Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granted, I'm one of only a small minority of people who can't go on Star Tours because of motion sickness (Star Trek in Vegas:same thing) and thus have no real feelings about it one way or the other, but I really loved and miss ATIS. For others of you who miss it too, check out this site I just discovered: a virtual tour of the ride has been reconstructed.
    http://www.atommobiles.com
    Way cool!!!
    Sam

"Are you always this articulate?"
    --Megara--

Comment

Yeah... The merits of Star Tours and ATIS will always be debatable. What isn't debatable is that many other Tomorrowland locations would close within a few years of Star Tours' opening anyway, so we could have gotten rid of Mission to Mars instead, or maybe found some more important purpose for the Carousel Theater than office space. Maybe Magic Eye could have hosted Star Tours, and we could have gotten a 3-D Circlevision "Captain EO."

But I guess in Eisner's world, people don't want so many rides to go on in an amusement park.
      See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
      78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
      Working...
      X