X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue Bayou

BLUE BAYOU - DINNER MENU
    Appetizers:
    Isla Cruces Crab Cakes - Pan seared, then topped with mango salad and zesty lime aioli 8.99
    Gulf-Stream Jumbo Shrimp Remoulade - Creole boiled, chilled, and with a traditional Louisiana-style remoulade 8.99

Entrees: Each entree served with choice of Cajun-inspired wedge salad or a cup of our signature New Orleans gumbo. Accompany your meal with two of the following: Blue Bayou potatoes, seasonal vegetables, or sautéed spinach.
    Buccaneer's Beef Short Ribs - slow-roasted, then finished in a Zinfandel demi glaze 26.99
    Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya - a robust combination of king crab, jumbo gulf shrimp, mahi mahi, tasso ham, andouille sausage, and chicken, tossed with Cajun-style "dirty rice" 25.99
    Five-Pepper Roasted Prime Rib of Beef - seasoned with the Chef's signature pepper rub blend, then slow roasted over rock salt 29.99
    Alaskan King Crab Legs - A succulent, sweet pound of crab from the icy cold waters of the Pacific Northwest. Delicately steamed and served with herb beurre blanc 34.99
    Filet Mignon - Broiled to perfection and topped with sauce béarnaise 33.99
    Port Royal Mahi Mahi - broiled and accompanied with lightly sautéed pecan-crusted jumbo gulf shrimp, spinach and endive, tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette 27.99
    Tesora Island Chicken - blackened, roasted and finished to perfection in pan au jus 24.99
    Portobello Mushroom and Couscous Maque Choux - marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette, then broiled and served with roasted corn and bell-pepper couscous and sautéed spinach 24.99
    Molasses-Brined Bayou Pork Chop - 10 oz. chop, pan-seared and topped with sautéed Granny Smith apple wedges 25.99
    Cajun-Spiced Salmon - blackened, with citrus crawfish beurre blanc 26.99

Desserts: Each treasured treat comes with a "Pirates" booty keepsake!
    Tortuga Trio of Creme Brule - chocolate, passion fruit and vanilla-bean custards, caramelized and served with Brittany cookies7.99
    The Key West, Key Lime - Flaky crust filled with tangy key-lime citruscrème 7.99
    The Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat - Warm chocolate chip cookie boat, served with Dreyer's vanilla bean ice cream, caramel and chocolate sauce 8.99

Split Plate Charge $4.99
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Yes, you can get the Monte without soup or salad, but they are going to charge you the same price. You can also get the Monte I think without soup or salad for cheaper at Cafe Orleans, and I think that this is what Disney is planning on here; to eventually eliminate the Monte Cristo from the Blue Bayou menu is another step in the right direction.

I think Disney is trying to pull some of the culinary school graduated dinner cooks from upstairs at the Club to work in the Bayou kitchen, which is another good step! Culinary school grads, apply at Disneyland!

Blue Bayou is changing to a la menu (cooked to order), which is another good thing.

In other words, Blue Bayou is trying really hard to become a REAL nice restaurant, not just an expensive restaurant with mediocre "nice" food.

If you'd like to order a kids menu item not, you can have it, but they are going to charge you a comperable adult menu price, for a kid's portion.

If you'd like to split a plate, that's find too, but there is going to be a charge to split the plate.

Disney is trying to discourage the kinds of guests we get who come in, trying to get out of the restuarant as cheaply as possible.
      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Ok here's what does not make sense to me. The reason for the change on potc is to get the younger kids into the ride. For one's mostly that have been exposed to the film first. So now parents with children who take them on the ride will also want to go to the bb, trust me I hear it all the time on the ride. Kids are always asking if they can go eat there after the ride. I always go with my wife every time we go to disneyland. I see alot of familys with kids there. One of the main reasons why I liked eating there were the prices were reasonable. So now parents takeing their kids may not be able to shell out 20 dollars a plate for every single person. Dont tell me that the bb is not geared toward kids, now they even have jack sparrow on the menu. This just proves to me disney is trying to milk the cow dry with the potc movies. I mean 20 dollars for a monte christo. I can tell you if walt were still around this would not be happing. So go ahead mice chatters I know everybody will disagree with me and tell me I am wrong. :0p

Comment

Originally posted by misterp102778
          I can tell you if walt were still around this would not be happing. So go ahead mice chatters I know everybody will disagree with me and tell me I am wrong. :0p
          There's at least one MC'er here that agrees with you. As for the "Walt" thing? I'd never presume to predict what Walt would or would not do, though. He was in business to make a profit, and a good one at that, after all.

--Barry
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Well I know walt was a business man. But he also wanted everybody to enjoy disneyland not just for the ones who could shell out the most money. It just seems to me that disney dosent care about the fact now people may not be able to enjoy the bb because they cant afford it anymore. For some it was a tradition, it was for me and my wife, but now I dont know if I can afford it anymore. Remember walt did care about people. That the difference from the disney today to the disney that walt controlled. Thank you though at least I know somebody agrees with me on the whole pricing thing.
            Last edited by misterp102778; 06-03-2006, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry
              There's at least one MC'er here that agrees with you. As for the "Walt" thing? I'd never presume to predict what Walt would or would not do, though. He was in business to make a profit, and a good one at that, after all.

--Barry
              there is always some one who says " walt would never have done this" but walt passed away 40 years ago!! my god inflations yada yada. how does any one know what walt Wanted? and how do you know you would be real happy with walt today? If I hear one more " walt would never have wanted this I will scream!!! YOu presume to acually know walt, give me a break!

Comment

Looks like they are making the Blue Bayou a Budget version of Club 33.

Thanks for the copies of the menu items. But would it be possible to
                have a larger copy of the lunch menu to see all the detail, can't make
                out the prices with the print that small. Thanks.

It's a relief that Capt Jack and Octapus Face won't be appearing on
                the actual menu!!!!!!!!!
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

well walt did follow people around the park asking what they did and didnt like about the park. do you see disney execs doing that today. and yes I under stand about inflation and all that but name one other place that charges 20 dollars for a monte christo. its not inflation is price gouging.

Comment

There's a difference between making a profit and gouging people. (Heh, I posted this as misterp did!)

And quite a lot of people aren't going to be able to afford this, esp. if they have families.

I dunno, I wish them luck, I'm sure they know what they're doing but it just seems like they're going to losse quite a lot of business. But who knows, maybe most of the people who go to the park can afford to eat like this ften.
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin

It's a relief that Capt Jack and Octapus Face won't be appearing on
                      the actual menu!!!!!!!!!
                      I agree with you there!

I had just one more thing to add. Sometimes it might seem that I'm a bit of a curmudgeon when it comes to these sorts of things, and I don't mean to come across that way.

It's obvious that lots of people are excited about these changes, and good for them. The Disney folks are not stupid...I'm sure they've done the market research that people will pay, and pay and pay, the prices they'll be charging here. And obviously they have upgraded their kitchen help skills from the days when I was there.

I am glad those picture menus are only temporary, though.

--Barry
                      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Well I dont know about losing business. I guess maybe a little. What I dont like is that people will miss out on the experience, this is my favorite restaurant at the DRL. I really hope enough people complain then maybe disney will drop the prices back down but I think pigs will fly first. Just remember though just because you do market research doesnt mean your going to have a hit. Coke did quite a bit of market research with the new coke and look what happened with that. I am not saying it will fail or that it will be a hit still, but making change's in business is always a gamble.

Comment

Thanks to post at LP by Darkbeer, here is the lunch menu:

BLUE BAYOU - LUNCH MENU

Appetizers:
                          Isla Cruces Crab Cakes - Pan seared, then topped with mango salad and zesty lime aioli 11.99
                          Gulf-Stream Jumbo Shrimp Remoulade - Creole boiled, chilled, and with a traditional Louisiana-style remoulade 9.99

Entrees: Each entree served with choice of Cajun-inspired wedge salad or a cup of our signature New Orleans gumbo. Accompany your meal with two of the following: Blue Bayou potatoes, seasonal vegetables, or sautéed spinach.
                          Buccaneer's Beef Short Ribs - slow-roasted, then finished in a Zinfandel demi glaze 26.99
                          Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya - a robust combination of king crab, jumbo gulf shrimp, mahi mahi, tasso ham, andouille sausage, and chicken, tossed with Cajun-style "dirty rice" 25.99
                          Five-Pepper Roasted Prime Rib of Beef - seasoned with the Chef's signature pepper rub blend, then slow roasted over rock salt 29.99
                          Cajun-Spiced Salmon - blackened, with citrus crawfish beurre blanc 26.99
                          Tesora Island Chicken - blackened, roasted and finished to perfection in pan au jus 24.99
                          Port Royal Mahi Mahi - broiled and accompanied with lightly sautéed pecan-crusted jumbo gulf shrimp, spinach and endive, tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette 27.99
                          Portobello Mushroom and Couscous Maque Choux - marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette, then broiled and served with roasted corn and bell-pepper couscous and sautéed spinach 24.99
                          Molasses-Brined Bayou Pork Chop - 10 oz. chop, pan-seared and topped with sautéed Granny Smith apple wedges 25.99
                          Le Special de Monte Cristo - Turkey, ham and Swiss cheese in a battered egg bread, lightly fried to a golden brown 18.99

Tortuga Trio of Creme Brule - chocolate, passion fruit and vanilla-bean custards, caramelized and served with Brittany cookies 7.99
                          The Key West, Key Lime - Flaky crust filled with tangy key-lime citrus crème 7.99
                          The Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat - Warm chocolate chip cookie boat, served with Dreyer's vanilla bean ice cream, caramel and chocolate sauce 8.99

Split Plate Charge $4.99
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by misterp102778
                            Ok here's what does not make sense to me. The reason for the change on potc is to get the younger kids into the ride. For one's mostly that have been exposed to the film first. So now parents with children who take them on the ride will also want to go to the bb, trust me I hear it all the time on the ride. Kids are always asking if they can go eat there after the ride. I always go with my wife every time we go to disneyland. I see alot of familys with kids there. One of the main reasons why I liked eating there were the prices were reasonable. So now parents takeing their kids may not be able to shell out 20 dollars a plate for every single person. Dont tell me that the bb is not geared toward kids, now they even have jack sparrow on the menu. This just proves to me disney is trying to milk the cow dry with the potc movies. I mean 20 dollars for a monte christo. I can tell you if walt were still around this would not be happing. So go ahead mice chatters I know everybody will disagree with me and tell me I am wrong. :0p
                            I agree with you too that walt would not be happy about this.
                            The Monte crisco is famous and now you can't really even afford it.
                            I am pretty sad about this. I think the BB should be more for kids then adults. Kids love the POTC movies !

from Jeff

Comment

Looks like they are making the Blue Bayou a Budget version of Club 33.
                              And yet, if Club 33 was made open to members of the general public, or AP holders, it would be even more expensive, and we'd hear carping about that, too.

BB is a special restaurant, no doubt about it. And it strives to give you good food (portions are never small) and top of the line service. In general, I find I get what I pay for.

By the same token, you don't *have* to eat there if you don't want to, or can't afford it. Bravo to Cafe Orleans for moving the fabled Monte Cristo out where more people can enjoy it.

But just like the rest of the DLR, the Blue Bayou appeals to a certain segment of the public. It's not for everyone, nor should it be. I can't wait until I go back, myself...

Comment

The Blue Bayou has always been expensive. My family used to float past it many times wishing we could afford to eat there, but we couldn't--we would just take our picnic lunch to the picnic area and deal with it. Plus, Disneyland itself has always been expensive, which is why it was always a very special once a year trip. Now in our 40's, we are finally able to take our family there to eat on special occasions. I don't mean to sound like an old fuddy-duddy, but it's not a big deal to have to do without once in awhile.

Comment

Sorry to see the Pork Loin is NOT on the new menu. Although
                                  the "Pork Chop" is now on the list, a Pork Loin is more upscale
                                  in my opinion.

And the LOSS ot the "root beer flarored apples" is absolutely unforgivable!!!!!!!!! These were one of DL's hidden treasures!!!!

Also, for how they raised the prices, I'm a bit surprised that they
                                  are offering only a cup of soup, rather than a bowl, in place of a
                                  salad.

Didn't the old menu offer a variety of salads, too?

I know that the pasta salad that was part of Monte Cristo lunch has
                                  been one of the most requested and talked about menu items. Really
                                  sad that this will no longer be available. And who the heck needs
                                  TWO sides with a Monte Cristo along with cup of soup or salad. Disney knows for sure that people would definitely want to split that sandwich now. So what do they do, add a split plate charge! AUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!

Also, with the desserts, they mention a "Each treasured treat comes with a "Pirates" booty keepsake!" ANY idea on what this "BOOTY" is????????

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLUVZAriel
                                    I agree with you too that walt would not be happy about this.
                                    The Monte crisco is famous and now you can't really even afford it.
                                    I am pretty sad about this. I think the BB should be more for kids then adults. Kids love the POTC movies !

from Jeff
                                    it will be at cafe orleans for a lot less, so yeah it will be just as good!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer
                                      BLUE BAYOU - DINNER MENU

Appetizers:
                                      Isla Cruces Crab Cakes - Pan seared, then topped with mango salad and zesty lime aioli 8.99
                                      Gulf-Stream Jumbo Shrimp Remoulade - Creole boiled, chilled, and with a traditional Louisiana-style remoulade 8.99

Entrees:Buccaneer's Beef Short Ribs - slow-roasted, then finished in a Zinfandel demi glaze 26.99
                                      Alaskan King Crab Legs - A succulent, sweet pound of crab from the icy cold waters of the Pacific Northwest. Delicately steamed and served with herb beurre blanc 34.99
                                      Filet Mignon Port Royal Mahi Mahi Tesora Island Chicken - blackened, roasted and finished to perfection in pan au jus 24.99
                                      Portobello Mushroom and Couscous Maque Choux Molasses-Brined Bayou Pork Chop Cajun-Spiced Salmon - blackened, with citrus crawfish beurre blanc 26.99

Tortuga Trio of Creme Brule - chocolate, passion fruit and vanilla-bean custards, caramelized and served with Brittany cookies7.99
                                      The Key West, Key Lime The Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat - Warm chocolate chip cookie boat, served with Dreyer's vanilla bean ice cream, caramel and chocolate sauce 8.99

Split Plate Charge $4.99
                                      can someone post the lunch menu????
                                      That would be great

and 5 bucks US for nothing ( to split the plate?) that's not very nice!

from jeff

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla
                                        it will be at cafe orleans for a lot less, so yeah it will be just as good!
                                        Can you tell me the cost of the MC at CO? Is it just served for lunch?

What is so special about the MC?

Also what is the MC? Someone said meat and jam? Sounds discusting.. is it really that good?

from Jeff

Comment

• Re: Blue Bayou

, add a split plate charge! AUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!

Also, with the desserts, they mention a "Each treasured treat comes with a "Pirates" booty keepsake!" ANY idea on what this "BOOTY" is????????
                                          if you get booty with it.. it's worth a lot. lol.

Haha I am jk jk

from Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                          X