This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Making a trip for one ride**

Anyone ever take a trip to DL to just ride one ride? My wife and I were thinking about going for a day in early July with our only objective to be to ride POTC. Our family thinks we're crazy for going down there to ride one ride. What are everyones thoughts?

Re: **Making a trip for one ride**

If you have the time, and the AP, and the desire, hang what everyone else thinks - go for it!

Comment

I go for one ride all the time, or just to get food. (hmm... bangal bbq...)

I agree with danyoung: if you are close, and have an AP.... why not?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude
        if you are close, and have an AP.... why not?
        Well we are in the sacramento area so we're not that close. Don't get me wrong, I can care less what anyone says and we're definitely going....I was more curious if other out-of-towners do this.

Comment

I am from Phoenix and we made a trip just to see the fireworks one night.
          sigpic

Comment

Go for one or two ride and some foods and I may buy some disney thing.
            AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
            Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
            Older photo
            New Photo

Member of
            MiceChat WDW Trip
            Next trip
            2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Even going to a Disney park to not ride anything is worth the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
                Even going to a Disney park to not ride anything is worth the trip.
                I could not agree more...Given the opportunity you should ALWAYS visit the park

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                  Anyone ever take a trip to DL to just ride one ride? My wife and I were thinking about going for a day in early July with our only objective to be to ride POTC. Our family thinks we're crazy for going down there to ride one ride. What are everyones thoughts?
                  Maybe a little crazy, but after I ride it I will be the same... I bet I will love it so much that I will have to take a trip just to ride it.

Also I think it's ok to be a little crazy in a good way... it's ok I am an artist. Everyone in my classes is nutz

from Jeff

Comment

When I lived in Santa Monica I went about once during the week just to the Haunted Mansion Holiday and then leave. Then I would go for a full day on the weekend.

It would be cool because it was such a whirlwind visit!
                    sigpic
                    Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                      I was more curious if other out-of-towners do this.
                      My husband and I just flew down on 5/22/06 from Santa Cruz: we were at DL from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm. Caught the 8:20 pm flight to SJC. We are not AP'ers either. I wanted to go for my 40th Birthday, so we did!

I say do you what you want, you only live once!

Comment

i also live in "the sacramento area" and was just wondering if you would fly? cause 7ish hours driving both ways for one day would be rough. i cant wait to be back there though!:yea:
                        sigpic

Comment

I drove a friend (who can't drive) to an awards dinner at USH one evening last fall. We got a late start. I dropped her off, drove to DLR, did HMH, and drove back. Not quite the same thing, but definitely worth it - first time I'd done the holiday version. Although I'll be going for the whole day when I ride the new Pirates, I would drive up there just for that if I had to.
                          sigpic

Comment

I went to Disneyland lots of times just to go spend some time there before classes when I used to CSUF. Even went when I was supposed to be in class! I went recently on the 4th specifically to ride Haunted Mansion after the new bride was officially in the attic. I showed up shortly after 7pm and left about 8:30pm. I went on HM three times and once on Splash and it was great!
                            http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                            www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                            http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Originally posted by skratch addict
                              i also live in "the sacramento area" and was just wondering if you would fly? cause 7ish hours driving both ways for one day would be rough. i cant wait to be back there though!:yea:
                              Flying is definitely more expensive and IMO not that much faster. It's probably at least a 4-5 hour process to get to the airport early, take the flight, get onto a shuttle/rentacar (more money) , go to hotel, and finally make our way to the parks.

We'd probably drive down on friday after work, go to the parks saturday and leave sunday morning.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X