X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeeLi
    replied
    I've been thinking about what my tagline should be, thank you for the idea SilentBob.

Leave a comment:

• SilentBob66
    replied
    Originally posted by LeeLi
    Ohhh you just brought out the science nerd in me, sorry for the nerdiness that follows folks...
    Yogurt does not cause problems with people who have mild lactose intolerance because the lactose in yougurt it reduced. The bacteria( Lactobacillus bulgaricus and others)that turn milk into yogurt digest the lactose(which is a sugar) and turn it into lactic acid(which is why yogurt is sour). Less lactose sugar means less problems with lactose intolerance, which is caused by not producing any or enough of the enzyme that digests lactose.
    Not sure that anybody cares, but I had to try...

Anyways, yeah the dole whip tastes non-dairy to me, and I'm not sure I want to know what is in it...
    *singing* Miracles from Molecules...are dawning every day......

You could be a host at the Hall of Chemistry!

Hey everyone! It's *checks name tag* LeeLi, the Science......Ghee..... :monkey:

Leave a comment:

• wolfy
    replied
    Well went to DL to get that Dole Whip Float and guess what? The machine was broke down......came back later (around 6PM) and it was closed...had heard they had extended the hours, but not during the week it looks like. Will have to go back in the next couple of days and try again!

Thanks for all the advise.....the craving's are hitting hard!

Leave a comment:

• Momzilla59
    replied
    Well...Dole Whip, non-dairy; Cool Whip, non-dairy.....
    Hmmmmmmmm I think I see some sort of chemical cousin!
    I've never had a Whip but after reading the comments on the board I am going to Have to have one.

Leave a comment:

• MasterGracey
    replied
    Originally posted by LeeLi
    Anyways, yeah the dole whip tastes non-dairy to me, and I'm not sure I want to know what is in it...
    Yeah, same here. Tastes delicious, non-dairy, and refreshing...
    But please, please.. don't tell me what's really in it. Something that good can't be ...safe... haha...

Leave a comment:

• pineapplewhipaddict
    replied
    I've been dying for a dole whip... >_<

I was supposed to go with friends to Disneyland this weekend for a friend's birthday, but his mom is ticked at him and at this point the party is cancelled

Leave a comment:

• LeeLi
    replied
    Originally posted by Tigertail777
    LSpoorEeyorick, I think the main difference is that the real dole whip is more like frozen yogurt. I think if you experiment with the above recipe and replace some yogurt in there it will be pretty close. Not sure if that will fit what your looking for or not, but when I went I was told its basically frozen yogurt (I have some lactose intolerance, and have a hard time digesting milk products, but yogurt for some weird reason isnt considered a lactose dairy product).
    Ohhh you just brought out the science nerd in me, sorry for the nerdiness that follows folks...
    Yogurt does not cause problems with people who have mild lactose intolerance because the lactose in yougurt it reduced. The bacteria( Lactobacillus bulgaricus and others)that turn milk into yogurt digest the lactose(which is a sugar) and turn it into lactic acid(which is why yogurt is sour). Less lactose sugar means less problems with lactose intolerance, which is caused by not producing any or enough of the enzyme that digests lactose.
    Not sure that anybody cares, but I had to try...

Leave a comment:

• robotpirates
    replied
    Originally posted by TinkPink
    In all my Disneyland years, I never had a Dole Whip. Since I joined this board I have wanted to go immediately and get one, but being in MN, I can't! So now I will have to go out and buy myself an ice cream maker just so I can try that recipe so THANK YOU for posting it!
    Aw TinkPink, why don't you come for the 50th meetup? I'll buy you one!

Leave a comment:

• TinkPink
    replied
    In all my Disneyland years, I never had a Dole Whip. Since I joined this board I have wanted to go immediately and get one, but being in MN, I can't! So now I will have to go out and buy myself an ice cream maker just so I can try that recipe so THANK YOU for posting it!

Leave a comment:

• robotpirates
    replied
    I've never had a Dole Whip.... NOW I WILL. The Tiki Bar is always closed when I go. And for some reason, whenever it was open, my family wouldn't want to splurge.

I'll show them! *fist*

Leave a comment:

• Ghostbuster626
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfy999
    Dole Whip - $2.50

Dole Whip Float - $4.50

Is the extra couple of ounces of pineapple juice and 1 cherry worth the two bucks more?

Going this afternoon.....Love the whip.....should I be extravagant and splurge for the float?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
    In Florida they dont give you a cherry

Leave a comment:

• melmel
    replied
    How late is the Tiki Bar open? You guys really made me want to go tonight! XD

Leave a comment:

• Alchimedes
    replied
    Thanks for the link Wolfy!!

Leave a comment:

• Tigertail777
    replied
    LSpoorEeyorick, I think the main difference is that the real dole whip is more like frozen yogurt. I think if you experiment with the above recipe and replace some yogurt in there it will be pretty close. Not sure if that will fit what your looking for or not, but when I went I was told its basically frozen yogurt (I have some lactose intolerance, and have a hard time digesting milk products, but yogurt for some weird reason isnt considered a lactose dairy product).

Leave a comment:

• disneyguy247
    replied
    dole whips are my favorite! u probably already knew that

Leave a comment:

• Gwyren
    replied
    Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
    The float is the best!!! I end up stiring mine until it becomes more smooshy. Plus you get yummy cherries and an umbrella (which always ends up in my hair. (see prof )
    How cute!

Leave a comment:

• LSPoorEeyorick
    replied
    I'm bummed that it's a mock-recipe and not the real thing. The actual dole-whip is non-dairy. (We've been researching protein-free DL food for the SigO, who is phenylketoneuric and cannot eat any protein.)

Leave a comment:

• Big Drunk Dave @ DL
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfy999
    Add: 5 1/2 to 16 oz of Vodka

Tanks for the Link Wolfy! Tanks-o-lot.

Leave a comment:

• Cuzco-topia
    replied
    The float is the best!!! I end up stiring mine until it becomes more smooshy. Plus you get yummy cherries and an umbrella (which always ends up in my hair. (see prof )

Leave a comment:

• wolfy
    replied
    Recipe:

http://www.doombuggyproductions.com/DoleWhip.html

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X