This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My RCT2 Disneyland

I know I made a thread about this already concerning my monorail (and as an update, i've decided to just leave it out and keep Peoplemover running). This is not an all inclusive list, but does this sound like a good Disneyland? Any changes you would make?

By the way: RCT2 (Roller Coaster Tycoon 2) is a PC Game, in which you build a theme park.

Here's my park:

TOMORROWLAND
    -Peoplemover
    -Submarine Voyage
    -Autopia
    -Carousel of Progress
    -Space Mountain
    -Alien Encounter
    -Skyway
    -Cosmic Waves
    -Starjets (rocket jets ride)
    -Flying Saucers
    -Take Flight (a ride formerly in WDW that became Buzz Lightyear)
    -Storm Rider
    -Starcade
    -Space Mountain
    -Mission to Mars (I just made it a darkride basically)
    -Circlevision (I made up a film called Century 3000 depicting future life)

FANTASYLAND
    -Pooh's Hunny Hunt
    -Fantasyland Theater
    -Mermaidventure (arial mermaid darkride)
    -Snow White's Adventures
    -Sleeping Beauty Castle
    -Carrousel
    -Peter Pan
    -Matterhorn
    -Motor Boat Cruise
    -Journey Into Your Imagination (from WDW Epcot)
    -Image Works (from WDW Epcot)
    -Storybookland Canal Boats (no Circus Train though, no need for both)
    -Skyway
    -Kitchen Kabaret (defunct, from WDW Epcot)
    -Alice's Curious Labyrinth (maze from Disneyland Paris)
    -Mickey's Philhar Magic
    -Alice in Wonderland
    -Mad Tea Party
    -Dumbo
    -The Incredible Adventure (adventure darkride based on The Incredibles movie, heck I know its a cartoon attraction but its where it belongs in FANTASYLAND)

ADVENTURELAND
    Same as normal Disneyland, except:

-Pirates of the Caribbean is in here, because I dont have New Oreans Square
    -Aladdin's Oasis is open as an eating venue
    -I have the Adventureland Challenge, which was a treasure hunt in WDW until 2000

FRONTIERLAND
    Same as regular Disneyland.

TOONTOWN
    Same as regular Disneyland, but I have the Jolly Trolley working and the Acorn Crawl.

WONDERS OF LIFE (This is a theme area from WDW Epcot)
    Is exactly as it is in WDW Epcot.

MAIN STREET
    I dont have an Opera House yet. I cant think of a way to disguise and theme it. Because in RCT2 the cinema buildings look like The Epcot Spaceship Earth at WDW. And that's not approriate--it looks futuristic.

The rest of main street in my Disneyland is eateries, shops, and a tram ride called Main Street Vehicles.

I have a railroad stopping at Main Street, Frontierland and Tomorrowlannd.

I have NO CLUE what else to put in! The park is not totally filled yet. I have some room, especially near Adventureland, and behind Space Mountain. I just have no ideas--besides junky, cartoon based "futuristic" rides for TL (behind Space).

So my theme areas--do they sound good with their rides? Remember I have Main Street, Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Mickey's Toontown and Wonders of Life.
    Last edited by Kevie; 04-09-2005, 07:13 PM. Reason: Forgot a few things in Tomorrowland

Hey, sound's like you're on the right track. I'm workin on an RCT2 Disneyland also, good luck with that.
    I have just one simple suggestion, put a few more of your own ideas into your park. It doesn't have to be all cloned or beloved old attractions. Personalize your creation, let it be your unique place. I saw a few of your own ideas in there, put a few more in.
    Good Luck!
    Post it when your done? :o
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

So, when are you going to try it in RCT3? I have seen some Disneyland works in progress using RCT3 and the choices are much closer than in the previous versions. Now that my computer has been pushed up a few notches, the RCT3 is working just fine. I have also found lots of littel "Easter Eggs" that the creators put in this gamel, like when you rename peeps with certain names, things happen that are very cool. Also on the Atari Forums board, someone has done most of the Disneyland Firerworks shows and if you register on his website for free you can download then, inclduing Beleiver, There's Magic in the sky. I haven't registered yet, but I am thinking about it.
      Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

If someone tells me how--I'm clueless as to how to post it for downloading.

I am trying to THINK of my own ideas, just having trouble. I almost made Jungle Cruise a JAWS ride instead, but realized JAWS isnt disney.

I have RCT3, and play it occasionally, but I just like RCT 2 better. BUilding/clicking to build next section is much faster, and I can live with not having nighttime, fireworks, and a couple rides being off.

I accidently forgot to include Motion Simulator as a ride available in the Scenario Maker. For Storm Rider I just used an indoor enterprise. What difference does it truly make--it's indoors (invisible) anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MotorBoatCruise2005

I am trying to THINK of my own ideas, just having trouble. I almost made Jungle Cruise a JAWS ride instead, but realized JAWS isnt disney.
          I'm not sure how to post them either. I hope someone knows!
          I wasn't being insulting, it was just a suggestion.
          It sounds like your park is fantastic!

BTW: I also find RCT3 to be a little more difficult to handle, plus, I find RCT2 to be a lot more detailed visually, which I really like!
          In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

It's pretty good. Though my Fantasyland might be a little wrong. I simply used bright colors instead of doing "European" themed buildings. It looks better, bright and cheery and flowery.

What did you do for your park? what are some rides in it?

Comment

Oh, I'm not far. I'm still working on potential attractions and a bunch of sketches. I'm really concentrating on Frontierland. I'm trying to focus it on four main sections of the frontier...
              The Delta - New Orleans
              Eureka Flats - California
              Dixieland - Splash Mountain
              The Northwoods - Minnesota

Really, that's as far as I've gotten. Although I am almost finished with Main Street.

DoppelV

Comment

Do you think making a bright Fantasyland is a bad idea? For instance my Skyway station is blue and purple instead of a europe motife.

Comment

Do you think making a bright Fantasyland is a bad idea? For instance my Skyway station is blue and purple instead of a europe motife.
                  Hey, it is Fantasyland, make it exciting, unusual and definitely make it BRIGHT! Right On!

DoppelV

Comment

Also in Tomorrowland should I do Rocket Rods on Peoplemover track instead? I could make "Streamlined Monorail" cars REALLY short and they'd look like Rods. Or I could do a new actual coaster track--powered mine train--around TL with Rods.

Unfortunately, with powrered mine train, a "Rod" only shoots by every 60 secs or so. It's vital to have something come by more often than that. That's why Rods on PM track would be better in a sense. Whatcha think?

Comment

Whats the link to the RCT3 Belive fireworks?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                      ~

Comment

All you need to do is find the saved game file, zip it up and then upload it. If you're using custom scenery then just amke sure you have "Export Objects" turned on.

For PM/RR here is my suggestion: Using one of the flat coaster tracks is probably best. Just hack on a different car for whichever you choose. For PM one of the small monorails would rpobably work best. And for RR the tobagan or rocket coaster car. If you are doing Rocket Rods you'd probably have to have hacked lifts that move faster in orderto maintain speed.

Comment

Hey lazyboy970 -

You forgot to tell them about the ridemaking tutorials and Dr J's Object Editor...

www.rct2.com

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

BUMP

I removed Wonders of Life

But I need ride ideas for some lands! Im bored!

Comment

Here is my Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Edition for RCT 2: http://superiorpcs.smugmug.com/gallery/153427
                              Just follow the instructions at the top to get it.

Comment

I love RCT2! And RCT3 is good too.

As for new rides... A ride I built in my Futuristic land of one of my parks was just like the rocket rods. I think I may have a picture around here somewhere of it, It was really cool! You could put it behind Space mountain and even have it ride around Space mountain and into the main area of tomorrowland for a while, then head back.

What I did to make this rocket rods attraction was use a standing twister rollercoster. Made it so there was 4 cars per train, made a ton of trains, then built the track. The track had rare ups and downs, and used speed inclines to keep a fast pased, (non-banked turn) speed ride. Don't make it go to fast though, since there is no banked turns it may be a bit scary for people.

EDIT: Oh yea, BUt you can't just have the supports barren. There was a special type of theming I used (forgot the name) that came on one of the expansion packs (I think it was the time twister expanision pack)I used all the walls from this futuristic theming to cover up the supporst and make the ride look like it was being supported by futuristic structures.
                                Last edited by Disneylandrocks55; 04-19-2005, 08:50 PM.

Comment

sigh

This sucks everyone is so good at these games, and my rct3 doesnt work on my comp cus its dell and it sucks blach and my rct2 is stuck in my old puter so i cant play it inless i re buy it
                                  ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFanaticBoy
                                    This sucks everyone is so good at these games, and my rct3 doesnt work on my comp cus its dell and it sucks blach and my rct2 is stuck in my old puter so i cant play it inless i re buy it
                                    It isnt your computer, RCT 3 has a major flaw and that is it lags on every single darn computer no matter what specs you have. Now you know why I dont make it for RCT 3.

Comment

Does anyone else have the problem in RCT 3 where the water CANNOT be seen except for little ripples with your mouse?

In all RCT games doesnt anyone wish you could drain water from lagoons without taking out the tracks that may be in it? That's annoying!

Comment

blah

well that sucks, cus i wanna play in sandbox mode
                                        ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X