This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Disney Character images 1981

Here's some images that I found of some of the Disney characters that were walking around the park in 1981. While some of them I can see how they have evolved into what we have today, but others look the exact same.

Here's Donald with 4 fingers (the fourth is behind the pole)

Another Donald image (you can see the 4 fingers here). I think he looks like the StayPuff Marshmellow man.

One more Donald sighting...

Goofy doesn't appear to have changed much...

The Pluto outfit looks better than it did in one of my earlier threads...

Its been a while since I have seen these guys around the park...

Mary Poppins hasn't changed much over the years....

This was the last time I saw Cinderella's mice in the park... I guess they figured with the rodent problem, 1 giant mouse is enough...

Speaking of giant mice.... when did he get so short?!?!?!?!

Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Re: Some Disney Character images 1981

Great pics - thank you!

Comment

That Donald is pretty short, too...

In a way, I think a shorter Mickey works better. Not quite as intimidating to kids.
      -Tim

Comment

i think he has always been that short... or maybe not?

also Oggie i love the quote on your signature... kudos

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

They seem to have issues with Donald. His costume seems to have changed a lot over the years...

Comment

Looking at a few of the character outfits, I'm wondering just how tall you had to be to work in them. I'm thinking that you had to be under 5' tall.

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie

This was the last time I saw Cinderella's mice in the park... I guess they figured with the rodent problem, 1 giant mouse is enough...

Interesting - I wonder what the criteria are to get rid of characters. I have a ton of pictures from around 1977 or 1978 of me and my sister with Robin Hood, the movie of which I believe had come out a few years before.

Never since, however, have I seen the Robin Hood character at Disneyland. Hmm..

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto
                Interesting - I wonder what the criteria are to get rid of characters. I have a ton of pictures from around 1977 or 1978 of me and my sister with Robin Hood, the movie of which I believe had come out a few years before.

Never since, however, have I seen the Robin Hood character at Disneyland. Hmm..
                He still roams WDW... Friar Tuck and Maid Marian, too. Probably others.
                -Tim

Comment

Mickey was way too short in that photo! LOL But I noticed that it has reversed with Donald. He is now the short one and Mickey looks about average height. Didn't Cinderella's mice used to be in the Parade of the Stars? And sorry, but what is that place that everyone is sitting at? I know where it's located but I don't know what it was at that time. Looks like a restaurant or just seating area? These pictures are two years older than I so that's presumably why I don't know. :blush:
                  http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                  www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                  http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment626
                    Mickey was way too short in that photo! LOL But I noticed that it has reversed with Donald. He is now the short one and Mickey looks about average height. Didn't Cinderella's mice used to be in the Parade of the Stars? And sorry, but what is that place that everyone is sitting at? I know where it's located but I don't know what it was at that time. Looks like a restaurant or just seating area? These pictures are two years older than I so that's presumably why I don't know. :blush:
                    The pictures were taken right across the path from the Main Street Opera House hat shop. At the time it was a place to sit and get a drink. Now its just a sitting area next to where the big mosaic of steamboat willie is. As you can see at the time, a lot of characters came and went through the employee enteryway right there.

Comment

Originally posted by OogieBoogie
                      The pictures were taken right across the path from the Main Street Opera House hat shop. At the time it was a place to sit and get a drink. Now its just a sitting area next to where the big mosaic of steamboat willie is. As you can see at the time, a lot of characters came and went through the employee enteryway right there.
                      Gotcha! Thanks!
                      http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                      www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                      http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Neat retro photos as always! is that you in the cool visor?

I have a video of Fantasy On Parade from the now infamous day I was at Disneyland back in '86 and I seem to remember Robin Hood walking around in the parade. But I'vel ost the home movie.

Originally posted by aashee
                        We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Originally posted by BDBopper
                          Neat retro photos as always! is that you in the cool visor?

I have a video of Fantasy On Parade from the now infamous day I was at Disneyland back in '86 and I seem to remember Robin Hood walking around in the parade. But I'vel ost the home movie.

Nope. Thats not me in the visor. I was the one taking the pictures with a little instamatic.

Comment

...I saw Cindy's mice this year.

Neat pictures

Comment

Yes, I saw Mary the mouse just this past Friday... along with Cinderella AND Prince Charming.

I miss the seating area there across from the Mad Hatter. It was there just over a year ago, and was taken out for the giant Mickey Photo Montage... although the fence was taken out earlier. A year ago they had tables and chairs and such, but no fence.

GREAT 80's shots!
                              ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X