This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrowland paint job!

So what do you think of the paint job that's being phased into TL right now? (If you haven't seen the pictures yet, there are a couple on Al's update today here.)

I think it looks really fresh, clean (well, duh, it's new. ), but I think it's more inviting and not as WTF as TL 1998. It also gives a nod to old TL before 1998, since its basis is in white.

Overall, I love it.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

It's a much better color scheme than the rust and mildew one they were using previously. Even the logo is moer attractive. I"m very excited to see the complete repaint. Once it's complete Tomorrowland will once again gleam, representing a bright, shimmering, optimistic future. But until then, Tomorrowland is looking a bit schizophrenic.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

Comment

I really like that they kept the gold trims. as if combining teh two themes into what they SHOULD have done in 98.

Comment

Originally posted by yensid98
        Once it's complete Tomorrowland will once again gleam, representing a bright, shimmering, optimistic future. But until then, Tomorrowland is looking a bit schizophrenic.
        It'll be done by the actual 50th, right? I'm going that day, and it'll be nice to ride Space Mountain with TL looking awesome.

And yes, it does represent an optimistic future, not the future that could have been in terms of 1940s America (that's what it was supposed to look like, right? All Metropolis and such.)
        Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

It's looking good, but all of the gold and bronze needs to go - - silver and chrome is king.

Comment

Originally posted by robotpirates
            It'll be done by the actual 50th, right? I'm going that day, and it'll be nice to ride Space Mountain with TL looking awesome.

And yes, it does represent an optimistic future, not the future that could have been in terms of 1940s America (that's what it was supposed to look like, right? All Metropolis and such.)
            1940s america? Try 1900s London...and im not kidding.

Comment

I would leave some gold around and mesh it with silver & blue. It would look good. Gold looks GREAT in TL, just not rust or bronze colors.

Comment

I love the new paint. Brings back great memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                  Try 1900s London...and im not kidding.
                  Steampunk Victorian-esque, you mean?

...I'm a nerd.

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

The new paintjob makes me drool...in a good way.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                    Follow us on Twitter
                    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

I like the new paint, I just hope the blue dosn't look so powdery when it's done.
                      Other places you can find me:

Digg
                      Steam

Comment

Originally posted by robotpirates
                        Steampunk Victorian-esque, you mean?
                        bingo

Comment

Tomorrowland Paint Scheme

Ok, so we can all agree that the return of whites, blues, and silvers is a welcome thing to the Tomorrowland area. But is it just me, or is that 'hint of gold' that they are leaving in just a reminder of the Tomorrowland 98' DOWNGRADE? Shouldnt they just get rid of ALL THE GOLD, since white and blue dont go with Gold at all?

Comment

According to an old Al update, some of that gold just won't go away with cans of paint, so they're trying to work around it.

I like it, myself. It's a bit of a fusion of both, and no, going back to entirely the way it was pre-98 is not the answer, since Tomorrowland was becoming Outdatedland in those stark solid colors.

Comment

Gold can go with blue and white, you just have to have the right shade...

I personally kind of like it right now (with the blue and white and the accents of the funky gold). It's more futuristic in a retro way

Comment

As Disneyland celebrates its 50th anniversary, they're adding gold to almost everything in the park. I suspect that as they obliterate the hideous brown/purple color scheme in Tomorrowland and return to the brighter blue,silver and white, they're leaving a bit of the gold for the celebration. It will probably disappear eventually. I really don't think the gold blends all that well with the new theme.

If it's a budgetary concern...I will personally pay for whatever paint they need to cover the gold in exchange for an absolute promise that the Rocket Jets will return to their correct overhead position and I get the first ride. :lol:
                                "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                                -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I think it works fine...adds some contrast which is good. It is simply impossible to remove the gold in time for the 50th.
                                  -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                                  I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

I think it's nice, too. Plus, gold = 50th.

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Originally posted by MegarooFifi
                                      Gold can go with blue and white, you just have to have the right shade...

I personally kind of like it right now (with the blue and white and the accents of the funky gold). It's more futuristic in a retro way

Agreed. I think the gold (as a small accent), blue and white can go together, the blue is a bit too blue and could have been more successful as more toward a cool silver. The fact that they are painting faux rockwork the blue color makes it look like more spraypaint. I think the paint is another bandaid and there still is no big idea behind Tomorrowland.

In any event, I'm thrilled so see Space Mountain has returned to optimism white, from it's patina "Captain Nemo" phase.
                                      "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
                                        According to an old Al update, some of that gold just won't go away with cans of paint, so they're trying to work around it.
                                        Hence the creamy-colored right spire.
                                        You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X