Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Doubletree Hotel??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubletree Hotel??

I just found out that the National HOSA people messed up our reservation and now instead of the convention center Marriott, we're staying at the Doubletree. I guess it's behind the Marriott somewhere?

Anyway, I've stayed in the Doubletree before and it's fine and their website says they have a shuttle to Disneyland - but what's around the hotel? Any convenience stores? restaurants? Just need some opinions and thoughts about the hotel.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Re: Doubletree Hotel??

That hotel is good, but the TripleTree is much better.

I think that hotel is near the Garden Grove Hyatt, and I stayed there last week. If that is correct, then it is around tons of good stuff, Joe's Crab Shack, Outback, Red Robin, etc. Basically much better places to eat then if you're stuck with Mimi's cafe near DLR. Take a look at Tripadvisor, that is a good way to learn about where you'll be staying.

Comment

thanks bunches
      sigpic

Comment

The NEW Doubletree is a LOT closer, basically across from the Strawberry Field...

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=187867
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

The address is 100 City Drive, Orange, California - is that the new one?
          sigpic

Comment

If it is the one next to UCI Medical Center, there isn't much around but I remember there is a restaurant or two in it. It's nice, haven't been for at least 10 years though.

Comment

Okay, you're at the old Doubletree in Orange, not the new Doubletree Suites in Anaheim. Very nice and recently remodeled, it's a high rise about 2 miles from the Resort at the corner of City Dr. and Chapman. Yes, you have a ton within walking distance - a whole shoppertainment center called the Block. Food, shopping, movie theatres, Virgin Mega, Borders, Vans Skate Park, etc. Should work out great.
              Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Krispy Kreme, Dave & Busters, and Johnny Rockets are all great places to eat at the Block of Orange!
                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan
                  Okay, you're at the old Doubletree in Orange, not the new Doubletree Suites in Anaheim. Very nice and recently remodeled, it's a high rise about 2 miles from the Resort at the corner of City Dr. and Chapman. Yes, you have a ton within walking distance - a whole shoppertainment center called the Block. Food, shopping, movie theatres, Virgin Mega, Borders, Vans Skate Park, etc. Should work out great.
                  I agree, the block is a good place to hang out one of your nights.
                  "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
                  "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
                  "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

Comment

Super! Thanks for the input - my son will be so excited that he'll be able to get donuts.
                    sigpic

Comment

^We drove by your hotel it looked super nice and really it is in a cool area. Plus, it's kind of nice to get away from the hustle and bustle that is around the hotels near DLR. It seems like a slower pace at the off site hotel areas, we really liked the Hyatt.

Comment

Yes I would say the mix up is in your favor definetly. The Block is a great get away for an evening. AMC, restaurants, Rubios, Quiznos, Jamba Juice. TONS!! Have fun

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

The shuttle to Disneyland is free from this hotel too. The hotels on the Anaheim trolley routes charge something like $3.00 per day, per person. I think kids are free.

Anyway, this is a nice hotel and it is nice not to be too close to other busy hotels. Make sure you ask for a room facing the park. You can see the fireworks at night.
                          Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

Comment

Thanks for the tips - I knew I could count on y'all!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X