Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dole Whip at Home (Now with Experiments!)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dole Whip at Home (Now with Experiments!)

    Since a lot of people have asked before, I figured I'd share:

    I found Dole Whip mix available for purchase online at http://www.uec-hawaii.com/products2.html (it's the 3rd item down).

    Mine just arrived today. :thumbup:
    disneyphile@gmail.com

  • #2
    Re: Dole Whip at Home

    I know you said it ARRIVED but have you actually tired it yet? Is it good, is it still tasty without the Tiki ambience?????

    Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Dole Whip at Home

      Originally posted by a_hyperbole
      I know you said it ARRIVED but have you actually tired it yet? Is it good, is it still tasty without the Tiki ambience?????
      I'm still at work.

      And it will be enjoyed with Tiki ambience - of which we also have at home. (Photos will be coming soon in a seperate thread.)

      I have big, big plans for this stuff. Not only will it be used in a small soft-serve machine, but I plan on mixing it in a blender with some ice and Malibu for a little Drinki Drinki.

      Also - I am going to reconstitute some of it into a syrup consistency and add it to my fresh soda water in an experiment to make Enchanted Tiki Soda.

      The last option (soda) I'll be attempting this evening.
      disneyphile@gmail.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Dole Whip at Home

        do you need a machine to make it?
        My Roadtrip Photos

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Dole Whip at Home

          Where do you get a soft serve machine? The site looks like the products are for professional machines (like Dairy Queen has).

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Dole Whip at Home

            Originally posted by Disneyphile
            I have big, big plans for this stuff. Not only will it be used in a small soft-serve machine, but I plan on mixing it in a blender with some ice and Malibu for a little Drinki Drinki.
            Have I told you lately that I :love: you???? *bats eyelashes*

            Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
            Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

            Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
            Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Dole Whip at Home

              Hahahaha, yessss.

              Do tell us how your experiments turn out.

              If sucessful, I myself will order some of this mixed goodness for my future wedding. I keep telling everyone that I want to have dole whips there




              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Dole Whip at Home

                Amazon.com has some home-sized soft-serve ice cream makers starting at $30. Surprisingly, there are a few different brands.

                The mix is dry, so you just reconstitute it with tap water and pour it in your ice-cream maker or experiment with other methods, as I'm also doing. You can mix up the whole bag or just a little bit.
                disneyphile@gmail.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Dole Whip at Home

                  yum!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Dole Whip at Home

                    Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict
                    If sucessful, I myself will order some of this mixed goodness for my future wedding. I keep telling everyone that I want to have dole whips there
                    You just gave me another experiment idea - Dole Whip frosting........
                    disneyphile@gmail.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Dole Whip at Home

                      Originally posted by Disneyphile
                      You just gave me another experiment idea - Dole Whip frosting........
                      My goodness...you're brilliant!




                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Dole Whip at Home

                        Originally posted by a_hyperbole
                        I know you said it ARRIVED but have you actually tired it yet? Is it good, is it still tasty without the Tiki ambience?????
                        A, DP has a Tiki dining room, so she foes not have to go far for ambiance really!!!!! (BTW, DP, the living room looks GREAT)

                        Glad to hear you willl have homemade dole whips soon!!!
                        Katie :yea:
                        Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                        :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!








                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Dole Whip at Home

                          Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict
                          My goodness...you're brilliant!
                          I'll let you know how that turns out. After all, it's a powder mix - should be able to be used as a sugar substitute when making frosting.
                          disneyphile@gmail.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Dole Whip at Home

                            Let us know how it goes Yum
                            :crazylegs

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Dole Whip at Home

                              waiting patiently.. lol

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X