Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Magazine still being published?

I was wondering if the Disney Magazine is still being published because I havent seen it since the 50th issue.

Re: Disney Magazine still being published?

Nope, that was its last issue . They stopped publishing it.

Comment

NOPE! Unfortunately the 50th was the final copy! Now it is a collector's item. Laughingplace is the new magazine that is similar to the Disney Magazine but I cancelled my subscription because it was too colorful, glossy, and expensive. The articles were OK but there was just too much pazazz in the pages that made the magazine not worth the money.

BRING BACK DISNEY MAGAZINE!!! OR AT LEAST PUT IT ONLINE FOR DISNEY E-MAGAZINE!

Comment

The Summer 2005 issue was the last issue of Disney Magazine published. Disney abruptly ceased publication to focus more on web-based news sources like the Disney Insider.

I still miss it.
        Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Are you serious? How much is the last issue worth?

Comment

Oh well, we AP holders still have the advertising circular. Sorry, I mean "Backstage Pass."
            sigpic

Comment

theres a shop here in sacramento where you can get older issues, 2001-2005 (i think) i have a few, but i dont know if they got any of the last issue. that sucks, i wanted to subscribe some day!
              sigpic

Comment

I loved that magazine, and was very disappointed when they stopped publishing it and started sending out that family "fun" magazine instead; what a poor substitute. Not nearly as fun as original publication.

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout
                  I loved that magazine, and was very disappointed when they stopped publishing it and started sending out that family "fun" magazine instead; what a poor substitute. Not nearly as fun as original publication.
                  I took the money back for all the issues left in my subscription option. It is so funny how on the little post card they made the advertisment for getting the other magazines big in veruy small print at the bottom they said that we can get the rest of our money back.

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout
                    I agree not exactly a good "substitute" however the magazine does seem beneficial for those that have rugrats. Great many projects to keep them entertained although not Disney style entertainment!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
                      I agree not exactly a good "substitute" however the magazine does seem beneficial for those that have rugrats. Great many projects to keep them entertained although not Disney style entertainment!!!!
                      It's beneficial if you have rugrats. I don't. I thought Family Fun was a bad choice as a replacement--it targets a whole different demographic than Disney Magazine did.

I took the refund.
                      Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerfan
                        Are you serious? How much is the last issue worth?
                        Not just yet but if you wait about 50 years.........
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/DISNEY-MAGAZINE-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

I first developed an interest in The Walt Disney Company, as a whole, when I was a little kid and I saw Disney News being sold at the Storybook Store. The cast of "The Golden Girls" was on the cover, and the magazine was very impressive. My mother bought that issue for me in 1984 or 1985, and I maintained a subscription until the publication's demise.

I would read the magazine from cover to cover, and I saved every issue.

Then, around the time that every other part of Disney seemed to fall apart, circa 1994, the magazine, too, was reduced to a Family Fun clone when some stupid person or persons in the company decided to move the operation of the publication from California to New York City. They also unwisely changed the name to Disney Magazine while simultaneously losing the focus on news, and other stories of a timely nature.

The only good decision that was made during this transition was the expansion of circulation since the periodical was then distributed to newsstands. However, the Disney Magazine still only published four issues each year.

The magazine amounted to a giant advertisement for The Walt Disney Company, so I can't understand the reason the company would stop publishing it. But, with Michael Eisner in charge of Disney, I stopped asking, "Why?", a long time ago.

The loss of Disney News was a major travesty in a decade full of missteps and wrongheadedness. Disney should have, instead, returned to the Disney News format and expanded distribution, as well as the presence of the organization in other media (Internet, television, etc.).

Disney Magazine relied on the goodwill people felt towards Disney, itself. And, that fact probably explains the reason that circulation may have been on the decline. Also, without new animated features and new theme park attractions, there wasn't much good news to report. It's the flip-side of corporate synergy, and that effect also contributed to the demise of businesses like The Disney Stores. The heart and soul of the company was Feature Animation and Imagineering, and Michael Eisner ripped both from the body of Walt Disney to let the corpse rot in the *******'s wake.

Comment

Bring it back! the backstage pass is ok but it doesnt compare to the old issues!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X