X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flashback: '02 World Champion Anaheim Angels at the DLR

Where you there?
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: flashback: '02 World Champion Anaheim Angels at the DLR

I was there for the victory celebration in the then-Edison Field - parking lot. A day never to be forgotten by any Angels fan.

There's a huge picture of of the float in the Disneyland parade, in the press box dining room.

And on the outside wall of that dining room...

L-A Times headlines from the 2002 World Series...a never-to-be-forgotten time for some of us long-suffering fans who had followed this woebegotten team since the 60's.

Ironic that during this run, Disney is doing all it can to get rid of the team...and then Eisner shows up to claim the trophy...oh, well...that's another thread...

Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 05-08-2006, 01:56 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

yes a very proud day!

Comment

(sigh) i was but a wee little freshman who was a newbie annual passholder, not to mention i also missed school to go to this event, ill never forget all the red and the "THUNDERSTICKS" (shudder) I still have one of my thundersticks deflated and hidden away somewhere.

Comment

we were watching the game in downtown disney.. i normally dont watch sports but that was soooo exciting

Friends for life

Comment

What a great day thatwas
            :crazylegs

Comment

Yep, I was there....met my brother and my mom at the Park for the morning parade, then I had to go back to school for my 1pm class...and then went back for the fireworks. Exciting series, it was hilarious during Game 6, I was at a party and the first half of it was watching the end of the baseball game (with everyone rooting for the Angels, except 2 people).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X