X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MickeyJCA
    replied
    Yep, I always thought it was strange that they never released parade and show soundtracks. Well, I say "never" and I guess that's not really true. But we usually get bits and pieces along with other tracks (like on the "official" CD's). They did release the Aladdin show on CD, but, well, it's the Aladdin[I] show for goodness sake!

I'd also love to have the soundtracks from the Christmas parades released. I made my own "Christmas at Disneyland" CD last year with things I had pulled from various sources (I'm a total Christmas geek... ). But it would be great to have the different versions of the Christmas Fantasy and Very Merry Christmas Parades.

Oh, and how about the Country Bear Christmas Show? I've searched high and low for that one with no luck.

OK, I'm rambling and totally off topic...

Leave a comment:

• SpectroMan
    replied
    I've wanted this for a decade and can't imagine why it was never done. Sure, Electrical Parade has been released MANY times, Light Magic made it on one CD, and there were videos of Lion King and EP, but that leaves out an awful lot. Tokyo Disneyland releases every parade and show on CD, why not us? I'm guessing it has to do with securing rights to the songs, but if that's the case, why not build that into the contracts when the songs are first written?
    I can't imagine that DL's marketing folks don't realize that there is, and always has been, a market for parade CDs!

Leave a comment:

• MickeyJCA
    replied
    I would buy it, if only for Blast To The Past (including The Main Street Hop) and Party Gras (the uncut version, before they realized that the dancers couldn't go for that long in the hot California summer sun!).

And why not throw in the soundtrack to "One Man's Dream" (not the WDW movie --- the 1990 stage show at Videopolis!)?

Leave a comment:

• AP2CM
    replied
    absolutely! I'd deffinitely invest in that!

Leave a comment:

• DisneyFunGuy
    started a topic Parade Music on CD...

Parade Music on CD...

Wouldn't it be great if Disney could do a special CD with all the different music and songs of parades they've done in the past 50 years, including the new one to come, Parade of Dreams?

For me, the oldest parade I can remember is *America on Parade* back in 1976! But parades like Totally Minnie, State Fair, Celebrate USA, Blast to the Past, Party Gras, World According to Goofy, and so many others! Heck, they may even need 2 CD's to put all the wonderful parades together. And yes, even Light Magic would be on it, LOL!!

So, what do you think? Sound like a good idea?

Patrick

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X