Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Fantasyland Pre-1983 Photos...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasyland Pre-1983 Photos...

Does anybody have or know where I can find pictures of the Fantasyland dark rides before the big rehab in the 80s? I vaguely remember what they look like outside and completely forgotten what they used to look like on the inside before things changed.
    sigpic"Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

Re: Fantasyland Pre-1983 Photos...

I don't recall any major changes to the inside of the dark rides, other than the whole new Pinocchio ride in the old fantasyland theater building. I seem to recall them adding optic fiber water drips to snow white at some point later and also changing the apple to a mirror reflection to stop guests from taking the apple and falling into a deep sleep.

http://www.yesterland.com/fltheater.html

Comment

alice in wonderland got a big change. snow white got a big change. mr. toad's might've? or maybe not that was prolly just wdw.

Comment

The interiors of those rides were all heavily updated in 83-84. The originals had more painted flats, few dimensional figures and fewer setpieces.

Snow White: The scenes in the cottage and with the Queen pre-transformation were added to the scenario. Everything else was improved. The entire ride and showbuilding on that side was rebuilt along with the addition of Pinocchio.

Peter Pan: The original London and Neverland and Skull Rock scenes were improved and the pirate fight and finale were added (in the space that was the original Mad Hatter). Sadly the Tinkerbell that buzzed around over London and Neverland was taken away).

Mr. Toad: Improved throughout (but the least of the lot, since there are still many flats) - the village scene was added. Heater added to Hell.

Alice: Biggest improvements (it opened a year later). The ride was expanded to include the vehicle storage room (where the Mad Tea Party is now). The Queen sequence was not in the orginal version. The original also had an Upside-Down Room and a giant tea party where you were on the table amongst the pots.

Comment

Yeah Alice was really redone. While it is cool to get new scenes, I could imagine if I was someone who had grown up on the original, I know I'd end up missing those cut scenes.

I am so fascinated by the Disneyland Holographic Apple too. As far as I know we in WDW still have our apple (which I've heard CMs tell me not to steal...confused the hell out of my mother). Anyone have a photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Lore
            I don't recall any major changes to the inside of the dark rides, other than the whole new Pinocchio ride in the old fantasyland theater building. I seem to recall them adding optic fiber water drips to snow white at some point later and also changing the apple to a mirror reflection to stop guests from taking the apple and falling into a deep sleep.

http://www.yesterland.com/fltheater.html
            I remember the apple- it was a big thing to try to get the apple

Comment

This blog of Old Disneyland photos has a bunch taken of old Fantasyland. Not too many photos of the interiors, however.

http://matterhorn1959.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones
                Alice: Biggest improvements (it opened a year later). The ride was expanded to include the vehicle storage room (where the Mad Tea Party is now). The Queen sequence was not in the orginal version. The original also had an Upside-Down Room and a giant tea party where you were on the table amongst the pots.
                Wasn't the end scene where the cake blows up also added? I seem to remember the ride ending after coming down the leafs
                VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

I have a couple of slides that I scanned from 1977.
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/2613287...7594094733410/

It is the Chicken of the Sea and Skull Rock. There is also a poor quality one of the Castle at dusk.
                  "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
                  I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

Originally posted by Yendorb
                    Wasn't the end scene where the cake blows up also added? I seem to remember the ride ending after coming down the leafs

Yes, that was new for the New Fantasyland. Also the croquet scene, with the film image of that little critter be flown through the air was new. Also in the original Alice, there was no talking door knob or a Tweedle Dee or Dum. I remember the huge teapots that you passed on the table, along with the oversized Mad Hatter and rabbit. Also in the old ride, there were no cards painting the roses red.

I still have a audio recording of these original rides, I know for sure , Alice, from 1976.

Comment

I find it interesting that the Fantasyland in the MK at WDW is still in the old style. I wonder if they too will change the facades into something more elaborate....of course those facades are much bigger so I don't think it would be very wise choice as it would cost a pretty penny.
                      sigpic"Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

Comment

Psst! Ragrobyn, this picture needs to be flipped horizontally. Love the photos!
                        Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

Comment

That's what wrong with it! Well, that and a crappy picture all together. Gotta love the digital age. Everyone is a genuis with digital!
                          "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
                          I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Comment

I was born in '81 and have no memory of old FL at all. What I do remember was that at around age 4, there was a Pinnochio ride that I didn't think was there before. I remember Alice having a long line for a couple summers.

Comment

I've also been wondering something...I heard info somewhere about the old Tulgey Wood scene in the pre-1983 Alice In Wonderland ride...that they showed the Jabberwocky's burning eyes in one part. Anyone know if this was true?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X