Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

    I don't know about you, but I LOVE WALT DISNEY'S PARADE OF DREAMS!!! I've heard rumors that it's sticking around even after the 50th is over. It's such a great parade. I like the "Welcome to Our Family" song and the floats are soooo elaborate.

    Whatever WDI chooses to do...

    PLEASE DON'T BRING BACK PARADE OF STARS. UGG - THE WORST PARADE DL HAS EVER SEEN. (POOR MAIN STREET....)

    I remember when I first came to DL in 1998 and they had the Hercules and Mulan parade...those were the days....

  • #2
    Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

    I don't think Disney saves all the floats, except for the Holiday Parade. I thought I heard this before, but I can be wrong. They would have to rebuild the floats to bring back any particular parade. Doesn't sound like it would be in the best interest to have to rebuild all the old floats again.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

      I don't get why everyone hates Parade of the Stars so much. Was it the music, floats, dancing, characters, or is it because over 50% of the Disney Internet world hates it? I mean, everytime Parade of the Stars performed, the Street and Small World Promenade areas were full of guests waiting to see it. If the parade was hated so much, how come hundreds of people always sat to watch it? And why would they bring that parade back anyway? That parade was originally created for the 45th Anniversary. But then again, anything Disney brings back is always disliked by the online community...

      For example...In 2005, during the Spring Break time, Disneyland debuted a short-term fireworks show called Imagine...A Fantasy in the Sky. Throughout that week, there was nothing but negative remarks towards it, and the most negative posts I read were actually on this site. The music used in the show was the EXACT same music used in the former Fantasy in the Sky fireworks that performed in Disneyland for 42 YEARS! How could a show that ran for 4 decades and adored by many be so hated for it's brief return in 2005???? To this day, I still don't get it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

        ^ It's a weird world out there. People are strange. I don't understand half of it myself. It's crazy out there!

        "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

        "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
        -Jurassic Park

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

          Originally posted by InnerSpace
          I don't get why everyone hates Parade of the Stars so much. Was it the music, floats, dancing, characters, or is it because over 50% of the Disney Internet world hates it? I mean, everytime Parade of the Stars performed, the Street and Small World Promenade areas were full of guests waiting to see it. If the parade was hated so much, how come hundreds of people always sat to watch it? And why would they bring that parade back anyway? That parade was originally created for the 45th Anniversary. But then again, anything Disney brings back is always disliked by the online community...

          For example...In 2005, during the Spring Break time, Disneyland debuted a short-term fireworks show called Imagine...A Fantasy in the Sky. Throughout that week, there was nothing but negative remarks towards it, and the most negative posts I read were actually on this site. The music used in the show was the EXACT same music used in the former Fantasy in the Sky fireworks that performed in Disneyland for 42 YEARS! How could a show that ran for 4 decades and adored by many be so hated for it's brief return in 2005???? To this day, I still don't get it.
          Wow 42 years?? I had no idea disneyland even had a fireworks show over 42 years ago. I thought the shows were changed regularly.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

            I have to agree, the Parade of the Stars had one of the most repetitive theme songs ever. I would honestly like to see what new parade Disney can put out instead of seeing an old parade resurrected.
            Woof!








            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

              Awww...I like this parade, although it does seem shorter than those in the past. And I love the "Welcome to Our Family" song. My sister and I always try to sing along but we don't know the words.

              ETA: oops, misread the post. I love parade of dreams. That's what I meant to say.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

                Originally posted by Disneylandrocks55
                Wow 42 years?? I had no idea disneyland even had a fireworks show over 42 years ago. I thought the shows were changed regularly.
                From 1956 to 1999 Disneyland ran "Fantasy In The Sky" during the summer season. It was about 7 minutes long, and was just basic fireworks shells thrown up in the air while the park PA system played some instrumental versions of famous Disney songs. There was no rhyme or reason for the pyro shells shot into the air as the music played. It was very simple and rather cheap to produce. Walt created it, gave it his blessing, and it lasted for decades after his death. On the 4th of July they would add an extra 5 minutes of patriotic stuff at the end of the regular 7 minute show. Until the late 1990's the fireworks were only performed for about 10 weeks in the summertime, and occasionally on weekends around Easter vacation. It was unheard of to have fireworks after Labor Day or around Christmastime.

                Only when Steven Davison was asked to create a new fireworks show for the 45th Anniversary in 2000 did the concept of specially created fireworks shows with plotlines and purpose come into being. The fireworks in 2000 were about 12 minutes long and were performed year round, which seemed like a very big deal after decades of a 7 minute fireworks show only during summer. In December, 2000 Davison created the first Christmas themed show, and it was instantly popular. Previously, Disneyland had never offered fireworks at Christmas. They added the snowfall effect in 2001. The new show Davison created in 2005 for the 50th was even longer, clocking in at around 18 minutes long. WOW!

                If your only point of reference for fireworks at Disneyland is from the last 5 or 6 years, you might think Disneyland has always put on extravagant pyrotechnic displays year round. But if you have been visiting Disneyland since the 1950's, 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's, then the current fireworks offerings seem very elaborate and impressive. Just the fact that you could see an 18 minute long fireworks show on a Saturday night in September or January or May is really cool, compared to the limited fireworks schedule of 7 minute shows offered during Disneyland's first 45 years of operation.
                Last edited by TP2000; 06-14-2006, 01:45 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

                  I don't think PotS was that short. I was astonished at how short PoD was, but the former parade didn't seem that short. I don't know, maybe I'm just partial to the old parade because I got to dance in it, and because Belle's my favorite character and they gave her a wicked cool float. It wasn't that imaginative, but it was kind of fun.

                  I think people were predisposed to hate Imagine because it was a placeholder show, and never pretended to be anything but a placeholder show. It was only going to be there so they could save up their pollution credits for Remember, but people hated it because it replaced Believe, and they loved Believe. But yes, Fantasy in the Sky was Disneyland's first fireworks show, debuting in 1958 and running until 2000, when it was replaced by Believe.

                  Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

                  "It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

                    TP: Where are you getting the 1957 date? I ask because I'm creating a timeline of all the shows, attractions, and parades from Disneyland's history for the Opera House (well, editing it anyway, the one we have is incomplete and occasionally inaccurate), and the only date I found for the original fireworks was '58. Then again, I found that from Wikipedia, so God only knows if it's accurate; some of the other dates I've gotten from there have been wrong.

                    Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

                    "It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

                      Nononono....I meant that PoD was short. Sorry, I should have been clearer in my post. It's late, and I can't seem to get off of MiceChat.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

                        Actually, evie, you were pretty clear. I probably shouldn't be on MiceChat either...

                        Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

                        "It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

                          Originally posted by aerinpegadrak
                          TP: Where are you getting the 1957 date? I ask because I'm creating a timeline of all the shows, attractions, and parades from Disneyland's history for the Opera House (well, editing it anyway, the one we have is incomplete and occasionally inaccurate), and the only date I found for the original fireworks was '58. Then again, I found that from Wikipedia, so God only knows if it's accurate; some of the other dates I've gotten from there have been wrong.
                          I got the '57 date from my brain. But I've just changed it to 1956. The 1956 date comes from two books I own; Disneyland, The First Quarter Century which was published in 1979 by Walt Disney Productions, and Disneyland, Memories Of A Lifetime which was published in 2000 by the Disney Editions division of The Walt Disney Company.

                          I knew Disneyland didn't have fireworks during it's first year, but I thought it wasn't until '57 that the nightly summertime show started. I stand corrected, as it was apparently 1956 that Fantasy In The Sky began. The Tinkerbell part of the show didn't appear until the summer of 1961.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

                            Originally posted by CaptPhoebus
                            I don't think Disney saves all the floats, except for the Holiday Parade. I thought I heard this before, but I can be wrong. They would have to rebuild the floats to bring back any particular parade. Doesn't sound like it would be in the best interest to have to rebuild all the old floats again.
                            That's incorrect... almost every float is saved. The floats end up at other parks, gutted for the props, or go into storage in case a current float breaks, and then they have a back up float.

                            Just an example, after the Lion King Parade was at Disneyland, the floats were put into storage. They were later pulled out of storage, sold to the Walt Disney World Company for a dollar a piece, refurbished, and put in use at the Festival of the Lion King show at Disney's Animal Kingdom in WDW. And they're still used today. And take a look at that Rhino costume in the Parade of Dreams...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Parade of Stars...Please Don't Come Back!!!

                              Originally posted by TP2000
                              I got the '57 date from my brain. But I've just changed it to 1956. The 1956 date comes from two books I own; Disneyland, The First Quarter Century which was published in 1979 by Walt Disney Productions, and Disneyland, Memories Of A Lifetime which was published in 2000 by the Disney Editions division of The Walt Disney Company.

                              I knew Disneyland didn't have fireworks during it's first year, but I thought it wasn't until '57 that the nightly summertime show started. I stand corrected, as it was apparently 1956 that Fantasy In The Sky began. The Tinkerbell part of the show didn't appear until the summer of 1961.
                              Beautimous. I'll correct my information now. (As well as Wikipedia, haha.)

                              Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

                              "It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X