This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best DL Show Effect?

In all of DisneyLand What do you think is the best show effect ?

Sorry working on the polls
    Snow White - Apple in the Mirror
    1.33%
    Mr. Toad - Train Crash
    5.33%
    Indian Jones - Rolling Stone
    38.67%
    Haunted Mansion - Ballroom
    40.00%
    POTC - Burning City
    4.00%
    Winnie the Pooh - Rain
    1.33%
    Splash Mountain - Fox & Rabbit Projection Screen
    0.00%
    Big Thunder Mountain - Cave-in
    0.00%
    Other
    9.33%
    Last edited by Dirton; 04-07-2005, 09:28 AM.

They have no decent shows right now.....will answer this one after the 5th!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

What do you mean?
      Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Mansion (scrims) and Pirates(flames) and Tiki Room(thunder storm) and Indy(boulder) and many other rides are loaded with many, many great effects.

But, for the best single effect, I have to go with the portable hole in Roger Rabbit's.

Comment

Always been fascinated with the Haunted Mansion ballroom scene, but all of the ones listed above a great!
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I always loved the burning buildings in POTC. Makes me all warm and toasty
            Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
            Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
            Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
            Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
            Marge: Pink.
            Homer: D'oh!
            Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

Yeah.. this is like asking me if I like steak or potatoes. ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Anyway, I voted for the HM, because it's still so breathtaking even if it's your 30495 time riding it. You're still like, "whoa... ghosts! In a ballroom!! They're see-thru! Weird organ music! Awesome!" And probably the person next to you is thinking the same thing.
              Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

It was tough to choose between HM and POTC...ok, Indy's stone is pretty cool too. I finally chose HM ballroom scene.

Years ago, my girlfriend took her (then) mother-in-law to Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. It was a beautiful California day and they enjoyed the show. But...when the thunderstorm started, her mother-in-law leaned over and said, "Oh my! When we go out we're gonna get soaked. We don't have any umbrellas!" :lol:
                "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

My vote is definately for the HM Ballroom scene despite it's mistakes. BTW, anyone see the really out of place green exit sign reflected in the glass near the floor in the ballroom? It's the only one that reads, "<TIXE". As if we need to see where the exits are down there. :lol:

Comment

Comment

As much as i love POTC and HM, i voted for the ball in Indy. It was one of the few effects that literally made me say 'wow' when i first saw it.

Comment

Their all cool

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
                          It was tough to choose between HM and POTC...ok, Indy's stone is pretty cool too. I finally chose HM ballroom scene.

Years ago, my girlfriend took her (then) mother-in-law to Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. It was a beautiful California day and they enjoyed the show. But...when the thunderstorm started, her mother-in-law leaned over and said, "Oh my! When we go out we're gonna get soaked. We don't have any umbrellas!" :lol:

That's hilarious! I swear, whenever I step out of the "stretching room" and into the hallway at HM, I see the "rain" on the windows and immediately feel that the weather has changed a little. I know in my head that it's still gorgeous outside, but I get chills nevertheless.

Comment

Fantasmic! Water Projection
                            www.deliciousmayhem.net
                            www.kidseatingpaste.com

Comment

Since the Haunted Mansions effect is so simple I would have to go with Indy.

Comment

I would go with Indy, but I think the Roger Rabbit hole effect should be added as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
                                  OK...I'll tell you another one that happened to me. POTC had just opened and it was my very first time on it. I had no idea what to expect. It was a clear night when I entered the queue. We passed through the foyer and back out into the night onto the dock where we would board our boats. I was marveling at how pretty everything looked. After taking it all in for a very long time I suddenly noticed an air-conditioning vent in the sky! I was totally convinced that we had gone back outside. Boy was I shocked! :lol:
                                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                                  -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I'd have to say the best affects are in fantasmic I like all the fantasmic affects

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                                    ~

Comment

I think this poll should be invalidated for not having the newest, and most kewl, show effect listed -- the new, floating Madame Leota crystal ball projection (incuding the most realistic looking burning candles ever).

Comment

Originally posted by innerSpaceman
                                        I think this poll should be invalidated for not having the newest, and most kewl, show effect listed -- the new, floating Madame Leota crystal ball projection (incuding the most realistic looking burning candles ever).
                                        Whoa. I totally FORGOT about that. Can I change my vote? :devil:

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X