This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Food Recipies....

Are there such a thing? How they make their food...the certain products, etc...I was curious, It's not always the best food...but theres something about it still that makes it taste so good..I dont know if it's that you're just at disneyland so it tastes better lol...but i think it's usually good....is there any basic recipie website or something?

Re: Disneyland Food Recipies....

Originally posted by mulishaCM
    Are there such a thing? How they make their food...the certain products, etc...I was curious, It's not always the best food...but theres something about it still that makes it taste so good..I dont know if it's that you're just at disneyland so it tastes better lol...but i think it's usually good....is there any basic recipie website or something?
    All I can say is that during my time there, it was policy not to give out recipes beyond answering any guest's questions about health or vegeterian-type concerns. In my dealings with Disney, I know that they are very protective of the privacy of their inner workings, so I would be surprised any such "official" sites exist.

EDIT...As the post below suggests, there are cookbooks...and if you enter "Disneyland recipes" into a search engine, you'll find a pretty amazing number of sites that can help you. Sorry for not doing more research before I posted...you must recall that it was the Stone Age when I worked there.

--Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 06-07-2006, 01:50 AM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I have 2 cookbooks from 1989-1990 I think. It has mostly WDW area and EPCOT recipes. I have posted the recipe for the Monte Cristo and the Mint Julep before. If there is anything in particular you are looking for, post it or PM me and I can tell you if it's in the book.
      sigpic
      Elsa's and Anna's
      Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Food at Disneyland tastes better the same way that food on a camping trip tastes better. You walk more, use more energy and get hungrier. So by the time you eat you are really, really hungry and any food tastes so good. Try eating at Disneyland after already eating before you get there, when you aren't that hungry. You'll see the food isn't as good.

except the Monte Cristo at the Blue Bayou......That's the best tasting item the park offers.
        sigpic

Comment

Check out "Mickey's Gourmet Cookbook: Most Popular Recipes fcrom WDW to Disneyland." I have a copy at home and it's great.
          sigpic

Comment

If you can get some old copies of the Disney Magazine, they used to do a food segment in each issue. A couple of dishes from around the Disney empire restaurants were featured along with the chef interview and recipe.

The deserts are always the best recipes and most delicious!

Comment

I wish they would put out a cookbook with lower caloric content. I've always wanted to purchase the cookbook, but the fat/calorie content is way too high!

Comment

Originally posted by migo
                I wish they would put out a cookbook with lower caloric content. I've always wanted to purchase the cookbook, but the fat/calorie content is way too high!
                That's a good idea. Between that and all the walking I could/should do around DL, I should weigh about 180 lbs.

Unfortunatley, I eat about 10 churros and sit on a Rascal most of the day.

Comment

Yes, you can find the recipes in official Disney cookbooks, and even online. Here's one from the soon to be gone Bengal BBQ in Adventureland:

Bengal BBQ Spicy Beef Skewers
                  Yield 2 3/4 cups
                  Portion Size: 6
                  Ingredients
                  1 cup Soy Sauce
                  1 1/2 cups Water
                  1 Tbsp. Ground Black Pepper
                  3 Tbsp. Sesame Seed Oil
                  1 tsp. Ground Red Pepper
                  1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
                  1 Tbsp. Granulated Garlic
                  3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
                  18 one-ounce pieces Sirloin Beef Chunks
                  6 Bamboo Skewers

Directions
                  Combine all of the ingredients above and bring to a boil, adding cornstarch to thicken. Soak the bamboo skewers in water to avoid burning. Place 3 pieces of beef on each skewer and cook on the grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Brush with sauce and serve.

Comment

That sounds so good! Man, I'm going to miss that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry
                      All I can say is that during my time there, it was policy not to give out recipes beyond answering any guest's questions about health or vegeterian-type concerns. In my dealings with Disney, I know that they are very protective of the privacy of their inner workings, so I would be surprised any such "official" sites exist.
                      When I was at WDW we were able to fill out a card and they e-mailed our group the recipe for anything that we wanted. We got about 20 recipes.
                      Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

The LA Times also has a feature where people write in and ask for favorite recipes from famous restaurants, including often Disney restaurants. Here's one from an old clipping:

Disneyland mint julep

Yield: 24 Servings

Ingredients:
                        • 3 lb Sugar
                        • 1 ga Water
                        • 1 pt Creme de menthe syrup Topping
                        • 1/2 6-oz can frozen limeade -concentrate
                        • 1/2 6-oz can frozen lemonade
                        Instructions:

-concentrate Fresh mint sprigs -- for Garnish Maraschino cherries -- for Garnish Fresh pineapple pieces -- For garnish Combine sugar and water in a large kettle and bring to a boil. Add creme de menthe syrup limeade and lemonade concentrates. Stir and chill. Serve in tall glasses with sprigs of mint maraschino cherries and pineapple pieces if desired. Makes 24 (1-cup) servings.

Comment

Storytellers Cafe Corn Chowder
                          Grand Californian Hotel
                          Disneyland

2 ounces diced bacon (part for garnish)
                          1 teaspoon chopped garlic
                          1 tablespoon diced onion
                          10 ounces roasted corn kernels
                          8 ounces chicken stock
                          4 tablespoons butter
                          4 tablespoons flour
                          2 ounces heavy cream
                          6 ounces pulled
                          cooked chicken meat
                          4 ounces diced Yukon gold potatoes
                          1 teaspoon chopped cilantro leaves (garnish)
                          Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste

Sauté 1/2 of the diced bacon. When it is done, drain the fat, then add the garlic, onion and sauté until transparent, but not brown. Add the roasted corn and chicken stock.

Bring the soup to a low boil. In a separate sauté pan, prepare a roux combining equal parts of melted butter and flour. First, melt 4 tablespoons butter in the hot pan, then add 4 tablespoons flour using a wire whip until the mixture is smooth. Let roux cook until the moisture is cooked out. Allow roux to cool on stovetop.

Meanwhile, let the soup boil on low heat for 1/2 hour. Then add the cooled roux into the soup use a wire whip to incorporate the roux into the soup. After the roux is completely incorporated, constantly stir soup to keep from burning or roux from sticking to bottom of pan.

Add the cream, pulled chicken meat and diced potato. Let simmer for 1/2 hour.

Meanwhile, cook the remaining bacon until crisp. Drain grease and chop into small pieces. Place in separate container.

Take cilantro bunches and wash. Dry cilantro. Chop cilantro with no stems (very small pieces.) Place in separate container. As soup is done simmering, add kosher salt and black pepper to taste.

Place finished soup in hot soup bowls. Top with garnish of bacon and cilantro right in the center of bowl.

Source: Chef Ralph Stuhlmueller, Storytellers Cafe
                          www.vvdailypress.com

Comment

And, now that this recipe has gone into Blue Bayou history...

Blue Bayou's Chocolate Mousse

Ingredients

12 oz. bittersweet chocolate
                            4 oz. unsalted butter
                            5 oz. egg whites
                            2 oz. sugar
                            3 1/2 cups of heavy cream

Directions

In a double boiler combine chocolate and butter, stirring until melted.
                            Whip cream and supgar until light and fluffy; set aside. Beat egg whites at
                            high speed until soft peaks form. Using a wire whisk combine egg whites
                            with the melted chocolate and then with the whipped cream. Cover and
                            refrigerate overnight.

Yield: 8 cups.

Source: City Hall

Comment

Count Down Chicken Fusilli
                              Redd Rockett's Pizza Port - DL
                              * A frequently requested recipe *

5 oz. Alfredo sauce mix (dry mix, such as Knorr)
                              1 C. heavy cream
                              1 C. lowfat milk
                              1 C. water
                              2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
                              1 oz. sun-dried tomato crumbles (reconstituted)
                              3 oz. Pesto sauce (prepared sauce)
                              2 lb. dry fusilli pasta
                              1 lb. sliced smoked chicken breast

Prepare the Alfredo sauce, according to package directions, using the cream, milk and water in place of any liquid the mix calls for. Mix in pesto sauce.

Cook pasta until al dente. Drain well. Place in serving bowl, top with chicken, sauce, grated cheese and tomatoes. Mix and serve. Serves 4-6 people.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X