This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some images of the Tahatian Terrace

Maybe a restaurant chain like ISLANDS can help sponser LINK: http://www.islandsrestaurants.com/?? I think there's another ISLANDS type restaurant chain, but I can't think of it right now. Just a thought, please don't hurl spears at me...

Maybe also put fruit smoothies in the menu, if they didn't before.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu
      Not sure WHEN they added the Monte Cristo to the menu, but here's a link to the recipe.:

http://www.doombuggyproductions.com/...nteCristo.html

It actually does sound pretty good.
      Obviously they did sell them at the Tahitian Terrace...I just don't remember it, and I don't recall them being on the menu when I cooked there in the mid 70's. The recipe differs slightly from the Blue Bayou's...the use of pineapple juice especially.

I made them by the thousands, of course, in my years in the NOMK for the Bayou...but back in the day, at least, we didn't use egg bread...just regular Wonder white bread...Personally, I don't understand the devotion some have to a deep-fried sandwich...they're good, but not $15 worth IMHO...to each, their own.

Very interesting website. Thanks for the links. Of course, as I've said before, I'm partial to the large fritters we used to make over the little ones they serve now. You really need a deep fat fryer to make any of these things properly, I would think.

In any case, I could definitely get behind the Lilo and Stitch luau restaurant idea. It just all depends how much of a rebuild of the kitchen infrastructure would be needed.

If they think of rebuilding a kitchen for some sort of restaurant there, seems to me they'd be thinking of resuming food operations at the Plaza Pavillion too. Just a guess there on my part.
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
        No. :yuck: Ours has Arabian only because Pressler sucks. We don't need it...send it to Paris.

Aladdin's Oasis predates Pressler.

Comment

When I was old enough to roam the park, free from my parents, they would go to the Tahitian Terrace while my cousin's and I would go ride hoping.
          We would eat what ever was convenient, probably at the Tommorowland Terrace, while my parents had Teriyaki steak at the Tahitian.
          It was an excuse for both us kids and the adults to take a break from each other.

As a pre-teen, the Tahitian Terrace seemed to adult for us young whipper snappers. Plus it cut into our ride time.
          Of course we had to stock up on our E-ticket booklets before we parted ways with the parental units.

Ahhhh the old days.
          Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
          http://www.ericedunn.com/

Comment

The Tahitian Terrace was may favorite thing in all of Disneyland! It is my biggest wish that it someday returns. The sooner the better! They can rebuild a fake tree and bring a kitchen back up to code!! I enjoyed the magic of the terrace as a child many times. I went to see the Aladdin show when it opened, and yes, it was fun, I loved the smoking genie lamps and the dessert but it didnt transport me to far off islands like the hula girls and fire dancers and island drummers did!
            For those of you who never got to experience the island magic of the Tahitian Terrace,
            http://www.disneylandpostcards.com/altt.jpg
            On a busy day at Disneyland the terrace was a quiet, relaxing, peaceful place to enjoy excellent food and a fantastic show. The sound of the waterfall and the relaxing island music along with the scent of tropical flowers and exotic food were a perfect combination! When the drums began to play, the waterfall opened up like a curtain and the hula girls came dancing thru, it was magic as only Disney can do! When the fire dancer finished his dance and lit the water at the base of the waterfall on fire... spectacular!
            I heard Eisner closed this show and the Golden Horseshoe show becouse he felt that paying musicians, singers and dancers their union wages was too expensive! Remember, this show was free with dinner! The Aladdin show was about 30 bucks a person if I remember correctly.
            BRING BACK THE TAHITIAN TERRACE! Exotic luau at night, maybe Lilo and Stitch for the kids during the day!

</IMG></IMG>

Comment

"Childishness? I think it's the equivalent of never losing your sense of humor. I mean, there's a certain something that you retain. It's the equivalent of not getting so stuffy that you can't laugh at others."
              ~Walt Disney

Comment

What great photos everyone posted! I've posted my opinions on the topic several times...I, too was enchanted with the Tahitian Terrace. I like the idea of incorporating Lilo & Stitch, as long as it isn't too "Stitch" oriented, to the point that the lore behind the dances and chanting is compromized my mischief. Stitch is one of my favorite characters, but he has his place.

Comment

I'm good at predicting the future, I was right about my aunt having a girl, my sister getting into the Boston Conservatory, and that the subs (before 2000) would make a comeback.

So, now I'm guessing Tahitian Terrace is coming back to Disneyland is some form or another with a bit of a Stitch theme (overlay)- knowing Disney.

Aladdis Oasis, I believe, is gone forever. Maybe John is actually smart.

Just my two cents- hopefully my future skills are right !!!

Comment

I can so get behind anything that involves good food and hula girls! Not to mention fire and drumming...

Oh, yeah, I'd eat there.
                    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

If you have the movie "Disneyland A Day At The Happiest Place On Earth", there is about a 5 second clip of the Tahitian Terrance dancers. I don't remember ever having been there but I assume it was a bit like the Luau they do at the Polynesian Resort in WDW and I have done that. It was cool. The Lilo and Stitch would be good. Parents would be more likely to get their kids to come willingly if there are characters to see along with the dancers and fire. But just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Cabin
                        Aladdin's Oasis predates Pressler.
                        Yes, but our Arabian theme in WDW (Aladdin's Magic Carpets) does not, which is what I was refering to.

Comment

Working...
                        X