Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Some images of the Tahatian Terrace

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some images of the Tahatian Terrace

I think the others who have said this have the right idea: a Polynesian dinner attraction fits -perfectly- with both Adventureland and Lil & Stitch, considering the prominent place a similar attraction holds in that movie's plot. Lilo & Stitch are, oh, about ten TRILLION times more popular than Aladdin ever was, and show no signs of fading. The only thing close to a Stitch attraction we have (or have room for) is at Innoventions.

This is just a complete no-brainer. Bring forth the Lilo & Stitch Luau Adventure post haste!
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

Comment

I really miss the TT.

One of my fave Disneyland memories is my first "Volcano Sundae" - it was a hot fudge sundae with a splash of brandy on top, and they'd light it on fire right in front of you. It was pure Disney magic!!! I was always amazed at how the ice cream didn't melt. :blush:

And I also remember the time my brother was asked to do the hula. And, I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Yeah, I miss it terribly.

I'd eat there almost every visit now, if it still existed.
      disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

When I was a kid, I always thought the dinner show at the Tahitian Terrace was WAY better than seeing Disneyland tourists pass by on an orange Pirate boat.

Comment

The Tahitian Terrace always felt like a tropical getaway, even though you were already in a theme park getaway. I loved the laid-back atmosphere and the feeling that you were sitting in some restaurant 3,000 miles away in Hawaii or something. I mean, it REALLY felt that you were in another world in a tropical region.

Matt Ouimet and Greg Emmer, despite their Pixar obsession handicap, seem to be quite perceptive in the Disneyland experience. I would be surprised if this restaurant stays shuttered for much longer. Considering what they've done with the old CircleVision building and the sub lagoon, and more importantly Cafe Orleans, I would think that after the Bengal BBQ closes this would open up rather soon after that. They seem to recognize dead space in the park and fill it in with interesting stuff. I don't think we'll get the Tahitian Terrace back, probably some kind of thinly-veiled Pixar themed restaurant shoe-horned into a jungle theme (after all, we need more Buzz Lightyear in the park), but we will probably get *something* there in the next couple years.

I love being cynical about Ouimet's Pixar obsession because he has turned Tomorrowland into more "Pixar" than "Tomorrow". Granted, he's vastly improved Tomorrowland overall, but until he stops tainting the creativity and originality of Disneyland with pre-existing material, I will continue to be cynical of his Pixar overobsession. Every single Pixar movie is accounted for at the Disneyland Resort...for Pete's sake, enough is enough.

Anyway, the seashell necklaces! How could we go through so many posts and no one mentioned the SEA SHELL NECKLACES!!!

(Damn, those things just fell apart so easily...I still have mine from 1992 though)
          Last edited by Athlonacon; 05-08-2006, 09:55 PM.

Comment

OK so what if they set a pixar movie in the FUTURE. Then will you be ok with that theme in Tomorrowland? Agreed, the FINDING NEMO SUBMARINE VOYAGE is a stretch for Tomorrowland.

Comment

I feel glad to have actually eaten at the Tahitian Terrace. I was pretty young, maybe 7, and I remember getting a hamburger with pineapple in the bun. It was the only time I remember eating there because I think it closed a couple years later, but it definitely left an impression. The food was good and I enjoyed the show. Another restaurant like the Blue Bayou would be a great addition to Adventureland. Why not have every meal be an experience in itself? The possibilities are endless because they don't have to stick to the same theme as long as it fits in Adventureland better than Aladdin does.
              I loved Aladdin as a little kid but the story time doesn't do anything for me. It seems like a restaurant would serve more people and make money. If the facilities are there, I say go for it. Hopefully they can find enough people to staff another sit down restaurant. Of course this is only a dream right now but who knows whos reading this stuff?

Hey check out my totally rad blog @ misguidedadv.blogspot.com

Comment

I wish i could go back and have one dining experience in there. It looks like it was pretty cool. I never got to go there.

Comment

I got to eat there a few times. It was great; they also had a Monte Cristo sandwich, and it was less expensive than the Blue Bayou!
                  The TT was only opened for high park capacity; namely weekends and summers. I think one of the problems of 'bringing TT back' is that the polynesian show during the 'off season' would work at the Kona Hawaii restaurant, on Harbor blvd, a few miles down the street from Disneyland. It no longer exists.
                  "They's two B's in basketball!"

Comment

Originally posted by Brer Bear
                    I got to eat there a few times. It was great; they also had a Monte Cristo sandwich, and it was less expensive than the Blue Bayou!
                    The TT was only opened for high park capacity; namely weekends and summers. I think one of the problems of 'bringing TT back' is that the polynesian show during the 'off season' would work at the Kona Hawaii restaurant, on Harbor blvd, a few miles down the street from Disneyland. It no longer exists.
                    For most of its run that I can recall, the Tahitian Terrace, like the adjoining Plaza Pavillion, was only operational during summer and holiday periods...it wasn't even open on weekends during the "off-season". That made it a pain if you were hired initially to work in that complex, as I was. If you made "permanent part-time" status (and this was something you actually achieved on merit to some degree back then) they had to find another location for you to work during those periods, then come back...And I don't recall them having a "Monte" on the menu...maybe that ocurred after I left the park's employ. They did serve a mahi mahi dish that was battered and deep fried in a similar fashion.

-- Barry
                    Last edited by Radiobarry; 05-11-2006, 01:06 PM.
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry
                      I don't recall them having a "Monte" on the menu...maybe that ocurred after I left the park's employ. They did serve a mahi mahi dish that was battered and deep fried in a similar fashion.

-- Barry
                      Not sure WHEN they added the Monte Cristo to the menu, but here's a link to the recipe.:

http://www.doombuggyproductions.com/...nteCristo.html

It actually does sound pretty good.

Comment

Maybe a restaurant chain like ISLANDS can help sponser LINK: http://www.islandsrestaurants.com/?? I think there's another ISLANDS type restaurant chain, but I can't think of it right now. Just a thought, please don't hurl spears at me...

Maybe also put fruit smoothies in the menu, if they didn't before.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                        -Jurassic Park

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianDragon_Mushu
                          Not sure WHEN they added the Monte Cristo to the menu, but here's a link to the recipe.:

http://www.doombuggyproductions.com/...nteCristo.html

It actually does sound pretty good.
                          Obviously they did sell them at the Tahitian Terrace...I just don't remember it, and I don't recall them being on the menu when I cooked there in the mid 70's. The recipe differs slightly from the Blue Bayou's...the use of pineapple juice especially.

I made them by the thousands, of course, in my years in the NOMK for the Bayou...but back in the day, at least, we didn't use egg bread...just regular Wonder white bread...Personally, I don't understand the devotion some have to a deep-fried sandwich...they're good, but not $15 worth IMHO...to each, their own.

Very interesting website. Thanks for the links. Of course, as I've said before, I'm partial to the large fritters we used to make over the little ones they serve now. You really need a deep fat fryer to make any of these things properly, I would think.

In any case, I could definitely get behind the Lilo and Stitch luau restaurant idea. It just all depends how much of a rebuild of the kitchen infrastructure would be needed.

If they think of rebuilding a kitchen for some sort of restaurant there, seems to me they'd be thinking of resuming food operations at the Plaza Pavillion too. Just a guess there on my part.
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
                            No. :yuck: Ours has Arabian only because Pressler sucks. We don't need it...send it to Paris.

Aladdin's Oasis predates Pressler.

Comment

When I was old enough to roam the park, free from my parents, they would go to the Tahitian Terrace while my cousin's and I would go ride hoping.
                              We would eat what ever was convenient, probably at the Tommorowland Terrace, while my parents had Teriyaki steak at the Tahitian.
                              It was an excuse for both us kids and the adults to take a break from each other.

As a pre-teen, the Tahitian Terrace seemed to adult for us young whipper snappers. Plus it cut into our ride time.
                              Of course we had to stock up on our E-ticket booklets before we parted ways with the parental units.

Ahhhh the old days.
                              Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
                              http://www.ericedunn.com/

Comment

The Tahitian Terrace was may favorite thing in all of Disneyland! It is my biggest wish that it someday returns. The sooner the better! They can rebuild a fake tree and bring a kitchen back up to code!! I enjoyed the magic of the terrace as a child many times. I went to see the Aladdin show when it opened, and yes, it was fun, I loved the smoking genie lamps and the dessert but it didnt transport me to far off islands like the hula girls and fire dancers and island drummers did!
                                For those of you who never got to experience the island magic of the Tahitian Terrace,
                                http://www.disneylandpostcards.com/altt.jpg
                                On a busy day at Disneyland the terrace was a quiet, relaxing, peaceful place to enjoy excellent food and a fantastic show. The sound of the waterfall and the relaxing island music along with the scent of tropical flowers and exotic food were a perfect combination! When the drums began to play, the waterfall opened up like a curtain and the hula girls came dancing thru, it was magic as only Disney can do! When the fire dancer finished his dance and lit the water at the base of the waterfall on fire... spectacular!
                                I heard Eisner closed this show and the Golden Horseshoe show becouse he felt that paying musicians, singers and dancers their union wages was too expensive! Remember, this show was free with dinner! The Aladdin show was about 30 bucks a person if I remember correctly.
                                BRING BACK THE TAHITIAN TERRACE! Exotic luau at night, maybe Lilo and Stitch for the kids during the day!

</IMG></IMG>

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X