• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

11:00 pm Buzz Lightyear store (pin store) on the Monday night after the
    anniversary this year!

I wanted to purchase a pin set... so the CM says he has to go into the back
    and find them... takes 10 minutes to do that came back out in the meantime and asked someone else where they were and still didn't come back with the correct set the first time...

then he opens it ultra carefully, and then doesn't re-close the box this
    takes about another 5 minutes...

Then he rings the sale, and my credit card didn't work... well, it did work, the CM wasn't trained right! For about 45 minutes he tried to:

1. find the phone number for my credit card company (he looked everywhere)
    2. walked around the store with my card
    3. laid my card on the counter near the other register where anyone could've grabbed it
    4. enlisted the help of 3 other CM's to try to figure out what was wrong with my card
    5. went out to the sales floor and helped other guests for about 10
    minutes
    6. refused to tell me what was wrong with my card
    7. refused to void my sale so I could come back the next day when a
    more trained CM was working
    8. told me the wrong location to go to in order to ship a package home
    9. tried to "bag" my pin set... which was not happening since they didn't have a bag big enough, but he tried about 6 bags (the biggest is the biggest, even when you go into the back to get a bigger one!)

all in all, I was in line well over an hour, was there way past park closing, ALL HE NEEDED TO DO was enter the 3 digit code from the back of my VISA and all would've been good! FINALLY a CM from the Buzz ride itsself walked by and he called her over, she was in a hurry to get out but luckily she stopped and saw what was wrong and viola! it finished the transaction!

I looked at his name badge and it said "Class of 2005" being the day after the anniversary, I can understand this kind of madness with no leads being around, but why aren't CM's trained? Either that or he was too busy chatting during training - he didn't appear old enough to have a drivers license! What happened to quality and pride at DLR?

This is all after getting stuck on the monorail for about 30 minutes due to the fire near the castle after the fireworks that night, and then having several kids and their parents get very upset at my friend for not pin trading with them (he wears a non-Disney pin vest AND a gold souvenier name badge but he's not a CM) while we were standing there in line!

:bang:

Comment

Good CM Stories: About a year and a half ago my grandmother's wheelchair broke while we were riding the handicap shuttle from the Parking Structure to DTD. Her wheelchair lurched to the side, throwing her weight against her arm. She had just recoved from breaking her other arm a few months previous, so this scared her to death and she was shouting and crying. Greg, the CM driving the shuttle, was so amazingly kind, helpful, and concerned; he did everything right, even though he was completely shaken. The nurse (and everyone else) that came out to check on her were also terrific, and they gave us a free wheelchair for the day, plus my grandmother got a sticker! lol. She still has it in her room, with the date of the "event" written on the back.

Another time I was entering Disneyland and my ticket-taker, an older woman, scanned my AP and said in the most loving, grandmotherly voice I've ever heard, "Welcome to Disneyland!" as if she were inviting me into her own warm kitchen filled with fresh baked cookies. It was magical, like the most heart-warming commercial you've ever, ever seen, and I'll never forget the very real, warm sense of welcome that instantly swept over me.

Those people have the Disney Spirit!

Comment

So, about a month or so ago, I was driving into the structure, and the CM takes my AP, starts to turn towards her booth as she's looking at it, turns back, starts trying to peer into the windows of my vehicle, and says, "Is....she....in the car with you?" Um, yeah, that's me. "Oh! You just look so much younger in the picture." "Thanks....I think," I said, as I drove off.

Then a week later, my very next visit, in fact, I'm driving into the structure, and hand the guy my AP. He looks at my AP, looks up at me, looks at my AP again, looks up at me, looks unconvinced but turns to give me my parking pass anyway. "Wait a sec," I said, "That's the second time someone's had an issue with my AP, what's wrong with it?" "You just look a lot younger in your picture," he replies.

My really bad CM experience was 10 years ago. We were there for grad night. Now, mind you, neither I nor my friends were small girls. The Thunder CM MAKES us sit 3 to a row. We protested, knowing our butts were too big to all fit, and he wouldn't listen. So one of my friends rode the whole thing sitting on the very front edge of the seat with no back support, and the other two of us sat way back in the seat with improper restraint because the bar couldn't come further back than the friend on the edge.

And of course city hall is closed on grad nights.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by melmel

Waited in line for a long time at Bengal Barbeque, and when we got up to the front, I got really friendly with our cashier-- just casual conversation, and I mentioned that I knew another CM who worked at River Belle Terrace. He/She said he/she knew him, and left to make our skewered meat sticks. When he/she came back, he/she doubled our order. It was very nice of him/her, and I can't say that I expected it!

Isn't that stealing????
          we have him/her to thank for the increasing price of admission and food

Comment

Originally posted by idontneedaname
            Isn't that stealing????
            we have him/her to thank for the increasing price of admission and food

Do you really think a meat skewer csots as much as they charge? No, giving away a few little pieces of meat certainly isn't increasing prices. The execs and management are by choice. Admission can cover many a thing, but with all ya'lls asking for new attractions, that's what increases the cost.

Do you really think it costs them $8 to put a scoop of soup in a sourdough bread boule? No. But replacing one that somebody drops isn't what causes that ridiculous price. Greed is.

Do you honestly think that giving away two skewers of meat increased the price of the park $3 per ticket? If you do, I hope you are not pursuing a career in accounting.
            Member of the Disney Class of 2005
            Disneyland CM for 4 years.
            May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by monorail1
              Just an FYI, the "castmembers" who stalk you for a picture as soon as you enter the park work on commission. That's why they're so eager to get your picture!
              NOT TRUE.

There is no commission, only incentive (a little extra cash on your paycheck if the store does well in general).

Do you really think it costs them $8 to put a scoop of soup in a sourdough bread boule? No. But replacing one that somebody drops isn't what causes that ridiculous price. Greed is.
              For example, they recently brought the price of ODV Ice Cream up by 50 cents. Not a large amount, but they know that people will pay it to beat the heat.
              Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Comment

during may, i went to disneyland to watch remember.. well it was really packed and we just arrived when it started. we were close to the castle near frontierland. then during the beginning, there's this cast member that kept telling me to move. i was taping the fireworks show btw. and it was PACKED. you couldn't move at all because of all the people. he kept repeatedly telling me to move, and he kept flashing his light saber at my face and i said, "HOW COULD I MOVE WITH THIS AMOUNT OF PEOPLE, CAN'T YOU SEE THE CROWDS SIR?!" then he started to push me and my dad and he kept slightly pushing us thinking that it would make the mass of people move towards frontierland. so then my dad pushed him back because he was tired of him barking at us when there's nothing we could do. he threatened me and my dad saying that we'll get arrested for not moving. so throughout half of the fireworks show he kept bothering us to move when we still can't! then he called security and i got semi-scared. then they finally realized that due to the massive crowds, they can't do anything about it. then he FINALLY left us alone.

when i went home and upoloaded everything from my digital camera, i watched the video of the fireworks, and you could hear everything he was saying ): way to go killing the magic. lol

Comment

Originally posted by eyes_of_mara
                  For example, they recently brought the price of ODV Ice Cream up by 50 cents. Not a large amount, but they know that people will pay it to beat the heat.

haha, and we can get it for $1.50 at cast dining locations. XD Mmm, how I love a Mickey cookies n cream bar!
                  Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                  Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                  May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

I prefer the Toll House Cookie Sandwiches.

Oh, and runswithscissors, where exactly were you?

Comment

kinda near the entrance towards frontierland, but its not near the trees or whatever. hahaha. close to where you could see the side of the castle

Comment

Do you really think a meat skewer csots as much as they charge? No, giving away a few little pieces of meat certainly isn't increasing prices. The execs and management are by choice. Admission can cover many a thing, but with all ya'lls asking for new attractions, that's what increases the cost.

Do you honestly think that giving away two skewers of meat increased the price of the park $3 per ticket? If you do, I hope you are not pursuing a career in accounting.
                        Do I think a meat skewer costs as much as they charge? Of couse not, it's called profit margin.

let me ask you this, if it's "only" a meat skewer and Disney won't miss it, then why not give them away free all day to every guest?

would it be right for a CM working the entrance gate let his/hers friends in for free?
                        no

would it be right if a CM working in the stores giving his/hers friends free souvenirs?
                        no

then why is it right giving free food to friends? because it's under $10?

there is no way to justify it. it is stealing

Comment

Originally posted by runswithscissors
                          kinda near the entrance towards frontierland, but its not near the trees or whatever. hahaha. close to where you could see the side of the castle
                          Were you anywhere near or on the Frontierland Bridge?

Comment

Originally posted by Stephanie2786
                            Well last October I walked into Pooh Corner after riding the Pooh ride. I walked up to the candy window and order my son a cookie, this mid 20 something women Cast member walked up to me and asked how old baby brother was, I replied hes my son and she started laughing. She asked how old I was and I told her 18 she started talking to all the Cast members around her and guests and asked them can you believe it this women probably got pregnant at 15. I said in a nasty tone, NO ITS WAS 16. She was acting like shes never seen a young mom. This carried on until she finally gave me what I ordered and payed for it. I wish I would have said something at City Hall. After that happened I wanted to leave Disneyland. After that whenever I saw her there I avoided going into that store.
                            That is so sad - I'm sorry you had to go thru that. What a terrible display of manners, especially at DL.

Originally posted by Stephanie2786
                            Probably 4 months ago in Toon Town I was with my son and we stoped walking so I could grab him some Crackers from the stroller. Then right beside us walked one on the chipmunks, either Chip or Dale. Quickly a line started to form right next to us. Chris, my son didn't even notice them. After they took one picture with some kids, he walked up to us and took Chris' sippy cup and pretended to drink it, so Chris handed him a handful of his crackers and he pretened to eat it. They played for about 7 minutes or so, you could tell people where getting upset, since we weren't even in line. It was so awsome that he took time to play with him. Chris was soo happy. He gave him a high five and gave me a hug and left.
                            This however was a cool story. I love that the characters interact as much as they do, and I'm thankful they are everywhere again!
                            "Search the boat...."
                            First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you :love: MiceChat?
                            There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
                            - visit the MiceChat store
                            - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
                            Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

Comment

Wow, I sure envy all you people who have no bad CM stories! That must be wonderful; unfortunately I have encountered more bad CMs than I even care to admit to my own purist heart, particularly in the pre-Matt era and particularly at DCA.

One of the worst: In line at the Matterhorn, a female castmember who obviously felt she had far more authority than she actually did, asked "How many?" as we neared the front of the line. I said, "2, but we need to sit separately." She said, "Take Number 1 & 2!" We did so and stood there waiting our turn to board.
                              Suddenly, I felt two hands clamp down heavily on my shoulders as this castmember literally MOVED me over to the #1 gate, muttering coldly "Not there, HERE!" I was so stunned, I actually started shaking.

I whipped around, pushed her away and yelled, "Don't touch me!" She yelled back at me pointing her finger, "Get back in Number 1! You can't sit separately, Sir, it's not allowed! I'm in charge, you sit where I tell you!" Well, all I can say is that my temper flared more hot than I can ever remember and I gave her a piece of my mind, rather loudly I must say, holding up the entire line for a good minute or so. As I boarded the train still shaken (in Number 2 by the way), I was relieved to see that it was not just my own perception because the entire waiting line applauded me and gave me thumbs up as our car departed into the mountain.

When we exited the ride, a manager was RIGHT THERE assisting me out of my car and asking for the full story. He tried to give me a free FastPass to compensate for the incident, but I kindly refused and told him this was serious enough for a full City Hall complaint. A FastPass would not suffice. Arhhhhh, the memories of that castmember (dare I call her that) still make me burn when I'm reminded of the incident.

Anyway, I have just as many wonderful stories as well about the REAL castmembers that make our trips so enjoyable and will enjoy sharing those on other threads...

Comment

during may, i went to disneyland to watch remember.. well it was really packed and we just arrived when it started. we were close to the castle near frontierland. then during the beginning, there's this cast member that kept telling me to move. i was taping the fireworks show btw. and it was PACKED. you couldn't move at all because of all the people. he kept repeatedly telling me to move, and he kept flashing his light saber at my face and i said, "HOW COULD I MOVE WITH THIS AMOUNT OF PEOPLE, CAN'T YOU SEE THE CROWDS SIR?!" then he started to push me and my dad and he kept slightly pushing us thinking that it would make the mass of people move towards frontierland. so then my dad pushed him back because he was tired of him barking at us when there's nothing we could do. he threatened me and my dad saying that we'll get arrested for not moving. so throughout half of the fireworks show he kept bothering us to move when we still can't! then he called security and i got semi-scared. then they finally realized that due to the massive crowds, they can't do anything about it. then he FINALLY left us alone.

when i went home and upoloaded everything from my digital camera, i watched the video of the fireworks, and you could hear everything he was saying ): way to go killing the magic. lol
                                This happens all the time in guest control. If guests start stopping in an area, a cast member needs to get it moving immediately or the pathway will overfill to such a great extent that no one can get anywhere. Because Frontierland is used as the entrance to the westside of the park, the loss of this walkway would have prevented everyone heading up Main Street from accessing the westside and made guest control fail with incoming traffic. It is a large operation that requires every cast member to do his job. Remember, safety comes before courtesy in the eyes of the resort and that cast member was trying his best to keep thwe flow of guests moving and maintain those emergency walkways.

Comment

It is a stretch to come up with a bad CM story, because, as stated, its mostly a matter of perception and attitude. I mean the ODV guy that made fun of my Texas accent when I asked for a "Spriiiiiiiite" could have been seen as annoying, but I thought it was funny (8 years and that drawl can still sneak out!!!) Or on Soarin' when they called for Single Riders and I hopped the rail, only to have the CM point out to the whole line "you didn't have to hop over like that. I have a gate here" (again, I can laugh at myself.)
                                  My only bad story:
                                  The last time I rode the railroad was ridiculous! The line wasn't even backed up down the stairs at NOS, but it still took 4 trains to get on! The CM tried to justify it by saying they are only allowed to board for so long, but in actuality, he was only letting on 10 passengers per train. (and there were still plenty of openings. They were more empty than full.) And on top of that, once the 10 people were seated, it was still a good while before the train pulled out. I think there was a backup, because we had to stop and wiat before we could pull into toon town. So why be so anal when there was plenty of room and time to board more riders?
                                  Good story (Yippie!!!
                                  I'm gonna go with the Custodial CM on Saturday. She was so nice! My daughter, age 2, spilled her entire bucket of popcorn on the ground. Its not easy to tell a 2 year old there is no more popcorn, especially when she's standing in it. They don't understand germs at that age. Luckily, I didn't have to fight as this VERY nice lady was sweeping it up in under a minute! And then she let me know they would refill it, just point over to her. (which I did) And the popcorn guy, I told him we'd already eaten about 1/3 of the bucket, and he just laughed at me and filled it to the top!
                                  One more, this one a WDW story. My mom got on Buzz and tucked her shopping bag at her feet. Some time during the ride her bag fell out of our car. We let a CM know, and he proceeded to grab a claw-looking device and boarded. He came out the other end, our bag in hand! SO extremely above and beyond!!!
                                  I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

Comment

Originally posted by idontneedaname
                                    Do I think a meat skewer costs as much as they charge? Of couse not, it's called profit margin.

let me ask you this, if it's "only" a meat skewer and Disney won't miss it, then why not give them away free all day to every guest?

would it be right for a CM working the entrance gate let his/hers friends in for free?
                                    no

would it be right if a CM working in the stores giving his/hers friends free souvenirs?
                                    no

then why is it right giving free food to friends? because it's under $10?

there is no way to justify it. it is stealing

So you'd refuse to accept something for free? And I'm sure you don't have any connections that get you something beyond that which others receive? Anyway, the CM was trying to make some magic...which may come at a price which the guest obviously paid to enter the park. Don't get too analytical, it is Disneyland, but it still is the real world!

Comment

I hate hearing about rude CM's...Disney hired us because we are nice, outstanding people they see potential in, but for most I guess it is just a job.

I do my best to be polite, and its really hard, because the situations are often comical and frustrating.
                                      Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

Comment

One time, I and another off-duty CM were in the park watching a parade or something. Anyway, this CM needs to get across the park, but it was all roped off for guest control. This kid proceeds to move a trashcan out of his way so he can go where the GC CMs have tried to prevent there being traffic. When the guests around him, affected by this, complained at him, he tried pulling rank. He did the whole "I'm a castmember" thing, going so far as to show his ID. I pulled out mine (or was it my friend? Heck, I can no longer remember) and said "So am I, and you should know better than to go through this area when guest control doesn't want you to." By this time the CM working that spot (it was in the hub, btw) noticed and got hugely angry at the bad CM and told him he'd have to wait for a crossing with everybody else and use designated walkways.

The bad CM reacted very badly to this. I'm pretty sure the GC CM reported him for his behavior.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I have to side with the CM on this one a little. You showed up at the last minute and it sounds like you took a spot in a location where you are not suppose to stand.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X