• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s8ntmark
    replied
    Originally posted by robotpirates
    Steampunk Victorian-esque, you mean?

...I'm a nerd.
    I LOVE Steam Punk Victorian-esque!...except this was a half baked attempt at it. Basically it was just classic TL painted bronze and gold :/ And Space Mountain looked cool with its oxydation...and some of the metal and rust around the land was kinda cool too...but it wasnt any DLP Space Mountain or Journey to the Center of the Earth, or 20,000 Leagues and thats what it needed to be...it looked cheap and felt cheap because all it was was a paint job....its too bad.

I like the new paint job though, it takes classic TL and freshens it up without making it seem dated in a 60s and 70s retro way....but lets see how long that lasts

Leave a comment:

• robotpirates
    replied
    haha... my thread lives because of duplicity!

Leave a comment:

• Malibu Minion
    replied
    Originally posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Ok, so we can all agree that the return of whites, blues, and silvers is a welcome thing to the Tomorrowland area. But is it just me, or is that 'hint of gold' that they are leaving in just a reminder of the Tomorrowland 98' DOWNGRADE? Shouldnt they just get rid of ALL THE GOLD, since white and blue dont go with Gold at all?

mp3piratesavvy- I merged you're thread "Tomorrowland paint Scheme" with "Tomorrowland Paint Job" that was started last Tuesday.

Please try not to Post duplicate threads, there is a search button and multiple pages in each forum.

Thank you- Malibu Minion

Leave a comment:

• pyrateslife4me84
    replied
    Originally posted by jmuboy
    I like the blues, but agree the blue ROCK walls are a little weird. Oh well, in the future there are blue rocks appearantly.
    who's to say there won't be? I like the the abstract looking future they show now.

Leave a comment:

• jmuboy
    replied
    I like the blues, but agree the blue ROCK walls are a little weird. Oh well, in the future there are blue rocks appearantly.

Leave a comment:

• FloggingMorgy
    replied
    Originally posted by MickeyMania
    According to an old Al update, some of that gold just won't go away with cans of paint, so they're trying to work around it.
    Hence the creamy-colored right spire.

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Orville
    replied
    Originally posted by MegarooFifi
    Gold can go with blue and white, you just have to have the right shade...

I personally kind of like it right now (with the blue and white and the accents of the funky gold). It's more futuristic in a retro way

Agreed. I think the gold (as a small accent), blue and white can go together, the blue is a bit too blue and could have been more successful as more toward a cool silver. The fact that they are painting faux rockwork the blue color makes it look like more spraypaint. I think the paint is another bandaid and there still is no big idea behind Tomorrowland.

In any event, I'm thrilled so see Space Mountain has returned to optimism white, from it's patina "Captain Nemo" phase.

Leave a comment:

• robotpirates
    replied
    I think it's nice, too. Plus, gold = 50th.

Leave a comment:

• pyrateslife4me84
    replied
    I think it works fine...adds some contrast which is good. It is simply impossible to remove the gold in time for the 50th.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied
    As Disneyland celebrates its 50th anniversary, they're adding gold to almost everything in the park. I suspect that as they obliterate the hideous brown/purple color scheme in Tomorrowland and return to the brighter blue,silver and white, they're leaving a bit of the gold for the celebration. It will probably disappear eventually. I really don't think the gold blends all that well with the new theme.

If it's a budgetary concern...I will personally pay for whatever paint they need to cover the gold in exchange for an absolute promise that the Rocket Jets will return to their correct overhead position and I get the first ride. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• MegarooFifi
    replied
    Gold can go with blue and white, you just have to have the right shade...

I personally kind of like it right now (with the blue and white and the accents of the funky gold). It's more futuristic in a retro way

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied
    According to an old Al update, some of that gold just won't go away with cans of paint, so they're trying to work around it.

I like it, myself. It's a bit of a fusion of both, and no, going back to entirely the way it was pre-98 is not the answer, since Tomorrowland was becoming Outdatedland in those stark solid colors.

Leave a comment:

• mp3piratesavvy
    replied
    Tomorrowland Paint Scheme

Ok, so we can all agree that the return of whites, blues, and silvers is a welcome thing to the Tomorrowland area. But is it just me, or is that 'hint of gold' that they are leaving in just a reminder of the Tomorrowland 98' DOWNGRADE? Shouldnt they just get rid of ALL THE GOLD, since white and blue dont go with Gold at all?

Leave a comment:

• Ghostbuster626
    replied
    bingo

Leave a comment:

• J Thaddeus Toad Esq
    replied
    I like the new paint, I just hope the blue dosn't look so powdery when it's done.

Leave a comment:

• Pizzapants
    replied
    The new paintjob makes me drool...in a good way.

Leave a comment:

• robotpirates
    replied
    Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
    Try 1900s London...and im not kidding.

...I'm a nerd.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMan
    replied
    I love the new paint. Brings back great memories.

Leave a comment:

• Kevie
    replied
    I would leave some gold around and mesh it with silver & blue. It would look good. Gold looks GREAT in TL, just not rust or bronze colors.

Leave a comment:

• Ghostbuster626
    replied
    It'll be done by the actual 50th, right? I'm going that day, and it'll be nice to ride Space Mountain with TL looking awesome.

And yes, it does represent an optimistic future, not the future that could have been in terms of 1940s America (that's what it was supposed to look like, right? All Metropolis and such.)
    1940s america? Try 1900s London...and im not kidding.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X