This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsanto's House ..or Home.. Of the Future

Disney recently released some new merch for the 50th, two pieces based on Monsanto's House of the Future.

Now, I've always always known this plastic home to be called The House of the Future. But now, it's all of a sudden called the Home of the Future.

Why the sudden name change? Why the confusion? Did the people over at Walt Disney Collectibles get the name wrong? Or was it changed for a reason?

These pins, released in 2002 and 2005, respectively, both call the plastic attraction "House of the Future"

Yet, in 2006, Walt Disney Collectibles changes it to "Home of the Future," however DisneyShopping.com still calls it "House of the Future," as they sell it to the (limited edition) masses.

[Photo by TicTocDragon]

So what's the deal? Why the name change? Does anybody even care? Does it even matter at all?

Probably not, but it's been bugging me since the new collectibles were released.

What do you think?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: Monsanto's House ..or Home.. Of the Future

Walt Disney Collectibles got it wrong.

And man, would I LOVE to have that model house!!

Comment

the house is gone but the foundation still there at Disneyland.

What I hear that took a week to cut up the house.
      AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
      Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
      Older photo
      New Photo

Member of
      MiceChat WDW Trip
      Next trip
      2014 Dec, 31

Comment

And the reason that they had to chop it up was because wrecking balls just bounced off the thing.
        M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
        sigpic
        Flickr

Comment

Very curious...

I have a Disneyland souvenir guide copyrighted in 1962 (MCMLXII=1962, right?) and it is referred to as "Monsanto Home of the Future" there.

Comment

Disney called it one thing - Monsanto called another. No big.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Originally posted by ron10036
              Very curious...

I have a Disneyland souvenir guide copyrighted in 1962 (MCMLXII=1962, right?) and it is referred to as "Monsanto Home of the Future" there.
              Hmm.. interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey
                Hmm.. interesting.
                Yes it is... and the plot thickens. On page 96 of "Disneyland Then, Now, and Forever" there is a photo that shows the sign for the house which clearly calls it "Monsanto House of the Future."

I'm gonna go with the photographic evidence, but perhaps it was called "Home of the Future" first and then changed to "House of the Future"?

Hmmmm....

Comment

Don't forget the other name of this place... Monsanto's House of Plastics. Think that was only used in the narration, though.
                  -Tim

Comment

Wish I'd been around to have Seen that thing! It sounds like it was quite stylish.
                    House or Home, do names Really matter?

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Momzilla59
                      House or Home, do names Really matter?
                      According to a mid-60's movie, and the song from whence it came, they do..."A House Is Not A Home"...
                      But I'm sure that the Monsanto folks would just call it..."Better living, through chemistry".... !!

--Barry
                      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I was always under the impression that it was called the House of the Future. In fact I have an old recording of the narration for the house/home, and it calls it the HouseotF.

Edit: Wait, I just listened to it and it does call it "Monsanto's Plastics Home of the Future!" But the title of the recording is "HouseotF." Wow that's confusing!

And it does bug me Andy, but little things tend to

Comment

I noticed this as well, but wasnt sure if it was worthy of talking about.( Obviously it is. ) Well Im wondering if it is the Master Replicas company, that makes the product. I've seen all kinds of different versions on the net when looking this up.

:ot:
                          BTW, Master Replicas did a really poor job on this model or figurine. It had glue and paint unfinished & splotch of paint on top, and a huge crack on one of the large entensions.
                          So I sent it back, new one on the way though. I was really surprised at this. Usually Master Replicas takes great care. It was packed well, which Disney Shopping has greatly improved upon, so not sure how this one slipped by the Quality assurance folks.
                          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon
                            I noticed this as well, but wasnt sure if it was worthy of talking about.( Obviously it is. ) Well Im wondering if it is the Master Replicas company, that makes the product. I've seen all kinds of different versions on the net when looking this up.

:ot:
                            BTW, Master Replicas did a really poor job on this model or figurine. It had glue and paint unfinished & splotch of paint on top, and a huge crack on one of the large entensions.
                            So I sent it back, new one on the way though. I was really surprised at this. Usually Master Replicas takes great care. It was packed well, which Disney Shopping has greatly improved upon, so not sure how this one slipped by the Quality assurance folks.

Sorry to hear about the problem with your figure.

I don't think the mis-naming is Master Replica's fault though. If I understand correctly Walt Disney Collectibles designed this piece, and Master Replicas just manufactured them, right? I would assume Walt Disney Collectibles would design the packaging as well, or if not at least provide the proper logos and whatnot for the people putting together the packaging and printing the logo and LE info on the bottom of the product. Hmm.. who knows though.

Comment

Thanks MG.:blush:
                              You know, I'm not usually not picky at all with the collectibles I purchase but I thought they could have done more with it.

You know,you are probably right. It just seems that some miscommunication went on. But again, who knows.:unsure:
                              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X