This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The elusive Adventureland Tiki Head

This one's a LONG shot, but here it goes.

On my childhood trip to Disneyland I got my hands on a Disney Souvenir that I've always longed to replace.
    It's a simple silly thing, but it has a special place in my memories.

It was an Adventureland souvenir and it was a miniature wooden tiki head with plastic colored "jewels" for eyes. The thing I remember most about it...was the way it smelled.
    Yup. It had an oily, oaky smell...that I can only describe as Adventureland. Every time I visit the park, I look in every Adventureland Souvenir shop I can...to find it.

A fool's quest I know. They are probably LONG gone. (I'm talking circa 1977-78 here) Does anyone remember these little Tiki heads?

(sigh) I just miss Disneyland.

Re: The elusive Adventureland Tiki Head

That would be back when Adventureland had shops that sold items exclusive to that land--most of the stores in the park were unique instead of copies of each other with mostly the same merchandise. Yeah, I miss that part of Disneyland also.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmielsen
      That would be back when Adventureland had shops that sold items exclusive to that land--most of the stores in the park were unique instead of copies of each other with mostly the same merchandise. Yeah, I miss that part of Disneyland also.
      My mom used a great word to describe Disneyland's current state of its stores: homogenized.

It's a beautiful word

Comment

Originally posted by ProfGriffin
        This one's a LONG shot, but here it goes.

On my childhood trip to Disneyland I got my hands on a Disney Souvenir that I've always longed to replace.
        It's a simple silly thing, but it has a special place in my memories.

It was an Adventureland souvenir and it was a miniature wooden tiki head with plastic colored "jewels" for eyes. The thing I remember most about it...was the way it smelled.
        Yup. It had an oily, oaky smell...that I can only describe as Adventureland. Every time I visit the park, I look in every Adventureland Souvenir shop I can...to find it.

A fool's quest I know. They are probably LONG gone. (I'm talking circa 1977-78 here) Does anyone remember these little Tiki heads?

(sigh) I just miss Disneyland.
        I suggest trying ebay. They might not have it right now, but if you keep checking back, that might pop up. From what you've described, I think I've seen something like that listed once.

Comment

I remember those!
          "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. " -George Washington

Comment

Thank you for confirming:

1 That they DID exist
            2. It's possible to track one down.

I wonder if they'd still have that smell..(almost sandlewood) after so many years.

-P.G.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X