Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Blue Bayou

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue Bayou

This menu proves that the refurb is all about the movie franchise and has almost little to do with improving POTC the ride. The improvements to the actual attraction are only to make the movie characters look better. There is no way they would invest this money just to improve the ride itself without the movie agenda and that is what I don't understand with Disney these days.

On a higher note at least the ride got some attention which it desperately needed, but at what price?
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 06-02-2006, 04:10 PM.

Comment

OMG... is seriously the new menu?
      Seriously? Come on now.
      Mel... can you confirm this?
      Ugh, I'm getting queasy.
      and yes, if it is almost $20 for a monte cristo... This will turn into even more of a swpecial occassion restaurant
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland
        OMG... is seriously the new menu?
        Seriously? Come on now.
        Mel... can you confirm this?
        Ugh, I'm getting queasy.
        and yes, if it is almost $20 for a monte cristo... This will turn into even more of a swpecial occassion restaurant
        I am getting sick just by seeing the movie characters on the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by rytheguy
          I just got off the phone with Disney Dining and they just recieved the new menu today! They sent it to my E-mail in PDF format so i can't copy and paste the whole thing here. I have good and bad news. First the good, Monte Cristo is still on the menu!!! the bad is that the prices are a bit higher, a monte cristo is 18.99 and there is little to none for under 29.99 on the lunch menu, more bad news is tht the menus are covered in pictures of Depp, as Jack Sparrow, and Davey Jones. The Dinner menu is actually not any more expensive, unless you choose filet minon or crab legs.

*Edit*
          I took a screenshot of the lunch menu, here it is.
          Any chance you could email me those pdfs of the lunch/dinner menu?

mattmason@san.rr.com

Comment

$20 uh? Well I guess I won't be eating there anytime soon. Hopefully the the places serving it outside of the BB won't have it that expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
              I am getting sick just by seeing the movie characters on the menu.
              Any hope this could be some sort of sick, twisted Photoshop joke?
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

anychance i could get an email of the menu too? dchun2007@yahoo.com
                i'm trying to plan a special event for my teacher who just got engaged. Thanks....sheesh these prices are way too high now for me
                Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
                [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Comment

Okay, I agree - what's with Davy Jones??? Really stomach turning - I hope he doesn't show up too much in the ride either.
                  sigpic
                  Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

You guys are the best!!!! I just read the thread and immediately called Disney to add our Priority Seatings for June! Yeah!!!!!! Lunch on Monday June 26th and lunch on June 29th at 11:30. My daughter was excited because now no one has to stand in line to get ps's, and we can ALL run 1st thing to Splash Mountain!!!! Also, the cast member said she'd email me the menu as well. She giggled and seemed a bit surprised that someone would request it over the phone. Happy dance!! Three weeks and all our PS's are made!!!!!!! Thank you again!

Comment

Just a note for all the naysayers who started out insisting I, and by proxy Al, must be wrong. Often, Al gets tipped off by various and sundry people on the inside :whistling when the idea isn't totally signed-off-on and (this is the important part) has not been chiseled in stone by being announced to the public.

They can rescind or modify ANY decision up to 5 minutes before it is to go into effect, no matter how much time and money they spent to get ready for the change, as long as the press release hasn't been sent out yet. If the public hears a rumor and starts storming City Hall, they can deny everything and cancel the change quietly.

Just run the freshly printed new menus (with the changes) through a commercial-grade paper shredder, and it's as if they never existed. (These are not the droids you are looking for...)

And applying for an On-Sale Beer and Wine liquor license for the Blue Bayou is something they can't hide - they have to post the new or modification liquor license application in the window several months ahead of time - and that one would stir up the Torches and Pitchforks crowd post haste.:mob: Onward to City Hall...

The folks at the Disney Dining reservation center are going to be the last to know - they will be given the green light to start taking reservations (if they haven't already), but they might not find out about the changes till they happen.

MelMel confirms she has heard that there will be changes, but even if she knew all the little details (which I doubt) she's not allowed to tell anyone. Or at least, not yet.

--<< Bruce >>--
                      There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLUVZAriel
                        Can you please tell me what the cheapest thing on the menu is besides a glass of water

Thanks

from Jeff
                        I think toast can be arranged if you ask.

EDIT: $30 Prime Rib..... Well, considering that Prime Rib is $25 in most of WDW's less-than-signature restaurants (like the GF & Poly cafes) that doesn't seem TOO bad. It's not something I'd run across state lines for, though, since I can get the buffet at Bellagio for that price. But if I were going to DL for another 1 or 2 day venture, that would be acceptable.

I think people should give Matt & Co a chance before they dismiss the restaurant entirely on it's price and menu designs. How much of the park has he ruined yet?
                        Last edited by MickeyMania; 06-02-2006, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat in WA
                          She giggled and seemed a bit surprised that someone would request it over the phone.
                          I already had my priority seating taken care of and all I called for was the menu. The lady seemed pretty shocked and excited for me too. She was very happy to tell me that that they had just recieved the new menu today. My hope though, is that the PDF is only the online version and that the actual menu will not have the characters on it.

Comment

Can anyone confirm if the MC at BB is gone or not and also how much money it will cost ( and if you can get it in and outside of bb)

thanks I am looking forward to the MC but I want to eat it for lunch inside bb

From Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
                              I think toast can be arranged if you ask.

EDIT: $30 Prime Rib..... Well, considering that Prime Rib is $25 in most of WDW's less-than-signature restaurants (like the GF & Poly cafes) that doesn't seem TOO bad. It's not something I'd run across state lines for, though, since I can get the buffet at Bellagio for that price. But if I were going to DL for another 1 or 2 day venture, that would be acceptable.

I think people should give Matt & Co a chance before they dismiss the restaurant entirely on it's price and menu designs. How much of the park has he ruined yet?
                              Ok I will share half a slice of toast with my mom... I am poorrrrrrr!

Prime rib is expensive anywhere but 30 is a little much... I can't afford to go all out with eating I was souveniers more.... if I get the MC I might save it forever, preserve it and then have a monument in my house to the MC! haahha

from jeff

Comment

My freind use to be a bus boy at the Blue Bayou he said he would always see movie stars, musicians, pro athletes, pro wrestlers eat there all the time. I've never eaten there though.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X