Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Need help tracking down Pirates of the Caribbean answer

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need help tracking down Pirates of the Caribbean answer

    I just got back from 7 days in various islands in the Caribbean. I have a lot of photos of forts that were built for defense from pirates (so the signs said) that look like the fort in the Pirates ride, and pictures from underwater caves and grottos that look like the caves and grottos in the ride. There's even a cannon and ammunition ramp I took pictures of that looks like the final scene in the ride.

    So my question is, for an upcoming post, is there any information on actual locations that the imagineers used for the ride, either via photos, or in person visits? Cities or islands in particular?

  • #2
    Re: Need help tracking down Pirates of the Caribbean answer

    In the book "A Brush With Disney" it talks about Herb Ryman doing research for Pirates in San Juan. it specifically has drawins of an old gate at the end of Christo steet, and a Tavern, as well as pictures of Ryman at a fort (probably El Morro)
    VISIT my sketchblog: M54

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Need help tracking down Pirates of the Caribbean answer

      Originally posted by Yendorb
      In the book "A Brush With Disney" it talks about Herb Ryman doing research for Pirates in San Juan. it specifically has drawins of an old gate at the end of Christo steet, and a Tavern, as well as pictures of Ryman at a fort (probably El Morro)
      Perfect... all of which I have pictures of, and which match portions of the attraction. I'll do a photo posting later this weekend!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Need help tracking down Pirates of the Caribbean answer

        Originally posted by Frogberto
        Perfect... all of which I have pictures of, and which match portions of the attraction. I'll do a photo posting later this weekend!
        Wow, that will be amazing to see! Thanks in advance!

        Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

        Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
        Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Need help tracking down Pirates of the Caribbean answer

          OK....how do I get to be Frogberto?

          Club 33 membership....

          Vacations to the Caribbean....

          Hangs out at Disneyland most mornings.....


          Jealous? Who's jealous?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Need help tracking down Pirates of the Caribbean answer

            Originally posted by localdisnyfan
            OK....how do I get to be Frogberto?

            Club 33 membership....

            Vacations to the Caribbean....

            Hangs out at Disneyland most mornings.....


            Jealous? Who's jealous?
            I think the secret is law school.

            Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
            Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

            Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
            Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Need help tracking down Pirates of the Caribbean answer

              Originally posted by localdisnyfan
              OK....how do I get to be Frogberto?

              Club 33 membership....

              Vacations to the Caribbean....

              Hangs out at Disneyland most mornings.....


              Jealous? Who's jealous?
              maybe its some sort of witness protection, in that case i need to witness something!
              sigpic

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X