Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obligatory photos of the drained Motor Boat Cruise!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope the sludge doesn't smell as bad as it looks ; )

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
      Unless you are planing on waking up Real early to get in line for these to get in line for DL on July 17... and currently live in FLA.. (Why not build permanent ones like at WDW.... MK & MGM are far outside the entrance.. (Epcot & AK are right there..)
      Obviously, this is a good idea...it's just too bad there is no budget to implement it during this fiscal year.
      -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
      -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
      --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

Does anyone here _really_ think they can put in a ride on a track that has not been maintianed in 17 years in less than a month?

Does anyone really think that the walls are going to stay up around the subs for 0505 or 0717?

Think it through folks.
        -AmandasDad

Comment

Originally posted by AmandasDad
          Does anyone here _really_ think they can put in a ride on a track that has not been maintianed in 17 years in less than a month?

Does anyone really think that the walls are going to stay up around the subs for 0505 or 0717?

Think it through folks.
          Hmmm... A ride built well, as they were back in MBC's day, could easily have a track that just needs to be inspected and dummy tested. How long did the Splash refurb take? And that included new vehicle design as well as all sorts of show repair and refurb. For all we know, the boats have either been in storage or being rebuilt from scratched based on original blueprints, just waiting.

Besides, as you point out, there is the question of bad show. Yes, work walls are bad show. So are empty attractions. particularly if they don't refill the water in MBC. So, you want to know the difference between empty attractions and work walls? The impression of PROGRESS. Disneyland probably won't have a preview center during the 50th, but a nice work wall with a few "We're Imagineering a new attraction for you!" signs will give people hope, and get them to come back after the 50th is over. An empty canal and lagoon will remind people of how the park has gone to pot the last decade or so.
          See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
          78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas
            One thing that I have noticed on this board, is just how creative we all are. It makes me wonder who has creative control over DL. Some of the ideas that this board has generated are priceless! If Disney would read this board, they would do some great things. I am really impressed. If we only had a voice. Hmmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by ModHatter
              Hmmm... A ride built well, as they were back in MBC's day, could easily have a track that just needs to be inspected and dummy tested. How long did the Splash refurb take? And that included new vehicle design as well as all sorts of show repair and refurb. For all we know, the boats have either been in storage or being rebuilt from scratched based on original blueprints, just waiting.

Besides, as you point out, there is the question of bad show. Yes, work walls are bad show. So are empty attractions. particularly if they don't refill the water in MBC. So, you want to know the difference between empty attractions and work walls? The impression of PROGRESS. Disneyland probably won't have a preview center during the 50th, but a nice work wall with a few "We're Imagineering a new attraction for you!" signs will give people hope, and get them to come back after the 50th is over. An empty canal and lagoon will remind people of how the park has gone to pot the last decade or so.
              Hear hear! My sentiments exactly! Now if only they would utilize all the other dead space in the park in similar ways...
              ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

Speaking of Pooh ride... I still hold with my assertion that MBC is where Pooh should have gone. Toss in a few all-weather AA's, Eeyore's house and a Pooh Stix bridge, and voila! No need to evict the country bears!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Hmmm...

Aquatopia sounds like a good idea, if they could get it to start in Tomorrowland...

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                    Speaking of Pooh ride... I still hold with my assertion that MBC is where Pooh should have gone. Toss in a few all-weather AA's, Eeyore's house and a Pooh Stix bridge, and voila! No need to evict the country bears!
                    Pooh Sticks... Sounds funny every time. But that is a pretty great idea. And they could have adapted certain elements of Blustery Day to a water ride like MBC.

Of course, if they were spending a Pooh-sized budget on it, what they coud have also done is use the same idea as the current Pooh queue. You could pass through little covered areas, or even pass through a couple of doors into a small showbuilding. You might have to put up a Pooh facade on the MBC end but theme the rest of the exterior to Autopia, but it woud allow for some other AAs.
                    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
                    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X