This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fantasmic" Question

I've never seen "Fantasmic". I've tried to see it, but the crowds are just horrible. I read in one guidebook that people start lining up 4 hours early for certain shows!

I usually give up trying to see over everyone's heads and go ride something with little or no wait. But I keep hearing that Fantasmic is a "must see". Any tips on how or where to go to get a good seat?

I know some of you will mention the Balcony Dessert Buffet, which I just found out about - is the price worth it?

Re: "Fantasmic" Question

I think so. Those are some pretty good seats. Although, it's a whole different experience to see it up close and in the center.
    If battling crowds is a challenge, then the Balcony is the best way to go.

Comment

The best/easiest way to get a good seat is to go on a really busy day; in that case DL will put on an additional 3rd showing which will usually be pretty late and the audience will be reasonable. Even on a regular day, catch the later showing; it almost always has lighter crowds than the first show. (If there are two shows that day).

Comment

The worst time to watch is the first showing, if they're only doing two shows, try the second one @ 10:30PM which is convienetly(spelling I know!) after the fireworks. There is a lot less people watching in the later showing.
        http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
        www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
        http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment626
          ... if they're only doing two shows, try the second one @ 10:30PM which is conveniently after the fireworks.
          That's a good call. I guess I'll just try to fight my way to a place where the show can be seen. I don't know how people see over 15 rows of heads!

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto
            That's a good call. I guess I'll just try to fight my way to a place where the show can be seen. I don't know how people see over 15 rows of heads!
            The fireworks are about 17 minutes long and that would mean it would end around 9:45pm...gives you another 45 minutes to find a good spot for Fantasmic.

Last time I saw Fantasmic, I was hiding behind this brick fence thing...they instructed everyone around the area to SIT but I was like, what the heck...the only thing that is actually blocking people from my body was my head. I'm only 5'5 and those things were pretty tall. I stayed standing and no one complained.
            http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
            www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
            http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment626
              I stayed standing and no one complained.
              Troublemaker!!

626 is right, Fireworks first! Stand or sit somewhere near the frontierland entrance (in the designated areas, if you are on the bridge they'll kick you out). When the fireworks are over, race into Fronteirland. They will hold you near Big Thunder while the Rivers of America crowds are exiting. Eventually, they'll let you go, and you can go over to the seating areas! Custodial may keep you out for a minute while they clean the areas, though.
              Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

I have never had a problem watching the fireworks then heading to the rivers of america to watch F! you shouldnt have a problem. when I went last sunday there was very little crowd.
                The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

i always watch it directly after Fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto
                    It is possible. This is about 200 rows of heads, and you can still make out the castle and characters on the ledge:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=94762126&size=l
                    2007 Photos:
                    http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                    More 2007 Photos:
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                    2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                    http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                    2006 Photos:
                    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

One: is see it the second show.

If you have no time for the second show then you can goto about 45 min to the center Light tower most people do not know that the tower go up after two Disney castmember get on.
                      you what to be the right side of the pole. up to the fend. you will have to stand room only.

the desk in front of you will the control of the firework and where the Stage manger sits.
                      AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                      Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                      Older photo
                      New Photo

Member of
                      MiceChat WDW Trip
                      Next trip
                      2014 Dec, 31

Comment

As everyone before has said, don't go to the first show, got to the second or third if they have one. What I personally like to do is to get onto the train about the time Fantasmic is about over and then get off at New Orleans Square station and then work your way down to the river.
                        Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Is Fantasmic the same at DL as at MGM? My husband and I saw it at MGM and thought it was okay but not something we'd care about seeing again, but when we visit DL we don't want to miss anything important. Is it worth doing the balcony thing? (We won't camp out for it ahead of time, it's just not our style.) Is there any reserved seating for fireworks? I think I'd rather pay to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyamber
                            Is Fantasmic the same at DL as at MGM? My husband and I saw it at MGM and thought it was okay but not something we'd care about seeing again, but when we visit DL we don't want to miss anything important. Is it worth doing the balcony thing? (We won't camp out for it ahead of time, it's just not our style.) Is there any reserved seating for fireworks? I think I'd rather pay to see that.
                            The Fantasmic at DL is worth camping out for, and much more impressive (in my opinion, and I've seen both). If you refuse to camp out, then you best be seeing the second show, or doing the balcony thing, because there's no special seating for fireworks (and that's where your, "We won't camp out...it's just not our style" attitude is going to have to fold, lest you watch the fireworks from somewhere other then the hub, which is a huge mistake if you've never seen them before).

Comment

Originally posted by luckyamber
                              I have see both and can say NO
                              let see if my member is working WDW open with the animal, then Poccahontas

Disneyland is Jungle book and Peter Pan

Yes the river side or the balcony is worth doing.

Their is no Reserved seating for the Fireworks that I know of.
                              Last edited by akfandisney; 04-28-2006, 05:57 PM.
                              AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                              Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                              Older photo
                              New Photo

Member of
                              MiceChat WDW Trip
                              Next trip
                              2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse