This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Dtd Store To Close Its Doors

Seems to be alot of turnover in the DTD stores. With several new stores opening and a few in the past closing, anyone care to guess which will shut down for business next?

My bets are on the scary Anne Geddes Baby store! That place frightens me!

Re: Next Dtd Store To Close Its Doors

I'll bet you're right. They've had an awful lot of balloons out lately (eg: trying desperately to attract attention)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I'm right there with you. That store baffles me. The slightly creepy photos, the lack of any real merchandise, the relative emptiness of the store...it's just weird. Why are they paying for the space when they use it so poorly?
      Originally posted by All4dISNEY
      Words hurt.

Comment

What, the dead baby store???

Yeah, that place totally freaks me out, and I've never gone further than walking past the door.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
        Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
        Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

The Anne Geddes store is a flagship store, so it won't close.

I'm betting on Illuminations, or Department 56. I mean, I know that I never go in them.
          Member of the Disney Class of 2005
          Disneyland CM for 4 years.
          May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Illuminations is doing a complete remodel, so it shouldn't be them. (I always buy a couple of candles from them).

I agree with you all on the dead baby store. I don't get the appeal either.

Comment

Originally posted by melmel
              The Anne Geddes store is a flagship store, so it won't close.

I'm betting on Illuminations, or Department 56. I mean, I know that I never go in them.
              Throughout history many a naval "flagships" have been sunk! Anne Geddes may not be any different!

People always need candles (don't know about scented ones) especially when those rolling blackouts hit and Christmas will always keep Dept 56 in business!

Comment

I know a lot of people that love the Anne Geddes concept, but I don't know a lot of people that actually buy anything there. On the other hand, Illuminations and Studio 56 are the two stores that have been around quite a while (5 years now), and always seem to have people going in and coming out with bags. I want to say Tortilla Jos (the square footage of that space makes it more expensive than any other restaurant to operate -- although you could say the same about the Rainforest Cafe), but I'll go with the expensive sunglass store, Sunglass Icon.

Even though I've bought stuff there, there's very few items below $200 a pair, and it doesn't seem like the type of stuff that either families on vacations would shop for, or people in the market for expensive sunglasses would go to Downtown Disney for.

Comment

I'm truly fascinated and love window shopping at Starabilia however I doubt I or anyone else I know would ever buy anything there. It's more of a museum than an actual store. Do people actually buy enough there to keep that store in business? I mean I keep seeing the same pieces everytime I go in so it's not like they're being sold. :-/
                  Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

Now Island Charters...that is the store! Where else can you get an entire line of things devoted to paradise! Not to mention the largest collection of Reyn Spooner shirts! Done died and gone to heaven!

Comment

As long as it ain't Sephora I don't care what store closes next!
                      http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                      www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                      http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Pity it won't be Build-A-Whore... that place creeps me out!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                          Pity it won't be Build-A-Whore... that place creeps me out!
                          We call it Stuff-A-Carcass! What a perfect place to teach the younguns about taxidermy! Also where not to spend mommy and daddy's hard earned money!

Comment

I certainly hope that the Anne Geddes store closes. I was in there once because my friends were curious and I don't remember them selling much beyond baby dolls and photo books. No one was even in there.
                            Woof!

Comment

It may simply be the fact that I'm a cheap b******, but I rarely buy anything in DtD. Everything is just so expensive there!

Ok, but the lego store is cool. :thumbup:
                              "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X