This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Small World Light Towers?

So... Isn't it time to remove those ugly Small World Way Light Magic light towers that spoil the view? I mean, keep the nicer SW style kiosks below, but the lighting trees really aren't needed, at least not so many of them. and easy/cheap to take out. Why not???

I would presume cause TDA might want to use them for a future show or parade of some kind.
    Personally I would just remove them as you suggested.

Comment

Yeah doesnt make any since to keep them, they havent been used in forever.

Comment

they are probably thinking... We won't remove something from a failed thing.... we will keep it and who knows when we may need ita gain in the future... (Think Motorboat cruse area(DL).. & 20,000 lagoon(WDW... Though finally gone...)....

Comment

Or maybe they want to leave them as a reminder of the Pressler era so that nobody may forget this Light Tragic time in Disneyland history.

Comment

Personally I think it would be a waste of money to remove something that isn't causing a problem, isn't disturbing the theme, isn't (IMO) ugly or distracting, and that COULD potentially be used in the future.
            Joey AKA "dlfreak"
            www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
            If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
            Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

Light Magic has been gone since...1997

So they need to rip out those towers.

dlfreak, I understand your POV, but they don't use them AT ALL. And it's been 8 years.

Comment

None the less why spend money on removing something (that has just been painted, btw) that isn't distracting, in the way or a nuissance to guests or facilities... more money can be poured into painting more incredible murals like the one just unveiled on the Buzz attraction
                http://www.miboards.com/forums/showt...&page=19&pp=25

If anything the towers help to tranistion into Small World
                Last edited by dlfreak; 04-05-2005, 07:04 PM.
                Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                www.mouseinfo.com

If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Comment

Well, they still do use them for the Christmas parade.....

Comment

They may very well likely be featured in PODs too what with its show stops and all
                    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                    www.mouseinfo.com

Comment

They are ugly and need to go. No parade needs that many lights.

Comment

(Duh) I always wondered what that Tower stage was. It really has no purpose other then character greetings that I have seen twice.
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I think they are being used for the Parade of Dreams show stops.

Comment

They could probablly remove some of them. There are way too many. That platform with those towers was supposed to be used as a Light Magic viewing area. Al mentioned a 50th Anniversary hangover today, well this is the Light Magic hangover that has unfortunatly stuck around for 10 years. Hey, at least they painted those three fiber optic towers.:botox:

Comment

I don't mind the big boxy towers....the ones that just got painted. The skinny light towers, well, I think every other one on each side could probably be removed. I believe the lights and equipment are still used. However I don't think we need as many as are currently installed along the parade route.
                              WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

I still think "what's needed" is proper allocation of money to more useful productive means like retheming the Tomorrowland Terrace. No, I don't mean Club Buzz Stage... I mean Tomorrowland Terrace
                                Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                                www.mouseinfo.com

Comment

Of course, watch during a parade that happens at night, or early evening, and the lights are always on. They don't really distract for me, actually, some of them are on during the night to color the walkways. The walkway between Matterhorn and the Castle is lit by them a lot.

Comment

Okay, this light magic thing, what was so wrong with it?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                                    ~

Comment

The Small World lighting towers are needed for the parades-- especially during the winter season when daylight hours are shorter. However, it would have been nice if they were located further to the sides of the parade route-- no reason to obstruct the view as you mentioned.

Now as for those useless box towers that held the Light Magic video projectors-- those should be torn down. True, they do have the speakers located in them, but they could just replace it with the speaker poles they use in Town Square, the Hub, & Matterhorn Way.

Ah, how I miss those old decorative oval-drum shape speakers that they once had...

Comment

I agree with dlfreak. It's about properly spending their limited budget. Besides, who's budget would this come out of? If it's parades/entertainment, I doubt they'll be spending their now limited budgets on something that is so inconsequentially non-cosmetic. Plus we've got a new, big, expensive parade coming.
                                        Walt's Magic Kingdom

AP since 1984

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X