X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robotpirates
    replied
    God.. I have to go on Roger Rabbit again. I stopped going on it years ago!

Leave a comment:

• AP2CM
    replied
    I also like that effect. It is a moving wall that has a mirred sides.

Leave a comment:

• monorail1
    replied
    duplicate post

duplicate post
    Last edited by monorail1; 04-12-2005, 08:50 PM. Reason: duplicate post

Leave a comment:

• monorail1
    replied
    This is difficult to explain in words, so bear with me.

Spoiler
    The effect incorporates two key elements: an angled mirror and black paint.

Before the hole is "attached" by Roger to the wall, it looks like he is holding a large empty black void which is the hole. The interior of the hole is painted completely black so that even from a distance it gives the illusion that the whole has no perceivable depth. It just looks like a flat black object. This is key to the first part of the illusion.

The second part of the illusion is accomplished by covering the side of the hole which is facing you with a mirror. The only thing is you can't tell it's a mirror because the mirror is not facing you. Instead, the mirror is at a 45 degree angle. Therefore, the reflection you actually see in the mirror is the reflection of the wall it's adjacent to. Thus giving the illusion that the wall extends to the end of the room, when in reality, the mirror is actually covering the side of the tunnel that exits the attraction. As you approach, Roger "pushes" the entire mechanism into the wall such that you don't ever get to see the mirror up close... And that's how it's done.

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied
    Originally posted by Treat
    This is the only effects that i dont know how it works can anyone help m with this
    mirror

look carefully and then look back

Leave a comment:

• Captain Zissou
    replied
    i think its just a wall that can move backwards and forwards and has a big hole in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• Treat
    started a topic portable hole

portable hole

This is the only effects that i dont know how it works can anyone help m with this

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X