Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Can Disney's California Adventure Be Fixed?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with most of Lance's points -- esp. the Tortilla Factory and Bread "attractions". I don't mind them being there, but let's not put them on the map and count them towards the total number of attractions, okay?

Golden Dreams has got to go... plenty of room there to do something more with the interesting (because it doesn't exist at DL) Redwood/Grizzly theme.

Now, I'm a big DL fan and having "Walt's Original" right next door hasn't helped DCA. On my most recent visit, we also took the kids to Knotts and let me tell you if you think DCA is sad you've got another thing coming. That's a mess of a park, I'll tell you...

I like DCA. I'd like it better if they made it better of course but overall I do find parts of it quite charming.
    Kevin Crossman
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

Comment

It's absurd that a lot of you are saying DCA change it's theme. I personally don't mind the theme (sure, its not the best, but it can work).. it just needs some money and more effort pumped into it to make it all work properly.

I enjoy the idea of expanding the Hollywood Pictures Backlot into a larger Los Angeles area.
      HPB is my favorite section of the park- it's beautifully themed- but it just needs more rides.
      I really dislike the idea of adding in Rock N Rollercoaster or Mickeys Phillaharmagic anywhere in the park just because what DCA needs are brand new rides, not copied rides from WDW.

Paradise Peir is really a mess. I love the lights of it at night and the theming is great.. its just not origninal. Disney could easily make it orignal though with some new rides that aren't as boring as the swings you can find at the county fair.

I think the ocean in front of Paradise Peir needs a large pyrotechnic/water show for the evening. Something that would continually draw crowds like Fantasmic! does but nothing very similar as Fantasmic... I like the surfer idea that someone mentioned a while back on this thread, but how safe could that be?? What if the performers got hurt? "Mommy, was that man supposed to drown after falling off his surfboard?" "Oh, Timmy, that man didn't drown! He's only.. uh... pretending.." "Then why are they rescuing him?"
      I don't think a show with live surfers or performers on the water like that would be that safe....

Really, there are so many great ideas out there for DCA... but who knows what Disney will do.

A monorail station would be a great idea for DCA. they could possibly make it open into a redesigned Millionaire building designed like an airport or train station and people could enter/exit through there.. they could even include a ticket booth in there offering park visitors to convert their 1-Day 1-Park tickets into Parkhoppers. The only problem would be the theme- certainly not matching Hollywood- but then again Monsters Inc doesnt fit much either, huh?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey
        A monorail station would be a great idea for DCA. they could possibly make it open into a redesigned Millionaire building designed like an airport or train station and people could enter/exit through there.. they could even include a ticket booth in there offering park visitors to convert their 1-Day 1-Park tickets into Parkhoppers. The only problem would be the theme- certainly not matching Hollywood- but then again Monsters Inc doesnt fit much either, huh?
        if you've read my LA expansion plans (linked to on the first page of this thread) then you'll know that I recommended building a Monerail station themed to the LAX out there that connects to both a new resort hotel and serves as an entry into the park (the new hotel would be were the Candycane Inn is now)

yes that'd require moving the monerail track over but this's also part of my consideration for the eventual establishment of a third gate (the monerail track would extend all the way out and to the third gate land)
        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Two quick ideas:

-Disney should explore the California history route. California's pre-colonial and mission era roots would not only give the park some historical and educational legitimacy, but also would provide for plenty of immersive themed environments. Contact Knott's down the street for ideas on using local history within your park.

-Please use that rediculously huge lake for something. I mean come on, it's giant and isn't doing anything. Use the water for something, whatever, just don't make me walk all the way around it when it's not serving any other purpose than reflecting at night.

Comment

i think that DCA should do some type of nite water show with that big lake there in the center of the park.

i also think that they should do some type of Halloween Haunt. it would so boost up the ticket sales and it would bring more people to the park. i think it would be a cool idea if they would do something like that. but they would have to lower the price for the Halloween Haunt cuz i dont think people will pay $53 for it.
            "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

Comment

I like that Halloween Haunt idea, though it might be tough to compete with Knott's so near by and so successful at it. Plus, will Disney commit to being scary? Worth considering though.

Comment

i think disney can do anything they set their minds too. knott's needs somebody to compete with theirs and having it at dca will be good. it will be good for disney to do something like this. and it would be great for dca to get some more attention. they just need to do something.
                "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
                  No. The California theme goes out the door for me in the imaginary theme park that resides in my mind...
                  I agree Gemini, But I like the "America" Theme but what about the colonial East brought to the west?
                  What about the park that failed back east? Why not recreate that here?
                  I can go to Santa Cruz anytime for boardwalk rides.
                  1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

CA History Ride Plan/&quot;Golden Moments&quot;

I'm definitely in the brainstorming stages of a CA history ride. So far I've come up a title (Golden Moments), various sets, type of car, and the startings of a script. However, the way it's looking right now, it looks like we could a 2+ story building in the shape of CA! (What can I say, I think big). To give you some idea of where my insanity is taking me, think of Haunted Mansion meets Spaceship Earth (This elevator takes you UP to the cars). Give me a little more time and I can give you ALLL the details.

I just know that should I design it to the finer detail I'm going to seek out Matt myself and submit it. lol

Thanks for the inspiration, Jspider.
                    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

I approve of the Americaland philosophy, its a know fact across the web that CA has lost favor in many categories.

Hopefully it won't be after terrorists nuke NYC and Washington DC that somebody figures out that we need more of our heritage of our wonderful free country.
                      Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
                      "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Comment

As said by someone earlier: DCa is a work in progress. Get some new E and D-ticket attractions and it will start drawing larger crowds.
                        www.villainmountain.com

Comment

Originally posted by colaboy29
                          As said by someone earlier: DCa is a work in progress. Get some new E and D-ticket attractions and it will start drawing larger crowds.
                          That link doesn't work.
                          Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey
                            I think the ocean in front of Paradise Peir needs a large pyrotechnic/water show for the evening. Something that would continually draw crowds like Fantasmic! does but nothing very similar as Fantasmic... I like the surfer idea that someone mentioned a while back on this thread, but how safe could that be?? What if the performers got hurt? "Mommy, was that man supposed to drown after falling off his surfboard?" "Oh, Timmy, that man didn't drown! He's only.. uh... pretending.." "Then why are they rescuing him?"
                            I don't think a show with live surfers or performers on the water like that would be that safe....
                            I would actually be much safer than surfing in the ocean. A wave pool is a much more controlled enviroment and if you hire ACTUALLY surfers who do this everyday your accident levels would drop significantly. There are often way too many factors that can get us surfers into trouble if we are not vigilant and are often on constant alert. We have to keep in careful mind about where the rip currents are, sumurged rocks, kelp strands that we could get tangled in, rogue huge waves that sometimes roll in between sets and catch us off gaurd, and especially where your fellow surfers are so you don't get clocked upside the head with a fast moving weapon made of fiberglass and foam. That is why there is a surfer's etitique that we follow so no one gets hurt. Oh yeah, I forgot the fact that living up here in Santa Cruz, we actually become part of the food chain when we enter the water and have to keep watch on how the local wildlife are acting. If the are acting spooked and seem to hurry out of specific areas of the water...then there is a pretty good bet that there is some kind of predator in the vicinity.
                            If DCA turned the lake into a wave pool and got real surfers and not people just taught to surf. Accidents will be very little.
                            PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Orcatime
                              I'm definitely in the brainstorming stages of a CA history ride. So far I've come up a title (Golden Moments), various sets, type of car, and the startings of a script. However, the way it's looking right now, it looks like we could a 2+ story building in the shape of CA! (What can I say, I think big). To give you some idea of where my insanity is taking me, think of Haunted Mansion meets Spaceship Earth (This elevator takes you UP to the cars). Give me a little more time and I can give you ALLL the details.

I just know that should I design it to the finer detail I'm going to seek out Matt myself and submit it. lol

Thanks for the inspiration, Jspider.
                              hey no prob

let me see how it turns out though

oh and while your there pitch some of my ideas to Matt too I seriously wish I could have an AP and visit Disneyland more then I do o_o
                              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
                                What do you think?
                                Do you have any ideas on how it could be fixed?

Or is it a lost cause and the focus should be on the 3rd park?
                                Fix what? Why do so many of you think that California Adventure is such a failure.

The problem is you compare it to Disneyland a park that has been built out over the past 50 years. How many of you have attended a brand-new theme park and if so did the park feel finished? I hope not since that would be a bad sign of the future success.

Theme parks need to constantly reinvent themselves to keep the visitors coming back. Disney has an advantage over most parks that they don't have to reinvent as often, but they still have to go through the motions just over a longer period of time.

The only problem with DCA in the beginning has been a little over capacity on food and retail locations, but in time they'll be needed. DCA opened with more attractions than most of the recently built Orlando Disney Parks. Expections for DCA for too many of you were unrealistic and completely out of whack. The complaints about carnival rides were unjustified since Disneyland is full of just that... themed carnival rides.

Who here knows was the TOP 10 Best Attended Parks in North America was last year. Funny, how a park so often criticized is also one of the most succesful in North America. It beats out well loved parks like Busch Gardens, SeaWorld and Cedar Point.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X