Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me or....(is Frontierland too small ?)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it me or....(is Frontierland too small ?)

    Is frontierland pretty small
    I mean besides Tom sawyers island (which is like half frontierland half NOS) its very small, like a transition to NOS
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

  • #2
    As well as a nice walkway to Fantasyland, but yeah... Frontierland is pretty small if you don't include the Rivers of America and TSI.

    Roaming the Kingdom, one Adventure at a time!

    Comment


    • #3
      this is probably why they're expanding it

      if Splash had been a translation between frontierland and fanatasyland like it is in Tokyo it might've been better collective themeing but what's done is done
      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Not compared to Adventureland!
        Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



        Do you MiceChat?
        Help support the site you love:
        -Visit the MiceChat store
        Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

        DMCA for life, yo.
        MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Disneyfanatic
          Is frontierland pretty small
          I mean besides Tom sawyers island (which is like half frontierland half NOS) its very small, like a transition to NOS
          It is the largest land in the park. the ROA are part of it, so is the casa and BTM, and BTR BBQ, so it's mighty big. think of the ROA as the show building the Mark and columbia sail thru!
          "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

          [FONT=Arial Narrow]

          Comment


          • #6
            frontier land is huge unfortunally alot of the area is wasted space. unlike tommarow land it is very hard to create new attractions for this area. setting up an attraction would be difficult in frontier land because there is no where to go

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Disneyfanatic
              Is frontierland pretty small
              I mean besides Tom sawyers island (which is like half frontierland half NOS) its very small, like a transition to NOS
              What is NOS?

              Comment


              • #8
                New Orleans Square
                Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                it's what they are like in their HEART!


                - Wolfette

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                  What is NOS?
                  New Orleans Square

                  I think Frontierland needs to be expanded. They need to say goodbye to the Festival Arena and build something good back there

                  Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    When they removed the Pack Mules and Nature's Wonderland from Frontierland it lost a lot of its scale and heart. As much as I love BTM, it's not the same feeling as before.
                    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I agree that there is more that could be done with Frontierland. In a lot of ways it seems/feels like a transition land. Developing the Thunder Ranch/Festival of Fools area would be a great start - from what I understand this area is already being considered for development. In addition, I think Disney should continue development around the northern edge of the rivers of America - perhaps a trail along the railroad tracks - that would finally give people a great in park view of the Disneyland locomotives (like you can do at WDW between Mickey's Toon Fair and Tommorowland). Bear County and Critter Country have always seemed to have an identity crisis and perhaps an expanded Frontierland could somehow incorporate Critter Country. Just a thought.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A couple of things:

                        A) Critter Crap, err I mean Critter Country is really a part of Frontierland and doesn't deserve to be it's own "land". Bear Country was the same. After all, this was where the Indian Village used to be.

                        B) New Orleans square is really a "sub" land of Frontierland, and if any land is a "transition" land, it's NOS between Adventureland and Frontierland, which makes perfect sense since New Orleans is close enough to the Caribbean and the Paddle Wheel steamers used to ply the Mississippi from St. Louis (gateway to the west) down to New Orleans. You walk out of Adventureland and you run right into NOS and - POTC!!! And it doesn't feel weird. New Orleans is humid and sultry and somewhat even feels semi tropical being so close to the Caribbean, and it's got a french colonial feel, obviously, as does parts of the Caribbean, and it's creole culture,voodoo etc., tropical plants and trees, and yet, the Paddle Wheel steamers came right down the Mississippi to New Orleans. Plus there is a quote from Walt himself, describing NOS as something like "what's new on the Riverbend of the Frontier" or something like that (Unfortunately my "Inside Disneyland" book is in storage back in California).

                        But anyway this is one reason I prefer DLP or MK over DL. The lands at DLP and MK are more distinct and delineated.

                        How many people here realize that at the MK at WDW that the concept was that you would move through American history from east to west across America, starting in Liberty Square (the east) and ending up in the far west at Thunder Mesa (BTM), with the Rivers of America inbetween? See it? It makes sense.
                        Last edited by Adventurer; 05-08-2005, 04:01 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You wanna talk about small. try Adventureland
                          pshhh i guess

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Adventurer
                            New Orleans square is really a "sub" land of Frontierland, and if any land is a "transition" land, it's NOS between Adventureland and Frontierland, which makes perfect sense since New Orleans is close enough to the Caribbean and the Paddle Wheel steamers used to ply the Mississippi from St. Louis (gateway to the west) down to New Orleans. You walk out of Adventureland and you run right into NOS and - POTC!!! And it doesn't feel weird. New Orleans is humid and sultry and somewhat even feels semi tropical being so close to the Caribbean, and it's got a french colonial feel, obviously, as does parts of the Caribbean, and it's creole culture,voodoo etc., tropical plants and trees, and yet, the Paddle Wheel steamers came right down the Mississippi to New Orleans. Plus there is a quote from Walt himself, describing NOS as something like "what's new on the Riverbend of the Frontier" or something like that (Unfortunately my "Inside Disneyland" book is in storage back in California).
                            I was going to say (like others) that Adventureland was really a lot smaller than Frontierland. But what you said really makes sense. NOS never really seemed to fit into the original "lands" idea that Walt had, and while it didn't take away from my enjoyment of it, it never really made a lot of sense to me. But what you said DID make sense. Good observations.
                            "George Bush... is only for now."
                            Avenue Q

                            Just because it's gone doesn't mean I changed my mind! :cwink:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Fronteirland is huge, just there's really nothing to do besides Big Thunder Mountain. They will eventually expand it and have a ride or two in big thunder ranch, maybe it could even extend all the way to the indian village.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
                                Fronteirland is huge, just there's really nothing to do besides Big Thunder Mountain. They will eventually expand it and have a ride or two in big thunder ranch, maybe it could even extend all the way to the indian village.
                                Except that REALLY there is a lot to do in Frontierland. Splash Mountain, I don't care what they say, is part of Frontierland, as Critter Crap is really just a part of Frontierland, and there are the canoes, and the Mark Twain, and rafts to Tom Sawyers Island, and frankly, the Keel Boats never should have left......nor the Country Bears....

                                Winnie the Poo, oops, I mean Pooh, sorry , does not belong where he is, he belongs in Fantasyland. But that was another idiot decision of the Pressler era.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Adventurer
                                  A couple of things:

                                  But anyway this is one reason I prefer DLP or MK over DL. The lands at DLP and MK are more distinct and delineated.
                                  It's funny, I actually like the way the lands blend together smoothly- I love the way you are in Adventureland and then suddenly NOS, but you never really notice it. I guess it's just a total matter of opinion!

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by grvtydefy
                                    It's funny, I actually like the way the lands blend together smoothly- I love the way you are in Adventureland and then suddenly NOS, but you never really notice it. I guess it's just a total matter of opinion!
                                    The transition between Adventureland and NOS is the only place in the park this happens smoothly in. Everything else is a mess (okay, Toontown is nicely distinct), just look at the disaster that is the muddled gray area between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland near the Sub Lagoon and the Matterhorn.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Yeah, I really agree with adventurer there. The sub lagoon area is in desperate need of HELP. You can see the tops of tomorrowland buildings with air conditioning equipment on top... you can even see a maintainance latter on top of one of the buildings. They should have a sign somewhere between this transition that says "Fantasyland".. But not make it tacky. And on the other side it would say "tomorrowland".

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        I still like the idea of having a "transition" land encompassing Sub Lagoon, MBC, Matterhorn and such. Someone mentioned expanding a little (just a little) with some retheming and calling it "Discovery Bay."

                                        I think the transitions in DL are good on the western side of the park. Also, you DLP and WDW were created and built waaay after DL so they had a chance to fix any meddling transitions... and WDW had way more land. I don't think you give DL enough credit... hahaha...
                                        Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


                                        -- robotarmada.net --

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X