Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

New "Let it Roll" Disneyland Resort Commercials

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "Let it Roll" Disneyland Resort Commercials

During the last week here in SoCal, there is a new commercial featuring the song "Let it Roll".

The visuals seem to be a mix of the prior 50th commercials, you see Mickey, Friends, Stitch, Herbie driving down the road, Chicken Little Break Dancing and Mickey and Friends going thru Monsters, Inc, and other scenes that are the same or similar to parts of previous commercials, with the new soundtrack.

Not sure why the song is being featured.... Seems like they were planning to have RockIt Mountain open (Rock 'n ROLL) when they produced the commercial. But either way, I am not really impressed with this version.

Your thoughts?
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: New "Let it Roll" Disneyland Resort Commercials

Originally posted by Darkbeer
    During the last week here in SoCal, there is a new commercial featuring the song "Let it Roll".

The visuals seem to be a mix of the prior 50th commercials, you see Mickey, Friends, Stitch, Herbie driving down the road, Chicken Little Break Dancing and Mickey and Friends going thru Monsters, Inc, and other scenes that are the same or similar to parts of previous commercials, with the new soundtrack.

Not sure why the song is being featured.... Seems like they were planning to have RockIt Mountain open (Rock 'n ROLL) when they produced the commercial. But either way, I am not really impressed with this version.

Your thoughts?
    I thought it was good. Hey any advertising is good on Disney's part.

I forgot the phrase they mentioned, but I cracked up at it:

I think it went like: Come to the Resort while their still is magic left or something...anybody know what's the phrase is?

The last commercial phrase was: Come celebrate with us.

Comment

I might have seen this one, but I still see the old one with "Walking on Sunshine", and I wasn't exactly bowled over by it, thought is this one online yet?

Comment

Its on Fox a lot I noticed.

Comment

I've seen it...its not bad (better then the walking on sunshine ad). I don't think they need any new footage, it all ties into the 50th theme and there is plenty of existing footage from the many previous 50th ads to mix into this one.

I wonder about the timing of the ad...after spring break, before summer. Maybe an initial push for the summer crowd or to fill the park during the "slow" period (yeah right) between Easter and the start of Summer.
          Milhouse: We gotta spread this stuff around. Let's put it on the internet!
          Bart: No! We have to reach people whose opinions actually matter!
          "The Simpsons" Episode #214

Comment

They have started the "last chance to celebrate" slogan already. There are billboards all around Universal Studios that have Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Chicken Little dancing with gold Mickey Ears and in the corner it says, "Its NOT TOO late to celebrate." There were two other ones with Mickey on them back to back. The things are slapped all around Universal Studios...kind of funny and shows how Universal's advertising pales in comparison to Disney's. I saw the commercial the other day too and it does say something along the lines of those billboards.

Watch for it, the big marketing push for the close of the 50th Anniversary is starting. They even have a little clip on the Disneyland website saying that the 50th isn't going to be around forever. It seems like yesterday the thing just started.

Comment

i was there when they shot the parade of dreams part ... but it seems like they never show where i was sitting when they air the commercials

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer

Your thoughts?
                It's a cheap way to continue the campaign message, similar visuals with different music. The spot features "Let It Roll Down The Highway" version by The Donnas, from the "Herbie Fully Loaded" soundtrack. I believe the original was by B.T.O. The song also fits nicely with the upcoming release, "Cars"...
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I've seen it way too many times already. Just reminds me of Walking On Sunshine commercial ads. I just don't like how Stitch looks in computer animation. He doesn't look cute and funny and cuddly as he does in his movie and in his cartoons and all the millions of types of merchandise available with him on it.
                  http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                  www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                  http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

THis commercial just reminds me of how much I wish they could use the Kingdom Hearts animation if they insist on using computer animation from now to eternity. I like the song, though, much better than the Walking on Sunshine. It does kind of tap into the California motorist subconscience, whether they meant to or not. Californians drive everywhere, why not drive to Disneyland, cuz there's cool stuff going on? My take.
                    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

Originally posted by Small Panda After All
                      THis commercial just reminds me of how much I wish they could use the Kingdom Hearts animation if they insist on using computer animation from now to eternity.
                      That's worse, they look like statues.

PhilharMagic did it right. The HHCOE ads over the past year, however, have not.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X