Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How deep is Rivers of America...Jungle cruise?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How deep is Rivers of America...Jungle cruise?

Does anyone know the depth of Rivers of america or the jungle cruise? I've seen photos of it empty but cannot really tell.

Re: How deep is Rivers of America...Jungle cruise?

I think it is 8 feet in the middle where the track is and about 3 to 4 feet on the side.
    Jason

Comment

I've heard the Rivers of America are at the deepest 20 feet, but near the banks about 5 feet.

Comment

RoA is 6'-6" at centerline (track route). Jungle Cruise is 5'-0" average at track route.

Comment

I've heard varying accounts of the depth of RoA... anywhere from 6'6" to 20'... nobody seems to know the actual amount. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by King of the Frogs
            RoA is 6'-6" at centerline (track route). Jungle Cruise is 5'-0" average at track route.
            Ditto.
            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

The photos is this update http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl030310xx clearly show that the ROA is nowhere near being 20' deep.

The river only needs to be deep enough to hide the rails beneath the surface. Why on earth would Disney dig a 20 foot deep trench? You know how deep 20 feet is? Even the deep end of an olympic-sized swimming pool isn't that deep!

Comment

I was there a few years ago when ROA was drained it is not 20 feet deep.... 8 at most I would say
                The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

On Jungle Cruise the depth is from 4 feet to 8 feet. 5 feet at the docks. 4 feet at the lost safari party which is a ramp down into the river bed. The rocks around the pole cover up a drive way that goes to the giant doors in the Indy tunnel. When the ramp is used the rocks are just moved to the sides. 8 feet at the hippo pool because of the hydralics which raise the hippos.

Comment

Somewhere deep in my vault of dusty old memories I have an image of canoers standing in waist-deep water in the ROA after their canoe capsized. Did I dream this up long ago, or has this really happened?
                    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                    2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                    sigpic

Comment

Interesting, I would have never guess RoA was that shallow, i guess its Disney Magic that makes it look like 50 ft deep.

Comment

New, similar question: How deep is Paradise Bay at DCA?...

Comment

Originally posted by FutureImagineer183
                          Interesting, I would have never guess RoA was that shallow, i guess its Disney Magic that makes it look like 50 ft deep.
                          Well, of COURSE it's Disney Magic!

(That, and some strategically added green dye in the water so you can't see the bottom... This is why the water treatment loop for the Motorboat Criuse, Castle Moat, Jungle Cruise and Rivers Of America is referred to as the "Dark Water System.")
                          Originally posted by Goldenstate5
                          New, similar question: How deep is Paradise Bay at DCA?...
                          About the same, 8 feet at the outside. They had it partially drained when they installed the 'island' for Illuminaria.

--<< Bruce >>--
                          There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

though where the motor boat cruse one was , you can see the bottom , and it looks to be only about 1 foot or so deep

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by GrimmGreen
                              though where the motor boat cruse one was , you can see the bottom , and it looks to be only about 1 foot or so deep
                              Just because its part of the same "system" doesn't mean its all the same depth....

It just means that the "plumbing" is connected, and one flows into the other.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X