Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA name change in the making already?

I noticed from pictures of the banners used for the Wine and Food Fest at DCA, that all the signs say Disneys California Food and Wine Festival

Maybe this could be the new name? Disney California. Take out the Adventure.

Is this Disneys new way of slowly but surely changing the name, or is it just them being to lazy to put Adventure on the banner?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Re: DCA name change in the making already?

I think it's just saying that the cusine is based on California, not California Adventure.

Nothing more than that.

If it was called California Adventure Food an Wine Weekends, than they really could be serving anything as long as they served it at the park. Simply calling it California implies that it is California food.

Comment

If it was just California Food and wine fest yes, but it is Disneys California, if it was Disney Presents California good and wine fest, your statement would be correct...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
      ~

Comment

I think it should be Disney's Adventure... take out california.. or call it Disney's Flordia Adventure and name a park in flordia Disney's California Adventure.

Comment

I told you already... DCA will become Disney's Cinema Adventure..

Comment

Disney's California Food and Wine Weekends is named that because:

It's considered a Resort-wide event. The event focuses on California cuisine and wines, and untilizes Disney's California Adventure park to host some of the events, because Disney's California Adventure is themed to California.

The event is not called Disney's California Adventure Food and Wine Weekends because there are also events going on at each of the three Hotels of the Disneyland Resort, which technically makes it a Resort-wide event.

This is NOT a California Adventure special event. It's a special event for the Disneyland Resort.

I'm pretty sure that this is not a sign of a name change or anything like that. ..And what would be the point of taking "Adventure" out of the name? If it's still associated with the "California" theme, people are still going to be turned off. Omitting "Adventure" from "Disney's California Adventure" would be absolutely pointless.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

^--- I really like the points you make. Good head on your shoulders, young man.

Comment

Speaking of wine, does DMK sell alcoholic beverages anywhere in it park like DCA does?
                "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
                "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
                "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

Comment

Thanks, speederscout

Originally posted by Wicket
                  Speaking of wine, does DMK sell alcoholic beverages anywhere in it park like DCA does?
                  Not sure what DMK stands for, but I'm guessing you're talking about Disneyland/Magic Kingdom.

If that's what's you're asking then no. For regular park guests, Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom does not sell alcohol, as per Walt Disney's rules. The only place where alcohol is available in Disneyland is in Club 33, and that is because it is a private club and was originally used for Walt to entertain special guests, celebrities, and dignitaries.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey
                    And what would be the point of taking "Adventure" out of the name? If it's still associated with the "California" theme, people are still going to be turned off. Omitting "Adventure" from "Disney's California Adventure" would be absolutely pointless.
                    The word, "adventure", is what turns people off.

The name, "Disney's California Adventure", is so awkward and unwieldy that very few people use it, and "adventure" is so hackneyed and meaningless, as a word, that it accentuates the half-hearted effort the creators invested in the park.

"Disney's California", as a name, is still not perfect, but it is better than "Disney's California Adventure".

Comment

I actually think the food and wine festival has the possessive, "Disney's", attached simply because each division of the company wants to use the goodwill associated with the Disney name and because the word mark, "Disney's", may help to legally strengthen the trademark for the event, itself. So, nothing should probably be read into the consecutive use of the two words, "Disney's" and "California".

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Analyst
                        Disney California.
                        Well the issue they'd have with that is it would imply Disney owns California (well we could debate that that isn't already true but ) and much like when they wanted to call the park Disney's America...well it pissed people off, and I bet Disney's California would piss people off too.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist
                          The word, "adventure", is what turns people off.

The name, "Disney's California Adventure", is so awkward and unwieldy that very few people use it, and "adventure" is so hackneyed and meaningless, as a word, that it accentuates the half-hearted effort the creators invested in the park.

"Disney's California", as a name, is still not perfect, but it is better than "Disney's California Adventure".
                          What? People just call the place DCA or California Adventure around where I live (~5 miles or so from Disneyland). What's so awkward and unwieldy about "Adventure"? Man, that is completely left-field to me.

Also, how do you know it's "what turns people off"? Have you done studies on this or something? Any sort of reliable sample? Or is it just what turns *you* off, so you're making incorrect blanket statements that don't have any evidence to back them up?

Please don't present your opinion as fact, especially when it isn't an educated opinion in the first place.

Comment

Personally I would not want to see the word "adventure" in that sentance...adventure and food = bad food experiance.

I don't read anything into the signs other than focus on California cuisine, nothing more - nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSwami
                              What? People just call the place DCA or California Adventure around where I live (~5 miles or so from Disneyland). What's so awkward and unwieldy about "Adventure"? Man, that is completely left-field to me.

Also, how do you know it's "what turns people off"? Have you done studies on this or something? Any sort of reliable sample? Or is it just what turns *you* off, so you're making incorrect blanket statements that don't have any evidence to back them up?

Please don't present your opinion as fact, especially when it isn't an educated opinion in the first place.
                              right it is awkward to say Disney's California Adventure. I vote for just renaming it "California Adventure" feels much smoother and its what most people call it anyway.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X