This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Item on Ebay

So, my husband came across this item on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3AUS%3A1&rd=1

A quote from the description:

THIS IS A ONE OF A KIND DISNEYLAND 35TH ANNIVERSARY JACKET. IT WAS COMMISSIONED AS A POSSIBLE ITEM TO SELL AT UNIVERSAL STUDIOS.

We emailed the seller and asked why would they sell a Disneyland Jacket at Universal Studios. She wrote back and said that "they used to do that".

So, is this woman delusional or what?

Re: Item on Ebay

Thanks for sharing
    :crazylegs

Comment

Delusional.

I'm sure it is actual Disney sample, the kind you get whenever you order jackets or t-shirts or caps, but for sale at universal?
      VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

Looks like something an amateur had embroidered at a local trophy shop. My old letterman jacket has better graphics.

Delusional IMO.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
        Everyone says that the U.S. doesnt make anything anymore, but thats not exactly true. Were the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Crazy lady lol
          #1 favorite ride: Parking Structure :thumbup:

Comment

Well, on one hand, the seller is correct, it IS a 'one of a kind item' because they only made one piece of shiit like that at the swap meet. It even looks like it smells like cigarette smoke and cat pee.

I bid $10... to NEVER see it again.

Comment

$200.00 for a starting bid? That seems awfully steep for something so ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pillbug2
                $200.00 for a starting bid? That seems awfully steep for something so ugly.
                If you notice, there are no bids and it ends tomorrow.

Comment

So... if I make something at home, then send a picture to Disney and ask them if they'd like to make me rich by selling bazillions of them in the parks, and Disney tells me to take a hike, I can at least sell my sample on eBay for big bucks? Is that it?
                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                  -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

(a stray thought: you can buy a whoopee cushion in Disneyland. This jacket, however, was turned down.)
                    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

I agree on the ugliness. Does seem a little simple to be real.

As for selling at Universal, Disney merchandise can now be found at your local Six Flags. So it could have been the case for Universal.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                        As for selling at Universal, Disney merchandise can now be found at your local Six Flags. So it could have been the case for Universal.
                        Are you kidding me? That is just down right discouraging! No wonder collectibles have seemingly begun to depreciate!

This jacket, however, looks just like someone decided to make it as a joke - or someone couldn't afford a real DL jacket and made their own version! This is Easy As Pie if you have artwork and work in an embroidery shop (or know someone who does!)! I saw so called "samples" when I had my letter jacket embroidered 19 years ago - the place where my school contracted to had no scruples of "copywritten" materials. They had everything imaginable with designs on it that were not theirs! When I decorated cakes at Baskin Robbins we couldn't make the least reference to anything copywritten unless BR had a contract to use their figurines on the cakes - which is fairly standard copywrite.

I am still staggered that you can infact buy Disney items at Six Flags over hell!

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                          I agree on the ugliness. Does seem a little simple to be real.

Even if some things with Disney characters can be found I doubt very much that they would sell something that said Disneyland on it.

Comment

Seems delusional, if you were going to make a sample jacket why would you do it in a womans XXLG. Wouldn't a more regular size do? Was probably made by someone with an embroidery machine.

Comment

I have a DL name tag with the 35th logo on it. It is a castle with a 35 on it. The design looks a little retro on the jacket. I believe that retro wasn't in style 15 years ago in 1991. The design on the jacket looks more like the 50th stuff.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X