• Show
Clear All

• Violence at Disneyland

"Indy scare
    "

http://www./parkupdates/dlr/dlr050404.htm

~*~

Eeek.

Monorail Man: Please only quote the article, and do not post full text.

My friend works Indy and was involved in this incident and says she doesn't believe it/

Comment

Trader Sam? I think this fall into the relm of your "Tales of Disney Horror" series. Dont you?

Comment

Worse yet, the case of the pedestrians struck by the car is also a scary incident to consider. Although neither of these is directly Disneyland's fault, it has surely not been a good week for the park. Its been awhile since DL was tied to negative press (BTMRR - 7/8/04, two train collision)
        :captain: double the powder and shorten the fuse?

Comment

Not so sure about this one, it sounds awfully fishy. Especially since excepting for one woman in front of him, everyone was in his party, and the fact that it'd be pretty darn hard to perfectly aim a syringe while the ride's going. o_O;;

Comment

This does seem pretty far-fetched...The vehicles generally aren't close enough together to allow someone to throw anything at another vehicle, and the amount of motion & darkness during the ride would make it near impossible to aim anything. Hopefully the guy was just making up the story...but either way it's a bad situation.
            Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
            WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
            :love:Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006! :love:

Comment

punc.

violence at disneyland is minimal compared to the violence that has occured at magic mountain. remember the TLC , Paperboy concert that was supposed to happen during spring break 1994. A riot broke out and all the shops were looted. there were at least two visitors that were shot and i remember seeing massive stampedes. the saddest thing i ever saw was a little boy with his grandmother saying that he didnt ever want to go to magic mountain again. and next time could they just go to disneyland. i would say the child was about six. it was probably his first visit to magic mountain as well.
              i have also been there when during my exit from the parking lot, i saw a people getting jumped in between cars as the park was closing as everyone was leaving the parking lot. it was 6 against 2 and they all seemed to be gang bangers. this is probably the reason that Magic Mountain has the metal detectors as you enter the park.

Comment

<shudders>

Gang bangers wonder why they can never get ahead in life? Maybe it is because they do this rather than work to improve themselves and their prospects?

Comment

I'm not sure they "wonder" about it. I think they assume their "fate" or whatever has been decided and there is nothing they can do to improve their lot in life .... and sometimes they are not aware thet there is an improvement out there, that there is a choice. It is a completely different world view, full of different values.
                  "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                  - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyren
                    <shudders>

Gang bangers wonder why they can never get ahead in life? Maybe it is because they do this rather than work to improve themselves and their prospects?

Who said anything about "gang bangers"? What makes you think this guy is a "gang banger"? Anyway, if someone DID throw the syringe, find him and have the CIA recruit him.
                    Last edited by Cory Mitchell; 04-06-2005, 10:43 AM.
                    That Guy!

Comment

Talking to the CMs I know who work the ride, they all honestly believe its all bs...more litigious minded folks trying to make a quick buck off of Disney. There has got to be way to mitigate all these lawsuits by guests. You goto a Major League Baseball game and you get hit by a fly ball and you have little recourse against the stadium, team, player or MLB. You trip on a bad tree root or fake a needle in your neck at DL and you can slam down a hefty lawsuit.

As fans we need to support Disney about standing up to this ridiculous claims, being witnesses. The more we do to suppress faulty claims, the more money stay in the House of Mouse for us and our enjoyment.

Comment

Ive been away from california for a few years now, Is their crime and "trouble" in and around Disneyland? Is their alot of gangs and stuff around anahiem?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                          Ive been away from california for a few years now, Is their crime and "trouble" in and around Disneyland? Is their alot of gangs and stuff around anahiem?
                          Heck no in fact its on and up and up in that area. Since DCA arrived and the resort area was overhauled there have been massive efforts to reduce eye sores and fleabag hotels that attracted a bad crowd. Santa Ana and Garden Grove have also made significant efforts to clean up and the area will one day be very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
                            Heck no in fact its on and up and up in that area. Since DCA arrived and the resort area was overhauled there have been massive efforts to reduce eye sores and fleabag hotels that attracted a bad crowd. Santa Ana and Garden Grove have also made significant efforts to clean up and the area will one day be very nice.
                            Exactly. So why are people accusing this 39 year old guy of being a "gang banger". His claim may be bogus, but that doesn't make his a "gang banger."
                            I'm trying to understand where that assumption comes from.
                            That Guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Mitchell
                              Exactly. So why are people accusing this 39 year old guy of being a "gang banger". His claim may be bogus, but that doesn't make his a "gang banger."
                              I'm trying to understand where that assumption comes from.
                              I believe the discussion of gangbangers was a result of the post comparing violence at Magic Mountain, which is rife with gangs, to violence at DL. I don't think anyone accused the guy on Indy of being a banger.
                              "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                              - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Oh...I follow now. I didn't realize that was a response to the Magic Mountain post.
                                That Guy!

Comment

Without being there, its hard to speculate. You'd like to hope someone wasn't making it up, but you just never know. I know that if I was pelted with a syringe, I'd be pretty shaking up. It would especially stink if no one believed me. However, some of the story elements seem fishy. Bizarre all around.

I don't watch CSI, but couldn't they check for prints on the syringe other than the supposed victom's?

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Mitchell
                                    Who said anything about "gang bangers"? What makes you think this guy is a "gang banger"? Anyway, if someone DID throw the syringe, find him and have the CIA recruit him.
                                    I was refering to the post about Magic Mountain, not the post about someone getting stabbed in Indy with a syringe.

Comment

Sounds like Magic Mountain is alot like Marine World in Vallejo.
                                      I am twenty minutes away, and haven't gone in three years.
                                      And Paramounts Great America isn't much better.
                                      I would rather spend the money, and travel to DL.
                                      Sounds like an unlikely event, and hopefully it isn't true.
                                      Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

Comment

Originally posted by dizneeboy
                                        Without being there, its hard to speculate. You'd like to hope someone wasn't making it up, but you just never know. I know that if I was pelted with a syringe, I'd be pretty shaking up. It would especially stink if no one believed me. However, some of the story elements seem fishy. Bizarre all around.

I don't watch CSI, but couldn't they check for prints on the syringe other than the supposed victom's?
                                        Possibly. But who knows how many people handled it before that point. I would think it makes things a bit more difficult.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X