main street of the town was DL's Main Street.
                And before then, during Max & Goofys trip to the Powerline concert in Goofy Movie, they visit a Mime in New Orleans Square .

Comment

That's brilliant. Nice to see Disney making a few self-referential nods to their other properties.
                  I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

I never saw the film, but didn't the people behind Brother Bear have to spend a ton of money to redo a bunch of scenes to include DCA's Grizzly Peak in the background?

Comment

In case you all hadn't heard, but John Lassiter is not at all happy with this movie and it's being pushed way back so he can have them redo a great part of the movie. He would prefer to cancel it, but it's too far along for that. But he does not like the entire second half of this movie at all and wants to change a lot of stuff.
                      Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Don't forget that Hercules has two Disneyland references

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy
                          In case you all hadn't heard, but John Lassiter is not at all happy with this movie and it's being pushed way back so he can have them redo a great part of the movie. He would prefer to cancel it, but it's too far along for that. But he does not like the entire second half of this movie at all and wants to change a lot of stuff.
                          Thank god, because from the trailer the movie looks visually along the same lines as Chicken Little... and with the same sense of humor.

(To be fair, however, Pixar trailers are always terrible too even though the movies are great.)

Oh I miss the Rocket Jets!!! LOL
                          I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                          sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Boy
                            I have definitely heard that John and the new leadership want to rework the 2nd half, but I never heard anything about him disliking the film so much as to cancel the whole thing.
                            most of the talk on the film has been pretty postive, except for the 2nd half needing work.
                            its definitely a good thing that John is overseeing the film to make it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog
                              (To be fair, however, Pixar trailers are always terrible too even though the movies are great.)
                              :ot: Cars is a great example. The three or four trailers I've seen for this can't seem to decide on what angle to sell the movie: buddy movie; action movie; fish out of water movie. All of which are Pixar standards, none of which interest me. However, chances are I will end up enjoying Cars just the same.

Indeed, almost all Disney trailers weren't very appealing to me of late. Chicken Little trailers really turned me off, but I wound up loving the film. :ot:

This particular trailer looks fun, but I may be blinded by the Disneyland references.
                              I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X