This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• portable hole

This is the only effects that i dont know how it works can anyone help m with this
    pshhh i guess

i think its just a wall that can move backwards and forwards and has a big hole in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Treat
      This is the only effects that i dont know how it works can anyone help m with this
      mirror

look carefully and then look back
      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

This is difficult to explain in words, so bear with me.

Spoiler
        The effect incorporates two key elements: an angled mirror and black paint.

Before the hole is "attached" by Roger to the wall, it looks like he is holding a large empty black void which is the hole. The interior of the hole is painted completely black so that even from a distance it gives the illusion that the whole has no perceivable depth. It just looks like a flat black object. This is key to the first part of the illusion.

The second part of the illusion is accomplished by covering the side of the hole which is facing you with a mirror. The only thing is you can't tell it's a mirror because the mirror is not facing you. Instead, the mirror is at a 45 degree angle. Therefore, the reflection you actually see in the mirror is the reflection of the wall it's adjacent to. Thus giving the illusion that the wall extends to the end of the room, when in reality, the mirror is actually covering the side of the tunnel that exits the attraction. As you approach, Roger "pushes" the entire mechanism into the wall such that you don't ever get to see the mirror up close... And that's how it's done.

Comment

duplicate post

duplicate post
          Last edited by monorail1; 04-12-2005, 08:50 PM. Reason: duplicate post

Comment

I also like that effect. It is a moving wall that has a mirred sides.
            -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
            -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
            --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

God.. I have to go on Roger Rabbit again. I stopped going on it years ago!
              Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X