Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Best Meal You've Had Inside the Parks

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner at Club 33 with my parents about 3 years ago...There are no words.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Inside Disneyland - Brunch at Club 33
      DCA - Robert Mondavi Vineyard
      Downtown - Jazz Kitchen and Catal
      Disneyland Hotel - Napa Rose and the old Monorail Cafe (oh the memories).

Comment

Originally posted by MegarooFifi
        Napa Rose in the restaurant in the Grand Californian and it is amazing! Last April, I ate dinner there with my husband and after dinner, a flight of wines (for myself) and tip, it was over $250. It was crazy but the best food I have ever had. I'll probably go again, but not for awhile (I need to save money first!)
        <agrees with everything MegarooFifi has said> Although I have been to Granville's. Napa Rose was quite a bit better.

Comment

God, I'm getting hungry reading all these.
          My choices... the pastas at Redd Rockets, the clam chowder in NOS, the crab cakes at Blue Bayou along with that lovely salad with those candied walnuts (NUM!), the chicken at Bengal BBQ is fab too... and I do miss the Splash Mountain Sundaes that they would serve at Carnation, as well as the Sundried Tomato Spread and tiramisu at Stromboli's... And as a CM, I really dug the vegetarian tacos they'd serve the first Tuesday of each month at the Inn Between! Oh, and the cookies! K... hungrier now...

Comment

Ahh- the Inn Between....... I have to say that the Westside Diner was my fave for parkside eating, although the E-ticket has to rank as the best cafeteria on the planet! Made me wish I worked at TDA. The CM cafeterias were always sooo good and super cheap- you could get a yummy patty melt and fries for like $2.50!
            Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
            Help support the site you love:
            -Visit the MiceChat store
            Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
            MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
              Ahh- the Inn Between....... I have to say that the Westside Diner was my fave for parkside eating, although the E-ticket has to rank as the best cafeteria on the planet! Made me wish I worked at TDA. The CM cafeterias were always sooo good and super cheap- you could get a yummy patty melt and fries for like $2.50!
              Oh yeah, by far. The Eat Ticket was the best! It was the only good thing about working in Toontown- hauling with other CMs to the Eat Ticket for lunch!

Comment

About a dozen years ago, the Blue Bayou used to run dinner specials according to what they had that evening. I lucked into a Lobster Thermador that was absolutely perfect......and huge.....they used a full lobster shell and filled it with the bechemel sauce and the meat from two lobsters......even had the braised hollandaise shell on top.......mmmmmmm

Comment

if i am hungry enough, everything is the best meal. otherwise,
                  fried catfish sandwich at the harbor galley, before mcd's.
                  corndog from the red wagon next to plaza inn
                  fried chicken dinner at plaza inn
                  Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

Chicken Alfredo with Penne at Redd Rockets

I miss the Monorail Cafe.

And the Christmas Feast and Goofys Kitchen.... what a spread!!!!!

Comment

french dip.... mmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

The new menu at Rancho Del Zocalo is delicious and is such and improvement! In fact, my wife proclaimed that her shrimp with garlic Sauce over cheddar mashed potatoes to be the best meal she has ever had in the park. I must admit that my mexican chicken caesar salad is currently the best salad-as-a-meal at any venue as well.

Before our recent meal at Zocalo, we used to direct people to

Red Rockets: Chicken Fussili
                        Plaza Inn: Cobb Salad
                        Blue Bayou: Monte Cristo
                        River Belle: Becky Thatcher's Fruit Plate

Now however... Rancho gets our top marks!
                        ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

I know it's not in the parks themselves but part of the downtown district... Tortilla Joes. We were there for 4 days last week and ate almost every meal in either the parks or the downtown district. Tortilla Joes was by far the best. The worst was the McDonalds in DCA. Not even up to McD's standards, if that's what you want to call them and the pricing and menu choices were obscene.
                          You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                            Totally agree with you. The food was the best cafeteria food I've ever eaten and when E-ticket opened they took it to a new level.

Off topic and property -- if any of you ever get inside the Disney Studios try to have lunch at the Employee Commisary. It was converted about 10 years ago from a linen tablecloth/menu service to a cafeteria/buffet style but the food is first rate, choices incredible and reasonably priced.
                            "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller
                              Totally agree with you. The food was the best cafeteria food I've ever eaten and when E-ticket opened they took it to a new level.
                              Eat Ticket??? Are you serious? My coworkers and I avoid it like the black plague. We trot down the stairs, out the door and straight off property!
                              ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Comment

Sorry, but my experiences there were only during the first months of its opening along with the TDA Building.
                                "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X