This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Toad is a dirty sinner.

Quick question... does anybody have any background info on the narrative for the Mr. Toad darkride? I always wondered why you go to Hell at the end of that ride, so I went out the other day and rented The Wind in the Willows, and now I'm even more confused: How come when I get on that ride my soul is damned and I'm tormented by pot-bellied demons for all eternity, but in the film Toad gets to soar around in an airplane piloted by a horse? Wha?!? Mah?!? Where's my horse plane ride?!? Anyhow... does anybody know the history of that ride, and why the Imagineers took that particular route? Thanks... :devil:

Thats a good question. I thought it was so when you rode Splash Mountain you had a warm ride to dry off on. . Ok realy does any one know?

Comment

I have always thought the Uncle Walt used the fantasyland dark rides to teach young children his own strict brand of morality.

Mr. Toad- drive to fast, end up in hell
      Pinnocchio- have too much fun, turn into a donkey
      Snow White- too ugly and mean- get pitched off a cliff
      Peter Pan- call people names, get eaten by crocodile

Just MHO
      Last edited by dramaqueen; 04-06-2005, 03:16 PM.
      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
      Help support the site you love:
      -Visit the MiceChat store
      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Nice DQ
        Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
        Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
        Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
        Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
        Marge: Pink.
        Homer: D'oh!
        Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
          I have always thought the Uncle Walt used the fantasyland dark rides to teach young children his own strict brand of morality.

Just MHO
          Agreed, DQ.

Also, in the Wind and the Willows, if I remember correctly, did not Mr. Toad steal the car?

Comment

Just MHO

Wow.. So i am a donkey.... eaten by a crock... falling down a cliff... going directly to hell... Wow... what a ending... :lol: :lol: :lol: :devil:

Comment

What if you drive fast on the way to church? isn't there some sort of redemption??? Hmmm, I better slow down LOL :lol:
              Katie :yea:
              Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
              :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Just MHO
                LOL Funny!

-FNDA

PS: I guess I have to point out that Pinochio didn't arrive in Fantasyland until the 80's.
                ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

Just MHO
                  hehe, never thought of it like that.
                  ------

------

Comment

Just MHO

Uhhhh... No...

Mr. Toad's Automobile Chase is what it is... Sort of smashing bits and pieces of the story into a narrative of sorts... You have the Auto chase sequence, and the trial sequence... but I think the end is if you don't listen to the law you end up in hell...

Pinnocchio was not one of Walt's orginal dark rides if, I recall... It was added durring the Fantasyland Makeover...

Peter Pan always called Hook a codfish... You don't see him eaten by a croc... No, the hidden message is, if you spend your life trying to kill youth, time (tick tock) will end up catching up with you and you end up dead... And in this case desert... Yumm... Piratey goodness...

Snow White is Snow White... What can I say...
                    Check out my other blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyren
                      Also, in the Wind and the Willows, if I remember correctly, did not Mr. Toad steal the car?
                      Actually, the weasels stole the car and then traded it with Mr. Toad for his mansion and the police found Mr. Toad in the car. So he was framed!
                      "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

Comment

Don't forget:

Alice in Wonderland: become too curious and fall asleep during your studies and you have to sing and dance w/ flowers and pretend it's your birthday...hmmm maybe that's not too bad

:lol:
                        A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Comment

What does sin have to do with Hell?

I thought the only unforgivable sins were suicide and doubt that Jesus was the one true savior.

Comment

Originally posted by DustMeUpTink
                            Actually, the weasels stole the car and then traded it with Mr. Toad for his mansion and the police found Mr. Toad in the car. So he was framed!
                            <bows> I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by dshimel

I thought the only unforgivable sins were suicide and doubt that Jesus was the one true savior.
                              ???????

It was meant as a joke..................
                              Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                              Help support the site you love:
                              -Visit the MiceChat store
                              Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                              MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dshimel

Ah, Christianity. Taking 4,000 years of rich moral tradition and suddenly making it not applicable to everyday life...

Comment

I believe I read in one of those Disneyland/WDW travel planning books that the story line is roughly that after stealing a car, you are killed when hit my a train, and thus go to hell.... which I guess would explain why the hell scene comes right after the train tunnel. In any case, I don't think that Toad is a ride that is meant to be analyzed to closely. The original Fantasyland darkrides were loosely inspired by similar operating dark rides that had already become a staple at amusement parks, which would explain why two fo them (Toad and Snow White) used some of the familiar dark ride gags as well as tending toward a slightly scary feeling.

I will say that I always found it amusing that you can go to hell while in Disneyland. Mr. Toad is unique and after the romoval of Toad at WDW, is the last Mr.Toad's Wild ride in existence.

Cris

Comment

You have the Auto chase sequence, and the trial sequence... but I think the end is if you don't listen to the law you end up in hell...
                                    On the ride, I always figured your suppose to be dead after your implied head-on with the train, then you're in hell. Never though about why, just figured you're suppose to be Toad, and when you die, that's where you end up for whatever reason.
                                    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again..."- Bart Simpson

Comment

I'm not sure if I remember correctly, bit in truth I've thought about this too.

I think Toad goes to Court, and right after there's the train scene. Then I guess we can assume that Toad escaped from jail, took a car, and went head-on into a train and killed himself.

So I guess if you do something bad and then push away any remote redemption, you're going to hell.

Comment

I never tried to read any deep theological or moral meanings into Mr. Toad - I just enjoy the ride for the visual zaniness and craziness, the reckless careening around the corners. All in all, it's a very excellent dark ride compared to most that exist.
                                        Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar....

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X