This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E.P. Ripley Move Successful!

I'll be wrting something more in-depth about this event for part 2 of my MiceAge article on the E.P. Ripley's first public display outside of Disneyland, but here are some photos to whet your appetites until the article comes out!

BTW, The OC Register was on hand, as well as local TV news--I specifically noticed Channel 7 (ABC). So you might see some mainstream news coverage as well.

Leaving the park through the Ball road gate:

Entering the display area:

Unloading:

Manually moving into position:

Re: E.P. Ripley Move Successful!

Amazing Photos! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Wow... she looks so... small... out of context in the park.

But very cool!

Comment

Trains are cool!
        sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Ooh, awesome!
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

thats so cool!

Comment

Thanks Steve for the photos. SS is right, it does seem small compared the big Rig. But I understand the fit to scale of the park, or at least it seems that way.:blush:
              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

It's interesting reading all the comments about the size of the engine. And the comments really serve to emphasize Walt's innate sense of proportion.

The engine is small; it rides on narrow gauge tracks. But Walt and his imagineers tried to make the locomotive look like it was a full-size, standard gauge engine. They succeeded! And so, when we see the engine outside of its well-proportioned environment, the magic isn't eliminated, but is actually truly revealed.

Comment

That's absolutely true, S DG. Disney is master of not only theme, but scale; to the point of guests not even realizing it. This is bourn out by reading so many of the armchair imagineering threads where the existing scale of the park and it's attractions is so clearly overlooked. A fine example of the invisibility of critical work being the mark of it's success.

Comment

Went this morning, such a treat! CMs on hand talked about trying to get the Lilly Belle there next year!!!! My nephew LOVES trains, rides every visit to the DLR and is a multiple "Day Out With Thomas" veteran, and was thrilled to board this very special engine.
                    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Whoohoo - Thanks for the update Steve! The EP Ripley looks soo good!
                      "AND CONGRATULATIONS MICECHAT! WE HAVE NOW GONE INTO RELIGION, POLITICS, AND RACISM ON ONE THREAD! HELLS HAT-TRICK!"
                      - PanTheMan

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X