This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monorail Questions

Im going back to Disneyland this summer for the first time since 1996 which was prior to the construction of DCA, downtown disney, and all that new stuff. Anyway I had a couple of questions about the monorail:

1) How many stops does the monorail make now? Is their different tracks like at Disneyworld? If your coming from off property and want to ride the monorail where do you get on? I remember it used to be that you would buy your ticket and get on the monorail at Disneyland hotel and go straight to tommorowland and vice versa so im just wondering how different it is now.

2) Is it true their having major problems with the monorails? I remember hearing rumors last year that they only had two working monorails left and that they only work on some days, is that true? I also heard that they were going to limit monorail use to guests staying at the resort, any truth to that?

Thanks in advance

1. The monorail still makes 2 stops. The former Disneyland hotel stop is now Downtown Disney stop right next to the Rainforest Cafe, which also has a ticket booth by its entrance (however I've heard it isn't always open). There is the one and only 2 mile (i think) journey at Disneyland.

2. Not sure about major troubles...but they are getting old and lots of maintainance to do. Recently I've only seen one or two monorails operating at a time. So far they haven't limited use to Resort Hotel guests only, but when it is busy they only allow one-way-trips and everyone always has to get off at the Tomorrowland station.

Comment

Actually, the monorail makes three stops.

1. Tomorrowland Station

2. Downtown Disney Station next to Rainforest Cafe

3. Inside the Grand Californian Hotel
      "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE

1. Tomorrowland Station

What about the Disneyland Hotel?

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE

1. Tomorrowland Station

Ohhhh...Last time I rode it (maybe a month ago...) it just passes through the Grand Californian...I think you may be confused (or sarcastic). The Downtown Disney stop is near to the Disneyland Hotel and would therefore be used for going there. There are also absolutely no stops in DCA.

Comment

Do you think the downtown disney ticket booth will be open in the mornings of July 15-17th? Im planning to go then and really want to ride the monorail into tommorowland to start the day just like old times .

Comment

That I can't tell...however if you will be staying in an off site hotel, and you use the ART buses to the resort you will be dropped off on the entirely opposite side of the resort from the Downtown Disney monorail. If you have your own car, or want to walk a long way (which you'll be doing at Disneyland anyway) go to the Downtown Disney parking lot side where the Monorail station is. If you end up walking from the transportation center you could buy your passes on the way to the Downtown Disney Monorail stop from the Main Entry Plaza ticket booths, at which point you are right next to the Disneyland Main Entrance anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Club 33
                What about the Disneyland Hotel?
                It used to break my heart when I worked on the Monorail (post-resort expansion) and people would insist to me that what had once been the Disneyland Hotel station had been moved, and I'd assure them that the Monorail was right where it had always been but that everything else had changed. ("And not for the better," I'd think, but never say.)
                Eric Dean

[Countdown=&day=12&month=5&year=2005&hour=12&min=20 &sec=55]Getting off this dead volcano and back to California in:[/countdown]

"Welcome aboard, friends. This is Captain Collins. Now, first let me assure you that TWA has taken every precaution for your safety during this flight. We're proud of our safety record, and aside from a few brief moments of weightlessness, you'll suffer no discomfort in outer space."
                --from Rocket to the Moon

Comment

Originally posted by revol yensid
                  I think you may be confused (or sarcastic).
                  Yep, he must be. It stops at DTD, and TL and that's it. Moving the Monorail for DCA, was quite expensive and was not in the budget, so instead, they built the park and hotel around the monorail system.
                  -Monorail Man

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X