Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone who has seen the POTC opening, on the ship...is it just me or do one of the ladies look like Monica Lewinsky? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro825
      Yeah, I noticed that as well. Does anyone know the story behind that?
      The entrance used to be simply sloped up to the front doors. Many years later, they built the bridge and new que area.

Comment

Zorro: you're recalling "Disneyland Showtime", aired in 1970. The female singer was E.J. Peaker, who had a very brief career being blonde in the late sixties, and then later being a frightened mother in several b-grade horror flicks.

The show that introduced the POTC was "From the Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow" in 1967. It shows the pirates taking over the Columbia, looting and pilaging, and then storming the entrance to POTC. And you're right, it was entirely flat at the time; no slope at all. They added the ramp and all that later to fix problems with the way the queue tended to make it difficult for people to walk through the area.
        "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Comment

Originally posted by NWRREngineer
          Zorro: you're recalling "Disneyland Showtime", aired in 1970. The female singer was E.J. Peaker, who had a very brief career being blonde in the late sixties, and then later being a frightened mother in several b-grade horror flicks.

The show that introduced the POTC was "From the Pirates of the Caribbean to the World of Tomorrow" in 1967. It shows the pirates taking over the Columbia, looting and pilaging, and then storming the entrance to POTC. And you're right, it was entirely flat at the time; no slope at all. They added the ramp and all that later to fix problems with the way the queue tended to make it difficult for people to walk through the area.

Thanx for the info. I knew her name started with E.J. or P.J. And she shows off some of her acting chops in that show too. Her exagerrated fright while on the Haunted Mansion is unintentionally hilarious.
          Out of the NIGHT....
          When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
          Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
          ---------------------------------------

Comment

When they opened the new Alice in Wonderland in 1984, they put on a live show to go with the opening ceremony including musical numbers. There was live music (played by live musicians) and a whole bunch of characters. I remember there were a bunch of marching cards which ended up spread out all over in front of the attraction, it looked great. Kathryn Beaumont (Alice's original voice) made an appearance, and a balloon sculpture went up--red and white balloons in the shape of a heart with the word "Alice" in the middle. It was really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmico!
              grand openings need to be grander, imo. that's what i miss about the old disney channel- they would televise those great grand opening parties as well as all the old promotions for the park.
              If you ask me, this is one of the reasons why attendance has been down at the parks... It isn't all terrorism and war time fears...
              Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix
                When they opened the new Alice in Wonderland in 1984, they put on a live show to go with the opening ceremony including musical numbers. There was live music (played by live musicians) and a whole bunch of characters. I remember there were a bunch of marching cards which ended up spread out all over in front of the attraction, it looked great. Kathryn Beaumont (Alice's original voice) made an appearance, and a balloon sculpture went up--red and white balloons in the shape of a heart with the word "Alice" in the middle. It was really nice.

Sounds pretty cool. I wonder if any of the other Fantasyland attractions received this much attention when Fantasyland re-opened?

And for those of you are are talking about The Wonderful World of Disney's episode about The Haunted Mansion and The Osmond Brothers, you can get a copy of the dvd here - http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/

Comment

Does anyone remember what they did for Indy back in '95? I remember getting handed one of those translator cards... and watching a million specials on the Disney Channel, lol.
                  Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

if u have the potc dvd they have the opening of the ride as a special feature
                    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
                    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X