• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • painted windows
    Wonderful World
    • Jun 2005

Re: Rockin' Space Mountain officially announced, coming Spring 2007

They would not make it into a permanent thing.They would be crazy to do that!!There obviously going make some improvements on it.Hopefully they will get a new band to the music other than hoobastank:thumbdown
    :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

• Radiobarry
      Angel Fan MC Man
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by painted windows
      They would not make it into a permanent thing.They would be crazy to do that!!There obviously going make some improvements on it.Hopefully they will get a new band to the music other than hoobastank:thumbdown
      I know, how about some John Tesh. Or Enya. How about Milli Vanilli? Or the guy selling guitars on that infomercial? (LOL)

--Barry
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

• GuardianDragon_Mushu
        Travel-Sized Guardian
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Radiobarry
        I know, how about some John Tesh. Or Enya. How about Milli Vanilli? Or the guy selling guitars on that infomercial? (LOL)

--Barry
        :lol: Or William Hung. *snerk*

waaaait...must...NOT give them bad ideas...augh, too late. o.o :mob:

Between you and me, I'd rather have old rock...Creedence Clearwater (I think they're rock?), Pink Floyd (good luck with the clearance on THAT one, heh.), David Bowie, or maybe even, if all else fails, Elvis Presley (Boy, *that* one's gonna get me flogged by the anti-Stitch Tomorrowland folks xD). Eh...but don't go by me, it's probably mainly because...I don't have half an idea who all these newer artists are. *shrug* ^^;

Comment

• painted windows
          Wonderful World
          • Jun 2005

I was kinda dissapointed when I found out that Van Halen did not do the song.If you ask me they should have Dick Dale write another surf song to go along with it
          :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

• Mr. Dark
            The Dark Ride
            • Nov 2005

There's no way it's a permanent change. Why drop the cash they did on recreating the ride, including new launch and splashdown effects, commissioning a new score, and re-theming the entire queue back to the basic 'space travelers preparing to depart' look and feel? That'd just be wacky.

I'm also with those that feel the Grad Night 06 version of Rockit was absolutely thrown together, probably by entertainment instead of WDI, because of promises made to schools VERY prematurely. If the company can pull together something like Rock N Roller Coaster, I highly doubt we'll be stuck with a three-year-old, non-single Hoobastank song.
            Mr. Dark
            Writer, Disney geek, madman.

Comment

• Disneytwins
              • Oct 2005

I heard that Jay said they are sort of going to "Re-do" it. Thats why it says spring of 07. I also heard he said that they are makeing a new soundtrack "as we speak"

I personally think this is the right way to go. They discovered that it was crappy so they are going to re-try.... I think
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

• Uzmati
                Zero Blockout Dates
                • Mar 2006

rode it last week...rockedwe kinda made up our own lyrics halfway through

Rode "Rockit Mountain" at Disneyland during grad nite. Used my digital camera to try and video record the ride. While trying to hold on, I accidentaly stopp...

Ladies and Gentlemen...Rockit Mountain.

You should watch both videos...the second one is kind of choppy but shows the graphics and projections they used on Rockit Mountain much better than the first. While the first one shows the the inside and finish of the ride better.

Last edited by Uzmati; 06-08-2006, 06:07 AM.
                IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

• Chernabog
                  Earth Intruder
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Dark
                  There's no way it's a permanent change. Why drop the cash they did on recreating the ride, including new launch and splashdown effects, commissioning a new score, and re-theming the entire queue back to the basic 'space travelers preparing to depart' look and feel? That'd just be wacky.
                  I totally agree. I'm starting to get really pissed off with my two favorite rides at the park getting "overlaid" (SM and HM). Makes it so they can only be ridden as the attraction they're supposed to be for half of the year. Hopefully it'll just be a temporary seasonal thing with Ipod Mountain. (that day/nite switch thing sounds like a nightmare from what Al wrote)

I mean, wasn't the whole "It's Back!" thing from just last year?
                  I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                  sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

• Max Fischer
                    That Guy
                    • Apr 2005

Wow, they should warn everyone that rides it that they're being exposed to Hepatitis due to being surrounded by crap music. Wow. Hoobasuck, really? That's the best we can do? Where is Ashton hiding? This cannot be true.

I love the idea, but they need different music, badly. Maybe each time you ride it, there could be a different song.

Comment

• skratch addict
                      rebmeM roinuJ
                      • May 2006

even though i know of some really good current rock im pretty sure they're lookin for "arena" rock, you know, big drums, big guitar, something thats totally in your face from the start, not neccesarily anything good. im usually dissapointed with music decisions made by 45+ yr olds when its supposed to be aimed at a pretty young crowd, just because most 45+ yr olds (that ive met) arent really up to date with new music, and even if they kinda are it seems like they're a year or 5 off. excuse me if i got a little off topic.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Asterix
                        • Mar 2005

Why mess up Space Mountain? It's really popular, leave it alone, light up the asteroid in the center and let it go already. They're just trying to "add" Rock n Roller Coaster without actually building one. It sounds slick but the minus of losing Space Mountain at night is not worth whatever plus you might get from wasting energy developing this thing. It sure didn't get rave reviews at Grad Night.

Comment

• A Disney Dreamer
                          Banned User
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by painted windows
                          Carrie Underwood!

She's great!

Comment

• pineapplewhipaddict
                            DoleWhipDrea
                            • Apr 2005

They never used the "Rockit Mountian" version of the marquee...at least not when I was there. That was June 1st.

I never made it onto the ride, the line was ridiculous and my boyfriend and I didn't feel very well (the majority of the night we slept on a bench outsude of First Aid). But our friends who made it on said that they enjoyed it. One guy was really raving about it.

I do admit though that the idea of dancing people from projections sound kinda lame. Of course, I never actually saw them so I can't really make a judgement on that. But I have faith that "Rockin' Space Mountain" will be quite an improvement, as they now have more time to work on this.

And I highly doubt that it would be an all-hours, every day thing, after all the money that was spent just to bring back Space Mountain as Space Mountain. I guess we'll find out how they'll work it all out, but I wouldn't worry about regular Space Mountain just disappearing.

Comment

• JeffLUVZAriel
                              Banned User
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by A Disney Dreamer
                              Carrie Underwood!

She's great!
                              Maybe hot amercian idols that start with the "K" sound ( Kelly Carrie and Katherine)

Perfect theme

from Jeff

Comment

• wolfy
                                Still wants to be a cat!
                                • Jan 2005

Ozzie would be nice....just kidding! How about some .38 Special...? No that wouldn't work either. Metalica, yep!
                                Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                                it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• wolfy
                                  Still wants to be a cat!
                                  • Jan 2005

Off to Neverneverland!!! At least it's sorta Disney!
                                  Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                                  it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• THE BOB
                                    Sock Puppet
                                    • May 2005

Two Words: "Ted" and ...."Nuggent"
                                    "They have the Swiss...."

Comment

• Mr. Dark
                                      The Dark Ride
                                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by wolfy999
                                      Ozzie would be nice....just kidding! How about some .38 Special...? No that wouldn't work either. Metalica, yep!
                                      Would it KILL ya to play some FOGHAT?!?

(Bonus points anyone who can name that reference source.)
                                      Mr. Dark
                                      Writer, Disney geek, madman.

Comment

• LicieOIC
                                        Do you think I'm... odd?
                                        • Jun 2006

I was just informed about the "Year of a Million Dreams" thing yesterday, and it's actually a really cool promotion for the 2006-2007 Disney year. It starts on October 1st, which is when the 50th promotion ends. But they are still ironing some things out, which is why there are so few words used to describe the Rockin Space Mountain transformation. I think they're trying to make it more like Rock N Rollercoaster (sp?) at WDW with the rock music and the focus on lasers and new lights, but we'll see how that all gets smoothed out before the official open. And they may have some things for DCA in the works, but it's all still up in the air.

What's basically happening is that divided between WDW and the DLR, there will be one million dreams given out over the year. That's over 1000 dreams a day per park! One family per day wil be chosen to either sleep in the Cinderella Royal Bedchamber inside Cinderella's Castle at WDW or in Mickey's Penthouse atop the DL Hotel at the DLR. And that's just ONE of the dreams they'll give away. All the prizes are at random, depending on time, location, ect. For example... at 5:13pm, on a certain day, prize number 12345 will be given to the 5th person exiting Haunted Mansion. That prize could be anything from a basket full of Disney Merchandise, a one on one meet with their favorite Disney character, premium seating at Remember Dreams Come True, seeing Fantasmic from the Disney Gallery balcoy, a golden fastpast for everyone in their party, a trip to WDW, a trip to every Disneyland in the world, or a vacation every year for the whole family for the rest of their lives. And it's completely random!! You could be sitting on the curb waiting for the parade, you could be eating at the Plaza Inn, you could be exiting an attraction, but dreams will be coming true this year and I think it's an amazing followup to all the special things that came with the 50th celebration. It's like Oprah... but for a full year, instead of just once a year! Isn't that incredible? Not only for the families that receive these amazing things, but for the cast member who gets to present them... All I can say is I never expected something like this.
                                        Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
                                        Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

Comment

• MasterGracey
                                          Dateline Disneylander
                                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by RoseRedAngel
                                          What's basically happening is that divided between WDW and the DLR, there will be one million dreams given out over the year. That's over 1000 dreams a day per park!
                                          What are they chances one of us MiceChatters who frequent the parks very very often (CrazyLegs, Darkbeer, etc) will get a dream-come-true, or two?

Or do they have all of our pictures down on file and know not to give us anything?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X