Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you really be that sad to see It's A Small World go?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you really be that sad to see It's A Small World go?

The ride takes up some nice real-estate and I've been wondering lately how many people would actually be angry to see the ride replaced with something better/ more exciting. It's not famous because of its good times and laughs, it's famous for its annoying song and AC. If Disney put in a new dark ride/ E ticket in it's place how many people would cry foul?

Also this assumes that a RIDE replaces it, not some marketing shop/theater/restaurant.

Re: Would you really be that sad to see It's A Small World go?

The building alone is worth keeping regardless of the ride. It is apart of the way the whole park looks as a whole. The park would simply not be the same without it. They still have a huge area that has not been developed yet in Big Thunder Ranch. They could fit a nicely sized E-ticket in that area.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 05-03-2006, 02:41 AM.

Comment

YES! It would be like pulling down the El Capitan to build a multiplex AMC. And yes, I think there would be a huge protest. My dad was just here from Alabama and the only thing he HAD to see at DL was IASW. It is famous for it's unique artistic design (thank you, Mary Blair), it's childlike charm and sentiments of unity, humanity and playfulness. DisneyLand isn't just about rides, especially thrill rides. It's also about bringing out ones inner child and being reminded about what's best in all of us.
      A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
      In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil. :evil:

Comment

Plus what kind of message would that send tearing down a ride that promotes world peace?

Comment

The one at DL needs to stay, since that's a classic and one of the last things Walt worked on. the WDW version can go, though.

Have you faced the Yeti?

Comment

I really enjoyed riding IASW, when I visited Disneyland last summer. The ride's facade on the outside is beautiful. I think that some of the rides at Disneyland are classics, and would really be missed, if they were replaced with something else.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

If there decided to replace iasw, I would be there protesting! I'd hope out of my boat and chain myself to the mermaids or the hula girls. Sometimes change is good, but sometimes its NOT! I think you (OP) knew what kind of answers you got when you asked, you were just trying to get a debate going huh?

Comment

Of course I would be mad!!! gee, its a classic and I ride it at least 2 times when I go. tear it down. don't be crazy!!!

Comment

This has always been my favorite ride at WDW and the one at DL is even better. I'd probably cry if they replaced it. I was so upset when it was closed down during our last trip to WDW because my family didn't get to go on it.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
                  Mark Twain

Comment

Would you really be that sad to see It's A Small World go?
                    Yes.
                    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

yes I'd be upset!!!!
                      Growing older is manditory
                      Growing up is however, optional

Comment

I'd be sad to see it go. I wouldn't be sad to see them update this attraction, though.

Comment

IASW is the only attraction I rode on when I visited Disneyland when I was four. So my answer is a big, honking, YES!
                          Originally posted by aashee
                          We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

I'd be sad. I think everyone has memories of riding it with their kids that make it irreplaceable.

Could you imagine how blank that area would be at Christmas without it?
                            A signature should go here.

Comment

As much as that ride can be grating at times, it IS Disneyland. Small World was also the ride that gave birth to the ride system that made Pirates possible.
                              "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
                              Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X