Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annoying riders stories

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Annoying riders stories

    Does anyone have any stories about annoying people in line or riding a ride with you?

    I had these two guys from Italy infront of me in line for the Pirates. One was on the phone the entire time we were in line until we got to the first waterfall where his phone died. Then he just talked to his friend loudly thru the entire ride and out the door!
    When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

    This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

    Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

  • #2
    UGH! I would of thrown the phone and him into the water.

    I remember riding SM in the old logs that had no seperation. A lady in front during the ride tried to convince everyone in the boat (I think she was a single rider) to "pose" her way for the big drop. She got louder and more excited as the drop got closer. At the end, only she posed. The rest of the boat gave her the finger. It was great.

    The "pose" was to pray with you hands togeather in front of you. Ya. Thats original.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ahhh.. I think I have a winner here on this regard. Last winter, I sat behind a middle aged man on IASW who not only smelled like B.O. but was scratching himself "down there" for the duration of the trip. I haven't ridden IASW since.
      Always carry a camera

      Comment


      • #4
        It seems like I always get loud people behind me on Pirates! Last time we were there these two women very loudly planned the rest of there day. I wanted to turn around and say "Why don't you try to enjoy the ride your on?"

        Comment


        • #5
          who not only smelled like B.O. but was scratching himself "down there"
          That's just nasty.

          Comment


          • #6
            I remember getting off the Haunted Mansion Holiday and there was this guy who just rode it. He was very loudly proclaiming that it was much better than the original and that the original version sucked and should be tornout because its old! As a Mansion fan, I just wanted to tear him out because he was old.
            When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

            This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

            Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

            Comment


            • #7
              I hate it when theres a small group in line in front of you and then they try to get 20 of there friends to line hop in front of you. thats just rude and annoying. this happened to me on splash last summer and the couple behind me waited till we got to the main entrance then told one of the CM's who had the Large group exit the line. It was funny.

              Comment


              • #8
                Alright, this wasn't very annoying, but it was funny as all get out...

                My friends and I went to DL on a band trip in two-thousand-odd-three. Our favorite ride to go on was Indiana Jones. My little group took up the entire car, save one seat. The final time we went on the ride, a vally-girl type single rider got the open seat, which happened to be right next to me. We entered the dart room, and one of my friends screamed "duck!" We all ducked, the girl looked at us, the "darts" let fly, and she screamed. There was flailing and screaming the rest of the time. We had her convinced that they were real darts by the time we got out of the car. She counted herself lucky to be alive, and we never saw her again.
                Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
                http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518


                Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IndyJn511
                  Alright, this wasn't very annoying, but it was funny as all get out...

                  My friends and I went to DL on a band trip in two-thousand-odd-three. Our favorite ride to go on was Indiana Jones. My little group took up the entire car, save one seat. The final time we went on the ride, a vally-girl type single rider got the open seat, which happened to be right next to me. We entered the dart room, and one of my friends screamed "duck!" We all ducked, the girl looked at us, the "darts" let fly, and she screamed. There was flailing and screaming the rest of the time. We had her convinced that they were real darts by the time we got out of the car. She counted herself lucky to be alive, and we never saw her again.
                  :lol: :bow: Thats Hysterical!
                  Other places you can find me:

                  Digg
                  Steam

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Goin2DL
                    It seems like I always get loud people behind me on Pirates! Last time we were there these two women very loudly planned the rest of there day. I wanted to turn around and say "Why don't you try to enjoy the ride your on?"
                    Worse than that are the teenagers who sit and say, "This is nothing like the movie!" My friend and I HATE that with a passion. These kids have no perspective on the world around them.

                    OK, you know how they tell you no flash photography, right? Well, one time recently, I went on IASW and this family, a white guy, an Asian woman, their son, and her parents were in front of my mother and I. They kept on taking pictures, with the flash on, of themselves in the ride. I understand if this is your first and/or only trip and you want to remember as much as possible, but come on, they tell you ALL THE TIME ON EVERY RIDE WHERE REQUIRED!!!
                    People act like that rule is there for no reason, so it doesn't need to be followed...

                    Also, this Sunday, My friend and I where in the boiler room one group behind going in, you know where they put you in by numbers? And these teenagers were screaming for no reason, as if practicing!!! A girl about 8-10 yrs. old behind us asked her mom, "Why are they screaming like that?" I promptly turned around and said, B/c they are teenagers who aren't that bright." Screaming for NO reason is ridiculous. I can understand it sometimes, it's fun & I do a ton of screaming on Inday and a lot of the big rides, but at an appropriate time. It scares the little ones, and I know how that feels. If you're scared, that makes it worse.
                    Last edited by sorceress1986; 04-12-2005, 02:53 PM.
                    My mind won't rest
                    and I don't sleep
                    Not even in my dreams...
                    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                    written by Stevie Nicks

                    Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                    1985-2005

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Every time I ride IASW, there is always this guy that keeps reaching out and slowing the boat down or speading it up. Heh... that's me. I hate the ride after being stuck inside for 30 minutes and almost being knocked out of the boat when they all got backed up. Just to make you all happy, I don't ride it anymore.
                      >>Alan<<
                      Member 216




                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My least favorite is going on Pirates or Haunted Mansion with kids too young to enjoy, and they have to attempt to talk away their children's fears.

                        "If anything scares you, just tell Daddy" --- Uh hello, this is just setting your kids up to think that something scary will happen, doofus.

                        I hate it when people explain away the rides in any way. If someone says "It's ok, it's all fake anyway" I get so horrified-- It's real for me until some douchebag feels the need to say that!
                        Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                        Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                        May 6, 2005 - present.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My favorite time was in line for Roger Rabbit. There was an Asian family, mom, dad, and 3 little kids. Well mom was wearing the video camera bag right, and she kept backing up into my friend with the bag. This happened maybe 10 or so times. Well that's when I told her to switch with me, and the first time she bumped her big bag into me, I threw my bad over my shoulder and hit her in the arm. She moved up away from us finally.

                          Something else that reeeeeeeeally bothers me is when kids behind me keep getting up next to me to see what's ahead, and end up stepping on my feet, or bumping in to me. Like they won't see it when they get to that spot. It's fine once or twice, but when it keeps happening it gets on my nerves.
                          sigpic
                          Elsa's and Anna's
                          Disneyland Dec 2014

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            *face palms at most of these*
                            Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


                            -- robotarmada.net --

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by disneyfreeek
                              Something else that reeeeeeeeally bothers me is when kids behind me keep getting up next to me to see what's ahead, and end up stepping on my feet, or bumping in to me. Like they won't see it when they get to that spot. It's fine once or twice, but when it keeps happening it gets on my nerves.
                              I can't stand that. When some little carpet monkey starts that with me, I just let a little space open between me and the people in front of me, and when I finally move up, I make sure I stop short and sudden. Kid plows into me, and promptly falls down. Sorry kid, I outweigh you, I win.
                              "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
                              -
                              "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
                              -
                              "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
                              -
                              Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                :lol:
                                sigpic
                                Elsa's and Anna's
                                Disneyland Dec 2014

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  I don't understand why some teenagers think it's funny to ruin a ride for some others. My friends and I decided to ride POTC after the Fantasmic show to end off the night. Unfortunately, we were in the same boat as some unruly teenagers who thought it would be fun to play musical seats.

                                  Some of them started to get up (which was rocking the boat) and to make stupid remarks about the ride which I thought was rude. My sister and I had asked them to please sit down as there were others on the boat but they totally ignored us. I don't normally get mad but I lost my patience with them and told them that if they didn't sit down, I would knock one of their blocks off. Needless to say, they behaved themselves.
                                  I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. Edna Mode

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    If people are annoying me in line I refuse to go on the same ride car as them. On Matterhorn I let the people behind me go first. Sometimes i ask if I can wait for the next ride car. In mansion or TOT I hand near the back and make sure I get really far away from the annoying people...LOL..my daughter thinks I'm mean, but she says it's ok to do to preppies...LOL

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Sasafratz
                                      I don't understand why some teenagers think it's funny to ruin a ride for some others. My friends and I decided to ride POTC after the Fantasmic show to end off the night. Unfortunately, we were in the same boat as some unruly teenagers who thought it would be fun to play musical seats.

                                      Some of them started to get up (which was rocking the boat) and to make stupid remarks about the ride which I thought was rude. My sister and I had asked them to please sit down as there were others on the boat but they totally ignored us. I don't normally get mad but I lost my patience with them and told them that if they didn't sit down, I would knock one of their blocks off. Needless to say, they behaved themselves.
                                      I just had a very similar experience with on POTC, with yes teenagers. They were loudly teasing each other and were making fun of the ride. It bothers me to hear my favorite ride disrespected so blatently, but whatever... What's worse is that I kept feeling wet drops hit my face,(and we're not talking during the drop...) and I swear it's because one of the kids had a water gun, at least I hope it was water...
                                      I hate it that teenagers give themselves such a bad rap, I was one not very long ago and I was always annoyed that people asumed I was just another unruly teenager, which I wasn't.

                                      Edited to add:
                                      Scubabe, I do exactly the same thing on HM and TOT. On the same trip as the annoying teenagers on POTC there was a far more obnoxious group of cheerleaders talking loudly on HM. I worked to get as far away from them as I could, which end up being 4-5 doombuggies. Sadly, it was not far enough and I had to listen to their moronic chatter for the entire ride...
                                      I think it is more than fair game to do tyour best to get away from annoying people on rides, they're the mean ones, not us...
                                      Last edited by LeeLi; 04-12-2005, 06:07 PM.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Like I said, no respect, no persepctive. Believe me, I go to college and I live on-campus. I see it all the time, everyday.
                                        My mind won't rest
                                        and I don't sleep
                                        Not even in my dreams...
                                        -"If You Ever Did Believe"
                                        written by Stevie Nicks

                                        Chasen Matthew Pacheco
                                        1985-2005

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X