This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entertainment ideas

So lets say your in charge of the entertainment at the resorts (parades, shows, plays, ect) what are your ideas to improve entertainment in the parks?

I know the ideas for the theatre in DCA have allready been discussed but i also want some of the smaller ideas.

ill give mine in a few.

ok i guess since no one wants to start then i will jsut post a few ideas i had.

Hollywood backlot - I think it would be cool to have newsies walking around the backlot selling papers! real cheap like a nickle (only one sheet of paper, just for the kiddies you know) and they could even occassionally break out into song and dance! (like the trash can band across the way)

paradise peer - I would like to see an dadvanced waterworks show (no fireworks ) set to music of course. and maybe some usefull lighting techniques would make the show even better.

HISTA theatre - stick with the inventor of the year award but change the movie to a new invention. perhaps the theatre travels through time, or is transported through space to other planets. something that can be exciting and unique.

club buzz - remove it! get rid of it alltogether. start having bands/ shows/whatever perform from up above the entrance to space mountain. you know where the line for space mountain goes. it is almost like a balcony. OR remove the people mover track entirely and have the observatron be some sort of rotating stage. (this of course is assuming these wont be rides. we dont want to be too entertainment focused)

basically anyplace there is a show so to speak i would like to see them changed every 2 to 3 years. no stale shows. fantasyland theatre and the like should all be rotated out.

now you throw out some ideas.

Comment

I like your club buzz idea, but it will be too congested up there with people waiting in line, and the band, and people trying to see the band, tech people. Maybe if the whole thing was torn down, and could accomadate more people . Good thinking though.

Orlando doing good
      http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
      Princess of Randomness

Comment

I really like the really really small intimate acts- story tellers, barbershop cortets, piano players- I think largly DCA would benifit from more intimacy. I guess the traveling beach band is sort of in the right direction.
        *An organ player on Paradise Pier would be really cool and add to the atmopshere.
        *San Fransicso inspired rock bands on the whorf.
        *Bluegrass/country/folk rock acts around GRR.
        *In the backlot guys singing standards. Young guys singing Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra- evoking nostalgic old Hollywood feelings.

Comment

I think NOS is a model for what entertainment at the parks should be. Small vendors who sell unique art that is actually artistic. Street performers, interesting bands, the bead tossing throughout the day- I love the atmosphere there! They should strive to create the smea type of feeling all over.
          Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
          Help support the site you love:
          -Visit the MiceChat store
          Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
          MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

I love the Newsies idea!!!! If only they could actually get Christian Bale to do it...*sigh*

I remember there used to be a No Doubt cover band around the park, I would go for more stuff like that, CA based bands. A mamas & the papas cover band, the beach boys, all you can get.

I don't quite know what I'd do otherwise
            My mind won't rest
            and I don't sleep
            Not even in my dreams...
            -"If You Ever Did Believe"
            written by Stevie Nicks

Chasen Matthew Pacheco
            1985-2005

Comment

the thing about my club buzz idea was i was thinking that the overhang where they have the spotlights would be where the band plays. playing out over tomorowland! not just up on the balcony area. This also makes the viewing area HUGE! (big name bands like no doubt could come back and perform!) huge viewing area and an occassional big name band would mean great ticket sales. most people would pay 50 bucks to see a band anyway.

Comment

Slue Foot Sue's Golden Horseshoe Revue:

How about a streamlined, reduced-cast version of the classic Revue with just Slue Foot Sue, her Can-Can Girls and a wisecracking Piano Man? The line-up:

The Golden Horseshoe (welcome, full cast)
                The Girls of San Francisco (from Bullwhip Griffin - cast flirts/interacts with audience - - change lyrics to "The Girls of Old Frontierland")
                Mr. Piano Man (from The Wonderful World of Color - Sue and Piano Man exchange wisecracks, vaudeville style)
                The Can-Can (girls do the big, screaming dance number, then choose men from the audience to teach the Can-Can/dress them up)
                The Golden Horseshoe Finale (with men from audience in cast)

Comment

Merlinjones I know the old Golden Horseshoe was fun but we are never going to get back the EXACT same show.

Comment

dont they do a review almost exactly like that at knotts? I believe they do!

Comment

>>Merlinjones I know the old Golden Horseshoe was fun but we are never going to get back the EXACT same show.<<

What I described is not the EXACT same show by any means whatsoever - no tenor, no Pecos Bill comedian and two different song suggestions. What Golden Horseshoe most needs is it's dancing girls back - - my suggestion is a way to save money by trimming the cast by two leads while preserving what was most classic about the original - - and what audiences would most appreciate now (you could camp up the men from audience as dancers part even more today...).

Of course, the uppity PC police in Entertainment probably just hate the idea of dancing girls - but that isn't the point of this thread, is it? That's what I would do to bring some sizzle and fun and eye candy back to Frontierland and that beautiful old saloon.

Comment

>>dont they do a review almost exactly like that at knotts? I believe they do!<<

I haven't been to Knott's in years - - but you are making me hungry for Mrs. Knott's Fried Chicken.

Hey, Disneyland could hire them to moonlight, then.

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones
                          I haven't been to Knott's in years - - but you are making me hungry for Mrs. Knott's Fried Chicken.
                          Best. Dinners. Ever. I am willing to make the drive out from West Los Angeles to have some of that chicken. If only I had a car.
                          Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

hahaha. I believe the show is in the calico saloon! now Knotts has a truely great western themed area!

Comment

I went DL last year and saw the DL marching band for the first time it was assome, I guess they perform in the mornings. The sad thing I noticed was it was only like 8 people and I remember from photos of I think the 60's where they had a full band.

I think it would be cool to bring back the band in all it's glory and possobly march down the parade rout and stop and play some classic disney toons, but eh thats just me.
                              Other places you can find me:

Digg
                              Steam

Comment

Originally posted by zugzug15
                                hahaha. I believe the show is in the calico saloon! now Knotts has a truely great western themed area!
                                They used to. It's slowly being filtered out by new management who want to turn it into a thrill park like Magic Mountain instead of a Western theme park like it was ten years ago.
                                Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                                Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                                May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Other than a new Golden Horseshoe Can-Can revue... I'd like to see:

Mariachis in Frontierland on a regular basis

Zorro swordfights in Frontierland courtyard

Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday show at Plaza Gardens - plus chalk pavement artists

Marionette Show by Gepetto's House

Jazz on the Mark Twain again

Mardi Gras crews in New Orleans Square

Hula dancers in Tiki Room garden

Belly dancers, sword swallowers and snake charmers in Aladdin's Oasis

A good band at Tomorrowland Terrace

Electronica Dance DJ at TT

Sleeping Beauty Ballet at Fantasyland Theatre

Tony and Joe from Lady and the Tramp on Main Street (Plaza Inn?)

Steel Drum Band full time in Adventureland

Matterhorn Climbers continue (but with better narration, Swiss music)

Live Mermaids in the lagoon

Tribal Indian dancers in Frontierland

Big Name Entertainment again

Tarzan at his Treehouse more often

Comment

Merlin! I love the idea of live mermaids in the lagoon! that would be awesome. It would provide some entertainment for the people looking into the lagoon and also (assuming the people are taught how to swim with the costumes on) it would be part of the submarine ride! hahaha.

ohh as far as tomorowland having the stage up on the balcony like area. the disease ball would need to be removed for audience viewing area!

Comment

I would love to see Mickeys Nut Kracker during Christmas time, they could put it at FLT or Hyperion. I would also like to see a day parade and a seperet night parade like the way it used to be.
                                      sigpic

Comment

>>Merlin! I love the idea of live mermaids in the lagoon! that would be awesome. It would provide some entertainment for the people looking into the lagoon and also (assuming the people are taught how to swim with the costumes on) it would be part of the submarine ride! hahaha. <<

You may be too young to know... but there were live mermaids in the lagoon from the late 50's - mid-60's. They sat on the rocks out there and looked cute, waving at the crowds.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X